-ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011
This is a discussion on -ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011 within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Check my website *here* for updates.
Version 2 is out!
UI Framework Changes Camera fix for barcode scanning/removed front facing cam reference/fixed recording ...
-ROM- Dorian's XWJS3 2.2.1 - 1.22.2011
Check my website *here* for updates.
Version 2 is out!
- UI Framework Changes
- Camera fix for barcode scanning/removed front facing cam reference/fixed recording
- Voodoo Sound V3
- Updated Kernel
- Removed clock from status bar
Hotfix for V1 - Fixes Camcorder issues, adds Appwidgetpicker, and adds all the Samsung Live Wallpapers.
Remember, that before performing updates or flashing a different kernel, to DISABLE the lagfix. Otherwise you will most likely have to re-flash to stock and upgrade all over again.
- Based on Samsung's XWJS3 2.2.1
- TLJL3 Modem
- Hardcore's SpeedMod for Captivate @ 1GHz with 500Hz Frequency Polling - Thanks Hardcore @ XDA
- Voodoo Sound V2... Improves sound all around.
- Lagfix implemented in recovery - Instructions below...
- Extensive Gingerbread Theming
- Preloaded with Samsung Keypad, Gingerbread's Multi-touch Keyboard
- Cyanogen's HUGE APN List
- Ringtones/Notifications/Alarms from Motorola, HTC, Samsung, and Nokia (plenty of choice!)
- Custom Window Animations
- Included Gingerbread's Clock/Alarm app.
- Bug free hacked browser. Allows you to change your User Agent String.
- Updated Samsung Apps
- Updated AllShare
- EMail app from Samsung's Galaxy Tab.
- Better battery life compared to JK3/JPY
- AOSP Messaging App
- Hacked Gallery... Improves battery life by getting rid of background CPU usage.
- Hacked Camera... Allows you to shoot with low batt %, and the power button is the shutter button.
- Debugging enabled by default
- Integrated Google Talk and Text to Speech
- This is a full system wipe release.
To find the wallpaper used in this release, as well as a TON of awesome wallpapers, look HERE for "Wicked's" graphics thread!
Few notes about this one... Window animations aren't turned on by default. You can find the animations toggle in the Display settings menu.
How to enable the Lagfix:
- First, reboot into Recovery.
- In recovery go to advanced SpeedMod ULK Features
- Then LAGFIX Options
- Then Advanced custom conversion options...
- From there, use the power/select to change "DATA_FS" "CACHE_FS" and "DBDATA_FS" to EXT4 (not EXT4nj). As you press select it cycles through options...
- Once done there, go back and reboot. Then upon reboot, select continue with backup and restore.
You'll need to know how download mode works on the Captivate:
To get into download mode... Remove the SIM and External SD, and with the phone off, hold down both volume buttons (+-) while plugging in the USB cord. You should see a big yellow yield sign with an Android shoveling trash with "Downloading".
AND REMEMBER... If anything goes wrong during this process, don't panic or hyperventilate. Just go back into Download Mode and reflash JF6. By flashing this, you recognize the risks involved, and neither I, nor attdroids are responsible for bricks.
Here's step-by-step how to install:
- I recommend that your phone be charged to at least 75% before starting. (100% recommended)
- Back up your apps and personal information.
- Download the stock JF6 Eclair build ODIN3 One-Click restore.
- Now you must have ODIN open before plugging in the phone.
- Get your phone into download mode, plug it in, and ODIN should show a yellow box with what COM port your phone is connected to. (See above^)
- Now click start to flash JF6.
- Go to Settings-->Applications-->Development and check "USB Debugging".
- Download SGS One Click Root *PC* or *MAC*, and run it.
- When your Captivate reboots, use the down volume key to select "Reinstall Packages" and the power button to select it. Now it will install Superuser and reboot.
- Now that you're rooted, Download "ROM Manager" from the Android Market.
- Run ROM Manager and "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and make sure to select "Captivate".
- Now, place my ROM zip on your phone's internal SD storage.
- Unplug your phone, and go into ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery"
- Once in recovery, use the volume keys to move down to "install zip from SD card" and the power key to select. Then "choose zip from SD card". As glenthax has brought to my attention, if you see the default Samsung recovery with blue text upon reboot, select reinstall packages and after it installs it will reboot itself into the correct ClockworkMod recovery which will have green text.
- Now scroll down until you find "Dorian's XWJS3 V1" and select that to flash it.
- You may notice the screen wig out for a second or two, but don't worry that's normal. It's installing a new modem and kernel.
- When it gets done enjoy FroYo! **First boot can take several minutes.
When you initially restore back to JF6 if you have issues with ROM Manager throwing errors, download THIS update.zip that you flash from default recovery.
DroidX Multitouch Keyboard APK
Android.net is the premier Android Forum
. Registered users do not see these ads. .
yeeeeee, its here. downloading now.
download is keep cutting off. I guess everybody is trying to download at the same time?
Im downloading also!!! TY Dorian!
Awesome! Let me know how it goes!
Is anyone else having trouble with download?
Yes it wont finish downloading for me either. I am currently on my 4th attempt. lol
awwww it just cut out again!!! Seems to cut out at around 70mb every time.
Hmm. Sit tight for a sec and let me see what's wrong with the download....
EDIT: I have it uploading to somewhere else as I type this... I've been having issues with DropBox here lately for some reason.
Im ready and waiting. Already at the step to put the new ROM on the internal SD.
Alright, try that link again.
Search tags for this page
2.2.1 xwjs3 firmware
dorian sim card
dorian's xwjs3 2.2.1
roms for 2.2.1 indulge
samsung captivate camera firmware update#gsc.tab
samsung indulge rom
samsung indulge roms downloads
samsung indulge rooted rom
update.zip for 2.2 for the indulge
xwjs3 rom download
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.