-ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I got 880-915 on Quadrant with the stock ROM. Went up to 1228 with Dorian's XXJPY ROM, and has gone up to 1376 with Dorian's ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011

I got 880-915 on Quadrant with the stock ROM. Went up to 1228 with Dorian's XXJPY ROM, and has gone up to 1376 with Dorian's UGJK3 ROM.

From what Dorian said (in another thread?) was that Linpack may be a better test of the true performance. I've also found Smartbench was a good test for the Galaxy S phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed W View Post
    Also, what can you fine folks tell me about Quadrant Standard and its benchmark apps? My score is 1020...good? bad? great? how can I improve that if in fact it can be improved?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    This was my first attempt at rooting a phone...and it went very well, all most everything is working great. The problem I have is the email app keeps crashing. I get the following message:
    "Sorry!The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close"
    I have killed the app so it will not run, and I use the GMail and the Yahoo email apps. They work fine.

Also, what can you fine folks tell me about Quadrant Standard and its benchmark apps? My score is 1020...good? bad? great? how can I improve that if in fact it can be improved?
    I will probably have other questions as I play with the phone.
    The email app has been a problem here lately... I'm not quite sure why though.

Quadrant is mostly a filesystem benchmark. Samsung released the Galaxy S series with the RFS file system, which by it's nature, is slower than other filesystems. The lagfix that's implemented in the recovery converts your internal partitions to EXT4, which is much faster than RFS. You can find the instructions on how to enable that in the OP... it will raise your Quadrant score considerably. But... Quadrant isn't a good indicator of real world performance. For a more realistic indicator, use Linpack.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Implemented the Lagfix and my quadrant score jumped 300 points. Thanks. Will look at Linpack tomorrow.
    another problem has surfaced. Downloaded ShopSavvy but it crashes every time I try to use it. The cameras (still and video) proframs seem to be working fine, but not the this barcode scanning program.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Implemented the Lagfix and my quadrant score jumped 300 points. Thanks. Will look at Linpack tomorrow.
    another problem has surfaced. Downloaded ShopSavvy but it crashes every time I try to use it. The cameras (still and video) proframs seem to be working fine, but not the this barcode scanning program.
    The barcode issue is something I'm working on currently...

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Version 2 is out!
    V2 Changelog:
    • UI Framework Changes
    • Camera fix for barcode scanning/removed front facing cam reference/fixed recording
    • Voodoo Sound V3
    • Updated Kernel

Download it here!

Installed V2...at least I tried to. Would not reboot. Thought I had a brick on my hands, but was finally able to reboot to V1 though I lost all my settings/apps. Will try this again tomorrow as maybe I did something wrong.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Sometimes a download can be corrupted. Maybe try re-downloading... and make sure to eject the SD or turn off USB storage from the phone instead of just unplugging it. Just unplugging it will cause corruption almost every time... at least from what I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Sometimes a download can be corrupted. Maybe try re-downloading... and make sure to eject the SD or turn off USB storage from the phone instead of just unplugging it. Just unplugging it will cause corruption almost every time... at least from what I've tried.
    I'm having the same problem as EdW. I even tried re-downloading. It installs fine through ROM Manager, but when it reboots, it never gets finished. I've tried 3 times and waited at least 10 minutes for it to reboot. It kind of seems like it's in a reboot loop, although I only see the Galaxy S boot logos once. It just keeps vibrating three short bursts, then a minute later one longer vibration. I was previously using JPY but flashed JF6 with ODIN first.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Very interesting! I'll see if it was a corrupted upload! Sorry guys!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Very sorry! It was a corrupted upload. With future releases I'll post an MD5 checksum so that the download can be verified before flashing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links