-ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011

This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Did the download link get fixed? I installed the rom from your link after you mentioned that it was corrupted. The build number is telling ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: -ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011

Did the download link get fixed? I installed the rom from your link after you mentioned that it was corrupted. The build number is telling me its V1, is that correct? I noticed in the changelog for v2 that you removed the system clock in the tray and I don't see it in mine

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    So you're seeing a clock in the status bar and it still says V1? Hmm.

I did supossedly fix the issue, as before I uploaded the fix I flashed it to my Captivate and everything was good.

I guess this means that something is amuck with my site server. Bear with me, I just built the site and I'm still working out some kinks.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Ok. Debug Debug Debug...

What's shown at the site now is accurate.

Will flashing V2 wipe out my settings/apps?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed W View Post
    Will flashing V2 wipe out my settings/apps?
    I just upgraded from V1 to V2. I disabled lagfix which created a backup and then installed the upgrade. After it booted the first time, I went back to recover and applied the lagfix and rebooted again. Went back to recover and restored JUST DATA from the backup created before the upgrade. Reboot went straight back into recover and use CWM to wipe dalvik cache. Keep in mind that I tend to be OCD about apply a Rom and usually start from step 1 of flash back to stock. This is the first time I did it this way without going to stock and it works perfect. I also removed my SIM and memory card just in case before i removed the lagfix

Thanks Dorian for getting your the link sorted out. I moved away from JPY when cog 3.x came out and decided to check out the JS3 hoping the bugs in the 2.2.1 JPY have been resolved. Keep up the great work!

The V2 upgrade is complete and the process was very smooth Thanks. I did use Titanium to back up everything and though I am not sure how it worked, it worked great. Barcode scanner woks great!

Dorian, why did you remove the clock from the task bar? I am not sure if I always looked at it before but now that i know it's not there i keep looking for it. Also, if I wanted to try a different ROM , like UGJK3 for example, can I just flash the latest version of that or do I have to flash all the versions in order?

Question what is different about this and the V5 gingerbread them?? which is better... and does this on have the same gallery issue?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    JK3 is just plain 2.2. This one (JS3) is 2.2 service update 1... or 2.2.1. Frameworks are different, font rendering is different, and several other things are different. I don't believe this one has the gallery issue though... If I remember right. I'm not on this one right now so I can't confirm it. I'm on a Gingerbread build right now, trying to sort some stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    JK3 is just plain 2.2. This one (JS3) is 2.2 service update 1... or 2.2.1. Frameworks are different, font rendering is different, and several other things are different. I don't believe this one has the gallery issue though... If I remember right. I'm not on this one right now so I can't confirm it. I'm on a Gingerbread build right now, trying to sort some stuff out.

Now Gingerbread...... Thts what i want!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links