The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I don't need Swype either, Gingerbread keyboard is just fine. Just trying to report all bugs to the Master Now my camera does the same ...

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

I don't need Swype either, Gingerbread keyboard is just fine. Just trying to report all bugs to the Master

Now my camera does the same thing - says "Failed" when switching to video. Contrary to Swype, i do want it to work though

edit: just discovered that barcode scanners (ShopSavvy and Barcode Scanner) are not working - force closing (even after reboot). Another camera issue?

Junior Member avinash_attdroids's Avatar
    Great work Dorian. I was on UGJK3 V6 earlier, which was perfect. Had an itch to try GB so moved to CM7, its far from complete though, so came back to your JS8 ROM. Beautiful Font, looks pleasant. I have the same problem with the camera "camera failed". hope you find a fix. I was missing the 720P recording on CM7, looks like i've to wait for the video camera a little longer till you find a fix. You've earned another ardent fan for your ROMs though. And yes the battery life couldn't be better, 8hr 46Mins unplugged at 76% with moderate usage.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    GB email is awesome and this version is stable on my device, whereas others that I tried weren't - even with POP3.
    HC music player has been great all day as well. I played about 3 hours of music off and on in my car and while I was working - no issues.
    I am also having the camera problem, when switching to video says "camera failed".
    I like the keyboard in the build and don't care about swype, but yeah, same problem. The Chinese keyboard has a swype like thing that works just fine - IMO.

On a side note, I'm getting incredibly good stability, speeds and call quality off of the KP1 modem in my area. I achieved 5968kps down and 1004kps up today at 5:04pm on a crowded freeway full of people. Maybe a fluke, but I am curious if AT&T switched on backhaul for HSPA+ in my area. I've been seeing 20-30dbm swings in signal strength for the last few weeks, now all of a sudden I have a 25dbm stronger signal at home, consistently in the last 48 hours, and the speeds of all of the four towers near by home / office are nearly twice as fast as they normally are, during peak hours. Off peak hours they've always been quick, but never up that close to 6mbps for the down throughput...
    I plan on an update tonight for the camera. I've found the issue. As for your data speeds, yes... We're lighting up fiber backhaul to all the major metropolitan areas and the areas surrounding them, in preparation for HSPA+ deployment very soon. Your speeds are what real 3G is supposed to be, provided adequate backhaul. You might could eke out an extra megabit on the uplink once HSPA+ lights up.

Quote Originally Posted by ktuluslav View Post
    I don't need Swype either, Gingerbread keyboard is just fine. Just trying to report all bugs to the Master

Now my camera does the same thing - says "Failed" when switching to video. Contrary to Swype, i do want it to work though

edit: just discovered that barcode scanners (ShopSavvy and Barcode Scanner) are not working - force closing (even after reboot). Another camera issue?
    Yep... I had this same camera issue with JS3. I thought Samsung might have fixed it, but I guess not..LOL. Look for an update tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by avinash View Post
    Great work Dorian. I was on UGJK3 V6 earlier, which was perfect. Had an itch to try GB so moved to CM7, its far from complete though, so came back to your JS8 ROM. Beautiful Font, looks pleasant. I have the same problem with the camera "camera failed". hope you find a fix. I was missing the 720P recording on CM7, looks like i've to wait for the video camera a little longer till you find a fix. You've earned another ardent fan for your ROMs though. And yes the battery life couldn't be better, 8hr 46Mins unplugged at 76% with moderate usage.
    Nice! Stability, performance, and presentation are the main points I try to hit. I'm still waiting on Samsung to drop some source on one of their Gingerbread builds for the i9000, so the kernel can be re-oriented for the Captivate and re-built. Once that happens, I'll bring you guys some Gingerbread goodness. I thought about using CM7 as a base, but the installation is terribly user un-friendly ATM... in addition to being buggy and lacking features like 720p recording.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    JS8 Camera Fix is up...

-Download Here-

Junior Member avinash_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post

Nice! Stability, performance, and presentation are the main points I try to hit. I'm still waiting on Samsung to drop some source on one of their Gingerbread builds for the i9000, so the kernel can be re-oriented for the Captivate and re-built. Once that happens, I'll bring you guys some Gingerbread goodness. I thought about using CM7 as a base, but the installation is terribly user un-friendly ATM... in addition to being buggy and lacking features like 720p recording.
    looking forward to it... and thanks for the fix, will try it later tonite.. and 26Hrs 52Mins 44s unplugged with 28% remaining.. Regular use.. this ROM is the best..

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    JS8 Camera Fix is up...

-Download Here-
    Thank you Dorian! Camera and barcode scanners work now.

Thanks Dorian it works great is swype enabled on this version I have been using ultra keyboard a swype type of keyboard that is more full featured but that didn't seem compatible with this version. But everything else works great and battery life is improved from the earlier roms'. Ultra Keyboard does work now not sure if I set it right the first time. This is the best rom so far great job!!!

Dorian,
    Do you plan to update JS8 Update 2 with the Camera Fix, or will we need to do a 2-step to install the camera fix?

Anyone,
    JS8 Update 2 said Swype is included. Is it "working" for folks?

Dorian, you rock!
    Randy

(waiting to jump on the JS8 train!)

Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Dorian,
    Do you plan to update JS8 Update 2 with the Camera Fix, or will we need to do a 2-step to install the camera fix?

Anyone,

Dorian, you rock!
    Randy

Swype not working yet

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Dorian,

Anyone,

Dorian, you rock!
    Randy

I plan to update it to a full installer with all the fixes so far included... Only thing that's stopping me currently is my internet is out. Some idiot in my neighborhood cut the underground line, so I'm using my portable hotspot on my phone..LOL.

I have to find out why swype is throwing up it's error. It functions and doesn't crash, but the swype feature isn't activated for some reason, so it's like a regular tap and go keyboard. Hope to figure that out soon..

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links