The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Agreed. I hard bricked mine as well, twice trying to run the builds out on XDA. You almost have to back up your apps and ...

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

Agreed. I hard bricked mine as well, twice trying to run the builds out on XDA. You almost have to back up your apps and data to your external card, then format your internal card and start from scratch in order to make these builds work - and even then - I wasn't terribly impressed with the stability all the way around either. I like the idea of Gingerbread as much as the next 'hardcore' Android user, but if it doesn't cut the crackers as a stable daily driver, than what's the point? It's a serious pain to bring these things back from a hard brick (and admittedly, it's a serious game of trial and error trying to resurrect the phone out of this state as well - but I did manage to return the device to operation in a supposed irreversible condition). Long and the short of it - I'm anxious to see what Dorian cooks up - as his builds are usually more 'friendly' and less buggy all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    ^ What he said. MikeyMike (the dude that makes serendipity) hard bricked his cappy because of the bootloaders. If you've actually figured out a way around them, then you've 1up'd the dev's on xda.

not related to the excitement for Gingerbread... Dorian I was wondering where you get the wallpapers you use for your ROMS? I remember I liked the one you used when you first released JS5 but haven't found it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    not related to the excitement for Gingerbread... Dorian I was wondering where you get the wallpapers you use for your ROMS? I remember I liked the one you used when you first released JS5 but haven't found it anywhere.
    Android Phone Gallery

Think this was the link to the gallery where they're at.

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Long and the short of it - I'm anxious to see what Dorian cooks up - as his builds are usually more 'friendly' and less buggy all the way around.
    +1
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

I must be thinking a different version, its not the water you I think you posted for but had a wood panel background and sticker type things of stuff from the past. I saw it one time when someone posted a screen of their desktop in the I9000 forum some weeks back, but I cant remember which one

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Did you figure out how to bypass the bootloader? I am very curious on how you might have made it safe for flash
    Not so much bypass (I wish), just easier to follow instructions, and all downloads and instructions provided in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    ^ What he said. MikeyMike (the dude that makes serendipity) hard bricked his cappy because of the bootloaders. If you've actually figured out a way around them, then you've 1up'd the dev's on xda.
    I heard about that, but it seems that he's back up and running ATM.

Here's a zip of all the wallpapers I've used... in test ROM's, or the ones I put here for you guys...

- Download Here -

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

[QUOTE=Dorian;17861]Not so much bypass (I wish), just easier to follow instructions, and all downloads and instructions provided in one place.

YES ! (but where ?) - Dorian, this thread is so cluttered already with 2.2.1 stuff that I hope you will start a new one for the Gingerbread stuff we are all looking forward to.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Not so much bypass (I wish), just easier to follow instructions, and all downloads and instructions provided in one place.

YES ! (but where ?) - Dorian, this thread is so cluttered already with 2.2.1 stuff that I hope you will start a new one for the Gingerbread stuff we are all looking forward to.
    Will do! This one will remain Froyo, and a new one will be for Gingerbread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Here's a zip of all the wallpapers I've used... in test ROM's, or the ones I put here for you guys...

- Download Here -
    JS5 B1 was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Dorian!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    So, yesterday, I bricked one of my Captivate's with JVB. So now my base will be CM7 instead of Samsung's JVB. I really don't want anyone bricking their phone, and with CM7 that isn't a problem.

I noticed that using this it is recording my calls by default.. I love the fact that I can record calls now.. But how do I turn it off by default as it is just burning up my SD card space?

Never mind I found where you have the apk listed in a previous post.. Left this message here just as a warning for people who dont search like me

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links