The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I second that. I've tried to backup and restore everything (user apps and system data) and it just screws the system apps up (music player, ...

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

I second that. I've tried to backup and restore everything (user apps and system data) and it just screws the system apps up (music player, calendar, dialer, etc.) Most of your apps will retain login info, passwords, and other data, but I've noticed that most games will not back up your progress. So be prepared to start Angry Birds from the beginning.... Well worth it IMO.

Just flashed this rom with the updates and wow! A definate upgrade from the citrus v6!
    Nice job Dorian!!! I love it!

I figured out what the random shut downs were about, Dorian. I had some very specific voltage / frequency settings set up for the overclocker and I had a frequency enabled in the overclock widget when the screen was off that I did not have enable in the voltage controller. Trial and error is a bi&ch, but that solved the problem. Thanks for all of the feedback and support.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Alright guys... Who would like to see a CM7 support thread here? I'm thinking about writing one up if you guys are interested.

(I warn you ahead of time that installing CM7 is still a LOT more technical than installing any of my Froyo ROM's.)

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Alright guys... Who would like to see a CM7 support thread here? I'm thinking about writing one up if you guys are interested.

(I warn you ahead of time that installing CM7 is still a LOT more technical than installing any of my Froyo ROM's.)
    Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by ktuluslav View Post
    Count me in!
    I too have been very curious about CM7, but don't want to read 1000 pages on xda before installing it. There's a pretty good install video from mobiletechvideos, btw.

And last I heard, there were still issues with the camera and poor battery life. Is that still the case?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Well, bug wise, it's not bad at all ATM. Of course there's no 720p video recording, but the camera works fine.

Battery life is also pretty decent... worse than Froyo, but that's to be expected since this isn't even RC status yet. We have the internal and external SD cards mount to the PC now though. I've been running CM7 as a daily driver for the past week and I have to say, for music it's awesome! With Voodoo Sound and the DSP app, you have a TON more control over the EQ.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

[EDIT] Wow - I've installed CM7 and boy, what a process. Making sure to install the HDPI Google Apps package has been the most challenging thing thus far though, rather than the GB version, as the Captivate requires the HDPI version for the Market and other apps / widgets to work properly. So yeah, I'm totally looking forward to seeing what you've experienced and done to optimize the user experience.

Twist my arm, Dorian... Count me as a "yes" vote.

I have been experimenting with CM7 and Miui. CM7 is pretty nice, i would love to help you test out things Dorian.
    Count me in!

That was quick trip, but I think I'll wait until the bugs are worked out. It ran great for about 5 hours and then all of a sudden went in to a never ending boot loop cycle for reason. Oh well. I just flashed back to JS8 (by way of stock and around the bend and back again)... It was great while it lasted though.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links