The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; and i am finding one more problem, when i go the the native messaging app and try to change the settings it freezes and then ...

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

and i am finding one more problem, when i go the the native messaging app and try to change the settings it freezes and then i have to turn my phone off

Edit: i get this message: activity messaging (in process messaging) is not responding

Edit: now i am also getting this one: application messaging in process com. android.mms is not responding

nvm im flashing to a new rom i just found

Dorian, did you add a "rec" button/option to the phone dialer or was it there before and I just never noticed it? Anyway, I used it and it seemed to have work. After the call I tracked down the file on the phone but neither the stock Sound Player or Player Pro (which were my only two options) worked. I tried opening it on my desktop but WMP wouldn't open it nor would FF convert it to a usable format. Any suggestions as to how to play the file, both on my phone and on the desktop?

I also tried to duplicate Randysnp errors but I couldn't. Both the stock message app and chompSMS (which I use) work fine.

Also, is that Tweeter account name of yours that you sign your messages here with, is it still good? I searched on Twitter and couldn't find you.

Great job! much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed W View Post
    Dorian, did you add a "rec" button/option to the phone dialer or was it there before and I just never noticed it? Anyway, I used it and it seemed to have work. After the call I tracked down the file on the phone but neither the stock Sound Player or Player Pro (which were my only two options) worked. I tried opening it on my desktop but WMP wouldn't open it nor would FF convert it to a usable format. Any suggestions as to how to play the file, both on my phone and on the desktop?
    update: it seems that even though it looks like it is recording, it is not. The file size was 0. A file is created (voice call 1, voice call 2...) but nothing there Also I tried it 3 times now and each time the phone locks up when I end the call.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT

I also tried to duplicate Randysnp errors but I couldn't. Both the stock message app and chompSMS (which I use) work fine.

Also, is that Tweeter account name of yours that you sign your messages here with, is it still good? I searched on Twitter and couldn't find you.

Great job! much appreciated!
    update: it seems that even though it looks like it is recording, it is not. The file size was 0. A file is created (voice call 1, voice call 2...) but nothing there Also I tried it 3 times now and each time the phone locks up when I end the call.
    Yea, I'm not using a kernel with the Dialer Recorder function enabled... so I scrapped that after the first build. The button is still there, but it won't actually do anything. It has to have sound re-routed through kernel modules to function.

But yea, my twitter account is still the same.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

How do I in unsubscribe because I just traded my captivate for a iPhone :iphone:

Is there any way to change the brightness of the background/wallpaper only? I know that the super amoled screens use less energy for dark pixels, so I want to use a dark background. It's just hard to find one that I really like. So maybe there would be a way to make any wallpaper dark enough to conserve battery.

Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
    Is there any way to change the brightness of the background/wallpaper only? I know that the super amoled screens use less energy for dark pixels, so I want to use a dark background. It's just hard to find one that I really like. So maybe there would be a way to make any wallpaper dark enough to conserve battery.

How about Photoshop?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by ktuluslav View Post
    How about Photoshop?
    That would be my answer... or if not photoshop, some other photo editor that can lower image brightness such as Live Image Editor, GIMP, or the one that comes with MS Office.

I'm not aware of any app that will darken/brighten the wallpaper only, on the fly. Its an interesting idea though... especially for AMOLED.

Sent from Spacial Grid 325, Terra 001

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I've been on this build for about a week now with only one problem. On two separate occasions when I tried to make a call I noticed the line never made any sounds but the call went trough. I know the other end answered because of the vibrate notification but I couldn't hear them and they couldn't hear me. Both times I hung up and redialed the number, both times the call went through correctly. It doesn't happen that often, just wondering if anyone else has noticed it. Other than that it's been pretty sweet.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links