-ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Dorian, Could you please post a link or zip file with the unhacked 2.2.1 camera ? - Not only does it have the Warning I ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011

Dorian,
    Could you please post a link or zip file with the unhacked 2.2.1 camera ? - Not only does it have the Warning I mentioned, but neither of my two QR code scanners (QR Droid & mobilScan QR) work anymore.
    Thanks

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    I just installed this ROM (I was using the UGJK3 v4) to see if the latest Android system 2.2.1 made any appreciable difference. So far no problems but I think there is a problem :mad: with the "hacked" camera app. The power button does not activate the shutter and there is an icon in the top left corner that gives me a Warning "Camera failed" :confused:
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong - please advise.
    A different camera is included in the Hotfix. It _should_ fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpjjs View Post
    Thanks for the quick fixes how do I install the hotfix and is there away to use swype I really miss that.

Thanks
    Just download it, drop it on the phone's internal memory and flash from recovery.

Dorian,
    The Galaxy Tab email app. does advise when an email arrives, but when you try to "Load more messages" - nothing happens, so I could not read the arriving e-mail. Sending works OK but I need to open emails in my phone !
    Sorry.... I really don't use that app, and I don't have any accounts to test it with. But the stock Email app has been an issue on most all custom ROM's for quite a while. I don't exactly know why none of them work right?

Dorian,
    Could you please post a link or zip file with the unhacked 2.2.1 camera ? - Not only does it have the Warning I mentioned, but neither of my two QR code scanners (QR Droid & mobilScan QR) work anymore.
    Thanks
    Should be fixed in the Hotfix.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian, you say
    "A different camera is included in the Hotfix. It _should_ fix that." I installed the Hotfix (again) Sorry to say - it does not. When QR Droid tries to read from the camera, it just sits there. I have to think that it is the camera because it still gives me the same Warning "Camera Failed". Maybe the stock one from your XXJPY 2.2.1 would work for me.
    As to the email app. The one in UGJK3 was working fine for most. It apparently had a problem with corporate mail but the internet (AT&T Yahoo Mail) was OK. I installed the plain vanilla android 2.2.1 one and it is working (even though configuring it is not as easy as with the previous ones in your UGJK3 ROM). The screens are not pretty nor Gingerbread style.
    Looking forward to your usual helpful solutions.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Dorian, you say
    "A different camera is included in the Hotfix. It _should_ fix that." I installed the Hotfix (again) Sorry to say - it does not. When QR Droid tries to read from the camera, it just sits there. I have to think that it is the camera because it still gives me the same Warning "Camera Failed". Maybe the stock one from your XXJPY 2.2.1 would work for me.
    As to the email app. The one in UGJK3 was working fine for most. It apparently had a problem with corporate mail but the internet (AT&T Yahoo Mail) was OK. I installed the plain vanilla android 2.2.1 one and it is working (even though configuring it is not as easy as with the previous ones in your UGJK3 ROM). The screens are not pretty nor Gingerbread style.
    Looking forward to your usual helpful solutions.
    I'm not at home at the moment... But here is JPY's camera in an installer. Please let me know if it works!

Dorian,
    "I'm not at home at the moment... But here is JPY's camera in an installer. Please let me know if it works! " - No, this one crashes when switching from still to camcorder ! (and the QR apps still don't work) - Please advise

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Dorian,
    "I'm not at home at the moment... But here is JPY's camera in an installer. Please let me know if it works! " - No, this one crashes when switching from still to camcorder ! (and the QR apps still don't work) - Please advise
    Ok... This is the last one I have on me. If this one doesn't work it'll have to wait till I get home.

No, Dorian
    This one did not work either. I'll wait to see if when you get back home there are any other solutions (the one from UGJK3) definitely worked well. Thanks for your help so far.
    If possible, please give me also the email app from UGJK3 also.

Dorian,
    Don't worry about my requests. I have gone back to UGJ3 v.5

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Dorian,
    Don't worry about my requests. I have gone back to UGJ3 v.5
    Still though, it needs to be fixed..LOL. I should have an update done by tonight for several issues..

This was my first attempt at rooting a phone...and it went very well, all most everything is working great. The problem I have is the email app keeps crashing. I get the following message:
    "Sorry!The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close"
    I have killed the app so it will not run, and I use the GMail and the Yahoo email apps. They work fine.

Also, what can you fine folks tell me about Quadrant Standard and its benchmark apps? My score is 1020...good? bad? great? how can I improve that if in fact it can be improved?
    I will probably have other questions as I play with the phone.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links