The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by tonyzz Hello I am running XWJS8 and happy with it but the last few night I charge my phone and wake up ...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: The Beta Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzz View Post
    Hello I am running XWJS8 and happy with it but the last few night I charge my phone and wake up to a kernel panic screen no alarm going off or anything, is there a way to fix it, I have not really modified anything more other than apps but had them a while and just started getting this error.

I did flash to stock before installing this ROM, all else seems fine

Thanks for you help
    This almost sounds like an app issue.. What apps are you running on your phone? I use the alarms all the time and charge at night as well.. Never had or seen this problem.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Describe a kernel panic screen... The kernel that I bundled with JS8 is supposed to automatically reboot upon kernel panic, and spit out a debug log. You shouldn't ever see a kernel panic.

Definitely sounds like an app issue to me.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

The screen kind of looked like a debugish screen in the upper left corner of the screen red and green and said kernel panic if it happens again ill take a photo of the screen and attach it or course it didn't do it today and the alarm is the one included when flashedI was on continuum V4 for a while and for me it kept lagging bad came back to your rom's never a lag issue the old saying the grass is green in the other side of the fence is not always true thanks for all the time and effort you put into the rom's

I got another Kernel panic this morning, it said upload mode was the problem?
    not too sure what app is uploading and to where I do not have anything set to automatically update or upload, it onlt said upload mode, is there a place for logs that it may have logged this panic?

Thanks

Now the fun of trying to figure out what app is being an issue.

Almost sounds like you are holding down the volume key while plugging in your USB, which will force your phone into download mode. But I am just spitballing here.. Otherwise you have an application that is uploading and epically failing..

Hello

I am running XWJS8, and see on XDA a way to flash only the GB bootloaders via a one click bootloader, can I flash them while running XWJS8, or do I need to return to stock first, I use heimdall so I need to figure out how to use just the boot loaders or borrow a friends XP machine.

Just curious as I was reading that other rom Froyo and GB you can just flash the boot loaders with out returning to stock.

Thanks
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzz View Post
    Hello

I am running XWJS8, and see on XDA a way to flash only the GB bootloaders via a one click bootloader, can I flash them while running XWJS8, or do I need to return to stock first, I use heimdall so I need to figure out how to use just the boot loaders or borrow a friends XP machine.

Just curious as I was reading that other rom Froyo and GB you can just flash the boot loaders with out returning to stock.

Thanks
    Tony
    You can go to froyo to gingerbread and back, but the problem with going from gingerbread back to froyo is you have to be careful from what that dev has with the ROM. Designgears at XDA use to pack his ROM with SPL.bin and so when people went from gingerbread back to froyo without changing the bootloaders, the SPL.bin (one of the two bootloaders required) replaced the gingerbread version giving one froyo bootloader and one gingerbread bootloader which will BRICK your phone beyond repair. (keep in mind that is what going from I9000 gingerbread back to Captivate froyo, I am not sure if there was that big of an issue with I9000 froyo)

With that said, I always recommend for Captivate owners to go back to stock and start over, your flashing anyways and what is a couple extra minutes to save your phone. In your case though I am not sure if there is a heimdall version for Mac going back to stock so its really up to the risks you want to take without using your friends XP machine.

Thanks I saw on xda they were flashing the new captivate ginger bread bootloaders and thought of using them I want to stay away from I9000 boot loaders if at all possible I'm happy with Dorian's rom so I'm not in a rush to change roms yet. Just thought if I could flash cappy boot loaders I'd be set and ready when I do changeThanks for your help

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links