The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I plan on writing up a support thread this Saturday... Is anyone in an HSPA enabled area seeing data services flicker between "3G" and "H"? ...

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I plan on writing up a support thread this Saturday...

Is anyone in an HSPA enabled area seeing data services flicker between "3G" and "H"? I'm seeing it rapidly flicker when switching RRC States.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

The open signal widget is showing 3.5G for about the last two weeks. This is since my speeds started showing a noticeable improvement, and strangely, my signal strength increased as well. Mind you, I'm basing this off of this extrapolation as to what the signals mean (not sure if this accounts for HSDPA or HSPA+, but the app is supposed to account for "lesser" networks and tell you if you're one UMTS or EVDO. What the for the breakdown.

In either case, I'm seeing DL of up to 6mbps and UL of up to 2mbps, which is as fast as my WiMax "4G" card from Clear / Comcast.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Very nice! I'm in a saturated area, and I need to look at my tower transceivers I guess. While my speeds are ok, when my radio switches my data connection from IDLE to DCH or FACH, I'm getting flickering network indicators. When the connection is active it's steady "H". When going into or coming out of IDLE, it switches to "3G" to "H" to "3G" to "H".

I guess it's my local tower that's acting up. Hmm...

When you dial *#0011# does it show WCDMA 850 Band 5? I'm thinking your area may actually be one of the few that we've deployed WCDMA 1900 because Seattle is a MAJOR market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Very nice! I'm in a saturated area, and I need to look at my tower transceivers I guess. While my speeds are ok, when my radio switches my data connection from IDLE to DCH or FACH, I'm getting flickering network indicators. When the connection is active it's steady "H". When going into or coming out of IDLE, it switches to "3G" to "H" to "3G" to "H".

I guess it's my local tower that's acting up. Hmm...

When you dial *#0011# does it show WCDMA 850 Band 5? I'm thinking your area may actually be one of the few that we've deployed WCDMA 1900 because Seattle is a MAJOR market.
    I get the same thing at times, the fluttering back and forth between 3G and H. I am currently (at my office) on WCDMA 1900 Band 2 (that's both with the JK4 and KP1 modems by the way - my speeds and signal are just slightly higher with KP1 at the office - but when I get in to more metro areas than where I'm at, I get better response from JK4). Looks like you hit the nail on the head.

hey Dorian, I just saw on xda that the gingerbread sources for the I9000 released. are you still planning on writing up instructions for CM7 or going to release a gingerbread ROM?

I'm in Charlotte NC on business this week, and the system reports WCDMA 1900 Band 2. Status bar reports "H" consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    hey Dorian, I just saw on xda that the gingerbread sources for the I9000 released. are you still planning on writing up instructions for CM7 or going to release a gingerbread ROM?
    Or both ? - I really hope Dorian does a "Dorian GB" ROM. All his ROMS are great, easier to install & work well !

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Interesting. My field tests show no issues with the network, so this fluttering 3G issue is in software somewhere. I think there's something in the baseband firmware that's putting the connection to IDLE too quick.

About the Gingerbread source... its being assimilated as I type. This is going to really make CM7 shine. I'm thinking I may do a CM7 base and a Samsung base ROM, so that those of you who would like to keep Touchwiz can continue using it.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I will surely flash anything you come up with Dorian, thank you for all of your hard work.

I must tell you Dorian, I decided to try MiUi one more time for the heck of it. It seems everytime I flash it, the efsbackup.zip NEVER works and I wind up having to use a manual backup of my efs. I am staying the hell away from that ROM now, LOL. I am staying with your ROMs for good!

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links