The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Fluffy I noticed that using this it is recording my calls by default.. I love the fact that I can record calls ...

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I noticed that using this it is recording my calls by default.. I love the fact that I can record calls now.. But how do I turn it off by default as it is just burning up my SD card space?

Never mind I found where you have the apk listed in a previous post.. Left this message here just as a warning for people who dont search like me
    LOL. Yea, sorry about that. I actually meant to change that before I posted that ROM a while back, but forgot to. Seems the update I made that included that APK didn't show in the launcher.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Is the JS8 V1 Update 1-2 that Dorian links to on the first post the latest version of JS8 with all the patches to date, or is V1.1.3 later in the thread the latest and the greatest? Getting ready to take the plunge from JK3 V6 Citrus, unless you folks advise me not to real soon!

Thanks all!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Is the JS8 V1 Update 1-2 that Dorian links to on the first post the latest version of JS8 with all the patches to date, or is V1.1.3 later in the thread the latest and the greatest? Getting ready to take the plunge from JK3 V6 Citrus, unless you folks advise me not to real soon!

Thanks all!
    Yep, the JS8 Update 1-2 is the complete most up-to-date package.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Yep, the JS8 Update 1-2 is the complete most up-to-date package.
    Yea a few notes of what he did in this which is really nice features..

You can record calls now.. However you will need to look further back in this thread to be able to turn it off be default
    The UI in my opinion is much cleaner then his previous.. Just looks better.. Sorry Dorian
    Facebook integration seems slightly better on the contacts..
    Email no admin hack default installed into it as an options (Well done here)
    New Boot screen.. (Not really a feature but worth mentioning)
    I believe this is overclocked as well with Voltage.
    New Music player in it.. I like this one better
    a few new apk's added not worthy of listing but they are there
    Has OTA feature in the setup.. I dont know if this will OTA default.. But it is there now
    Has Teathering USB as well as Mobile AP

And I am sure Dorian has a massive listing of changes that I am missing.. Those where the ones that caught my eye.. Well worth it.. Not many bugs that I have found..

It has dropped a call on me twice so far.. Might be a modem difference in his previous..
    The screen blacked once on me launching into applications... (Only once)
    Same issue with unplugging the headphones and it bringing up the music player.. That REALLY bugs me (Not a show stopper just makes me cringe)
    The Exchange now instead of saying Can not Connect now just sits there "syncing" from time to time.. Not really sure what that is..

Other then that.. Nothing I have noticed..

Hey Guys...I've been browsing around on this forum for a few days now...READ TONS OF POSTS...upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 back to 2.1 to dorians ugjk3 back to 2.1 and NOW im using dorians js8...first off I gotta say thank you dorian!!! this is sooo much better than using the crappy stock att anroid. I use my phone for my car audio...and it sounds alot better with the built in equilizers and amp...SOO many more settings...so again...I wanna say thanks...

My question however tho is....am I the only one having problems connecting my laptop to my phone using mobile ap? am I missing something? I know how to use wifi...but is there something I need to edit? I downloaded wireless tether and I can get a connection through that (kinda slow however) but even with 5 bars of signal on my phone and my laptop saying that it is connected...it tells me that it has either limited connectivity or no internet access? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I used to use kies to tether via USB before I rooted and that worked fine...but heck...if I'll be able to use wifi to connect...I won't bother carrying my usb cable around with me

THANKS GUYS

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Hey Guys...I've been browsing around on this forum for a few days now...READ TONS OF POSTS...upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2 back to 2.1 to dorians ugjk3 back to 2.1 and NOW im using dorians js8...first off I gotta say thank you dorian!!! this is sooo much better than using the crappy stock att anroid. I use my phone for my car audio...and it sounds alot better with the built in equilizers and amp...SOO many more settings...so again...I wanna say thanks...

My question however tho is....am I the only one having problems connecting my laptop to my phone using mobile ap? am I missing something? I know how to use wifi...but is there something I need to edit? I downloaded wireless tether and I can get a connection through that (kinda slow however) but even with 5 bars of signal on my phone and my laptop saying that it is connected...it tells me that it has either limited connectivity or no internet access? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I used to use kies to tether via USB before I rooted and that worked fine...but heck...if I'll be able to use wifi to connect...I won't bother carrying my usb cable around with me

THANKS GUYS
    Stop using an app.. It is built in to the ROM go to setup/wireless and you will see it right in there by default.. Use that it should work like a champ..

Stop using an app.. It is built in to the ROM go to setup/wireless and you will see it right in there by default.. Use that it should work like a champ..
    I know...I can establish a connection with my phone through my laptop using the built in mobile ap...but that is where i get the errors i mentioned(limited connectivity or no internet access)...so i wondered if it was my network...thats when i installed wireless tether...my laptop connected to that and had a working connection

i cant get the mobile ap to work

Dorian,

A little update on the beta, I have run into a couple problems..

First and foremost I get about 1 full day worth of use out of it before this ROM hard locks, becomes unresponsive and it is at random places, once was when I exited Camera the other time was I was inside Applications scrolling. About 24 hours later hard locks and I need to remove battery to reboot it..

Secondly I get a problem when I get a call from time to time, I get a call when it is in sleep mode (In my pocket screen powered off for a while) call comes in, I go to slide from left to right to answer and screen is unresponsive.. If I hit the power button to turn the screen off then back on it works otherwise the touch screen doesn't work.

Another issue is it was charging, got to full vibrated and then powered off

Also you dont have the letters on the Phone Keyboard.. Kinda hard to dial a number 800-dumb-company once in a call.. Dialing initally is fine but IN a call it is not there.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    I know...I can establish a connection with my phone through my laptop using the built in mobile ap...but that is where i get the errors i mentioned(limited connectivity or no internet access)...so i wondered if it was my network...thats when i installed wireless tether...my laptop connected to that and had a working connection

i cant get the mobile ap to work
    Some might need to turn off WiFi completely before using MobileAP. MobileAP switches your WiFi hardware to a completely different driver when functioning as an Access Point. I can't say I've ever had issues though, but I do switch WiFi off before activation... Glad you're enjoying though, otherwise!

Dorian,

A little update on the beta, I have run into a couple problems..

First and foremost I get about 1 full day worth of use out of it before this ROM hard locks, becomes unresponsive and it is at random places, once was when I exited Camera the other time was I was inside Applications scrolling. About 24 hours later hard locks and I need to remove battery to reboot it..

Secondly I get a problem when I get a call from time to time, I get a call when it is in sleep mode (In my pocket screen powered off for a while) call comes in, I go to slide from left to right to answer and screen is unresponsive.. If I hit the power button to turn the screen off then back on it works otherwise the touch screen doesn't work.

Another issue is it was charging, got to full vibrated and then powered off

Also you dont have the letters on the Phone Keyboard.. Kinda hard to dial a number 800-dumb-company once in a call.. Dialing initally is fine but IN a call it is not there.
    That sounds like kernel issues. Download and install -THIS- from recovery. That is the updated Onyx kernel from Existz at XDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    That sounds like kernel issues. Download and install -THIS- from recovery. That is the updated Onyx kernel from Existz at XDA.
    Thanks.. I installed it.. Will let you know how it works out..

FYI for anyone.. If you do this.. Hold power button while running and it will bring up the shut down menu.. Select Recovery and then install from SD Card.. Or you can VOL + / VOL - and Power Button to get to it..

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links