Whoa, three Dorian ROMs?

This is a discussion on Whoa, three Dorian ROMs? within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Super noob here. Took a look at all three ROM pages, but I don't understand, what's the difference? They all look almost identical. I get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa, three Dorian ROMs?

Whoa, three Dorian ROMs?

Super noob here. Took a look at all three ROM pages, but I don't understand, what's the difference? They all look almost identical. I get one is 2.2 and the others 2.2.1--but what's the point of having all three ROMs available? And how come none of these are posted at XDA? There's a huge community over there that would appreciate these ROMs!

Amazing credit to Dorian, definitely look like incredible ROMs, I'm just not sure which one to get. Any advice? (the only real feature I need is the BLN control--does only the 2.2 rom support that?)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Try the UGJK3. That seems to be the crowd fav. UGJK3 is based on 2.2, while XXJPY and XWJS3 are 2.2.1. Different bases behave slightly different... but UGJK3, I have to say, is the smoothest of the three.

Welcome to the forum! And yes, all my ROM's support BLN Control, and the UGJK3 comes with the control APP baked in.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Excellent, grabbing it now. Why no exposure on XDA? Your ROMs would certainly be appreciated there.

(nice LBP2 pic btw)

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I find XDA to be just too hectic. LOL. It's just too much at one time... they expect people to wade through like 100+ pages to find useful information.

Let me know how it goes!

LOL... Thanks.. I was looking for a C.L.U. suit pic, and there was this LBP sackboy. I was like.. It's perfect!

Hey Dorian have you taken a look at what Team Komin has been able to do with the Armani Captivate Stock Froyo? It's smooove and very pretty. Might I recommend you building your next ROM from the Amani base?

Yeah I'm currently using Andromeda and curious to how it compares with UGJK3.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The Armani ROM is a 2.2.1 ROM, and it's really not much different than the builds I use. I use i9000 base in all my ROM's, because I feel there's more choice in kernels. I do hand it to them for their design touches though. They made a pretty decent looking ROM.

Hi Dorian,
    I flashed XXJPY a couple weeks back and quite happy with it. The response is smooth and fast. The battery went 3 days with my usual phone, wifi, bluetooth, and GPS usage before charging. I notice that your other ROMs UGJK3 and XWJS3 are updated more frequent, for example with Voodoo v2 (still don't know what Voodoo is for ;-))

I wonder in the long run should I stick with this JPY ROM or move to one of the other 2 ROMs?

Thanks for the great work!

So if we're looking for longevity, which one is the best one to go with? Do you plan on developing on any particular release longer than the others? Because I'd like to get on which ever one is going to be around & updated the longest.

Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    XXJPY is going to be the short lived one. I plan on one more update for it. XWJS3 has a marginally better base and a later build date, so that's the 2.2.1 ROM that will continue to get updates. UGJK3 will continue to get routine updates as well, because I feel that one is mature and any update from this point on will mostly be bug fixes and minor feature updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links