Whoa, three Dorian ROMs?

This is a discussion on Whoa, three Dorian ROMs? within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian XXJPY is going to be the short lived one. I plan on one more update for it. XWJS3 has a marginally ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoa, three Dorian ROMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    XXJPY is going to be the short lived one. I plan on one more update for it. XWJS3 has a marginally better base and a later build date, so that's the 2.2.1 ROM that will continue to get updates. UGJK3 will continue to get routine updates as well, because I feel that one is mature and any update from this point on will mostly be bug fixes and minor feature updates.
    So giving up XXJPY, does that mean you'll have more time to start work on a 2.3 ROM?

Did I tell you I love your work...

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jorj7 View Post
    So giving up XXJPY, does that mean you'll have more time to start work on a 2.3 ROM?

Did I tell you I love your work...
    Actually, Gingerbread for the Captivate is on hold till someone comes out with a compatable kernel. I'm not skilled in compiling kernels, so that's what I'm waiting on.

But thanks! Samsung should have some more Froyo builds out by mid-late Feb., so there should be a few more updates till Gingerbread is stable.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Dorian,
    Do you know somthing about the leak of GB for the Galaxy S?, looks is real?, Are you going to work with that?

Early Leak of Gingerbread 2.3.2 for the Galaxy S Found! - BriefMobile

Quote Originally Posted by Sig33 View Post
    Dorian,
    Do you know somthing about the leak of GB for the Galaxy S?, looks is real?, Are you going to work with that?

Early Leak of Gingerbread 2.3.2 for the Galaxy S Found! - BriefMobile
    In order to do something with it, we will need sources. From what I have been reading, the button mapping is off, orientation is for the I9000 series and not for the captivate as well as the compass and few other things is not working as well as no animation. Its a leaked Dev build that is not ready.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    In order to do something with it, we will need sources. From what I have been reading, the button mapping is off, orientation is for the I9000 series and not for the captivate as well as the compass and few other things is not working as well as no animation. Its a leaked Dev build that is not ready.
    Basically all of what he just said. We need kernel source to be released that way we can re-orient the kernel for the Captivate. The kernel has all the hardware drivers for things such as the orientation sensor, GPS, audio, accelerometer, and other hardware... Once a kernel is built from source, if and when it's released, we can get GB working.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links