-ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hi Dorian, I install 2.2 V2 seems to be working fine so far no glitch. it is almost the same actually but I like UGJK3 ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XXJPY 2.2.1

Hi Dorian, I install 2.2 V2 seems to be working fine so far no glitch. it is almost the same actually but I like UGJK3 better. Thank you for the both edition.

What the big difference between UGJK3 and this Rom? I tried your other one when I was messing around, but I thought I read somewhere that I shouldn't use JK3 Rom in the US. So I removed it not giving it enough time installed to give it a fair assessment

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    What the big difference between UGJK3 and this Rom? I tried your other one when I was messing around, but I thought I read somewhere that I shouldn't use JK3 Rom in the US. So I removed it not giving it enough time installed to give it a fair assessment
    Well, the differences in the two are all under the hood. JK3 is regular 2.2, while JPY is 2.2.1. 2.2.1 is like a service pack upgrade for Windows. You can't really "see" what it changes unless you know what you're looking for on the file and debug level. And about the JK3 ROM, it's an adapted GT-i9000 ROM from Europe. The European Galaxy S handsets aren't under the crazy carrier control like AT&T and VZW have here, so they get updates pushed straight to their phones from Samsung. Running JK3 or any other i-9000 ROM is perfectly fine.

I have installed this rom and have tried to put the gtalkservice.apk in the system/apps folder and it's still not appearing in the launcher. Is there something I am doing wrong? Also is there any way to get the setting back that keeps the phone from going to sleep when it's plugged in?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by GTerplan View Post
    I have installed this rom and have tried to put the gtalkservice.apk in the system/apps folder and it's still not appearing in the launcher. Is there something I am doing wrong? Also is there any way to get the setting back that keeps the phone from going to sleep when it's plugged in?
    Interesting. I'll be making a full on revision to JPY here in a couple of days, but if GTalk is important, try the JK3 ROM. It's got GTalk included, and it for the most part, seems much more bug free.

Dorian, my favorite thing about this ROM is the battery life, how does JK3 compare?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Pretty well actually, if not better. I've got a revision to JK3 that's uploading at the moment actually...

Dorian...I have just discovered that google navigation locks up on getting directions because the text to speech is not installed. Will this also be a fix in your newer build of XXJPY?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by GTerplan View Post
    Dorian...I have just discovered that google navigation locks up on getting directions because the text to speech is not installed. Will this also be a fix in your newer build of XXJPY?
    Indeed. It is. One of MANY things..LOL.

Is there any way to make text to speech work now? I am trying, but don't seem to be having any luck.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links