Should I restore to stock?

This is a discussion on Should I restore to stock? within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; So I finally caved in and called AT&T about the Captive shut-down issue. Captivate Keep Alive works fine, but it drains the battery quicker than ...

Thread: Should I restore to stock?

Should I restore to stock?

So I finally caved in and called AT&T about the Captive shut-down issue. Captivate Keep Alive works fine, but it drains the battery quicker than it should rightfully drain. Without it, the phone is off every time I go to use it thanks to Samsung being Samsung.

I am running Dorians UGJK3 Froyo. My main concern is will returning the phone to ATT with the custom rom on it, will it void the warranty? Or do I need to play it safe and restore it to stock? If thats the case, how? :confused:

BTW, this new one ATT just drop shipped me is Captivate number six. The first four had various hardware defects, the last grew on me and really only had the shutdown issue.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Oh yeah duh. Odin3 resets it to stock. Can learn a lot just reading Dorians posts.
    Just flashed it to be on the safe side. Now to put Froyo on the new one.

That's what I would do.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Yea, you can find it in all three of my posts.. ODIN it before you send it off, otherwise it's warranty is void. If you ODIN flash it back to stock, there is no way to tell anything you've done... software wise.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Can restoring the phone to stock too many times hurt the phone in any way? I mean, can it corrupt the on board memory? There are so many ROMs out there for the cappy, I want to try them all, but I just worry about hurting my phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links