captivate that needs help

This is a discussion on captivate that needs help within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; One of my buddies wanted his captivate rooted and have a custom rom installed. I ended up getting it rooted for him after some research, ...

Thread: captivate that needs help

Exclamation captivate that needs help

One of my buddies wanted his captivate rooted and have a custom rom installed. I ended up getting it rooted for him after some research, as i have a verzion droid1 things are a bit different. he downloaded a custom rom...not sure which one and installed it. well the rom he installed is for a verizon samsung fascinate. after the phone boots up the only thing that happens is fc message after fc message. now would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to fix his phone for him? my buddy is technologically illeriterate, and i as i stated before i have a verizon droid1 and know nothing about the samsung captivate.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'd run the ODIN3 One-Click ( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16207036/I89...l-OCD-REV0.rar ) and start
    over again. Dorian has a good ROM that I've found to work very well with install instructions on this site:
    http://www.attdroids.com/forum/samsu...d-edition.html

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Oh... Cross flashing different models is really really dangerous. Lucky he didn't brick it! That ODIN3 One-Click that's linked above me will bring the phone back to stock, like it just came out of the box. Welcome to the forum!

Tell your friend to be careful about what he flashes! These new phones are really easy to brick.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

thanks for your help. downloading odin3 now then going to bed. ill have to try it out tomorrow after work.

i tried it out and while it was in the process my dog walked by waggin her tail and knowcked the phone down unplugging it. now it wont even come on at all when its plugged in. what do i do now????

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Well...

Can you get into download mode? remove the SIM and external memory card, now hold down both volume keys while plugging in the USB. If you get nothing, you could have a brick.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Unhappy

No I can't even get it to the downloading screen. It wont power up at all. I did some research and there have been many cases where peoples captivates wont turn on at all. They all got a replacement phone at no charge......eventually. so me and my buddy went in to the radioshack that he got it from and they gave him a number to call for a replacement phone. Btw he got his captivate for $60 because the sticker price was wrong......he got lucky there

Geez. Talk about a perfect storm of mishaps...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links