The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; SwiftJudgement on XDA edited the services.jar and removed clock, alarm, and USB debug from the notifications. Works great and makes the notification bar look really ...

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

SwiftJudgement on XDA edited the services.jar and removed clock, alarm, and USB debug from the notifications. Works great and makes the notification bar look really clean. Let me know if anyone else wants it.

The only other thing I would like to see added in addition to hosts is a swype keyboard. I tried loading one but it kept FCing on me.

I might have found another bug. I use Beautiful Widgets home and weather widget. When I select "Geolocation" for the weather forecast, I get a Geolocation Problem: Android Geolocation system is temporarily down; A bad GPS fix has been provided by your phone. I've used BW with JS3, JK3, and now JS5 - no problems using the other two ROMs.

BTW, I'm indoors right now, so it's using WiFi to detect the location. Is there any way I can test this for you?

I run beautiful widget too and have no problems with getting my GPS lock or error messages. Try going to settings>application>all> and look for the app. Force close and clear data. Also, beautiful widget has an update this morning in the market.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    I run beautiful widget too and have no problems with getting my GPS lock or error messages. Try going to settings>application>all> and look for the app. Force close and clear data. Also, beautiful widget has an update this morning in the market.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I force closed, cleared data, updated, rebooted, and it appears to be fixed.

Dorian, is there any "fixes" applied to this ROM? In an hour of having wifi on I got a 6% drain on my battery. I know of the dxjpa wifi fix but I don't know if its applied let alone if its effective.

Couple more questions from me:

Is there a reason you included the Voltage Control app with this ROM? I tried opening it and it says the kernel is incompatible.

Also, is there any value in using Galaxy Tuner. It's got a lot of advanced settings, but I've been too timid to mess with any of them. I just want the smoothest, fastest ROM with the best battery life. LOL, is that too much to ask?

EDIT: I went from 97% to 36% in 21 hours with normal use (winamp, pandora, web browser, etc. and wifi)

Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post

Is there a reason you included the Voltage Control app with this ROM? I tried opening it and it says the kernel is incompatible.

Also, is there any value in using Galaxy Tuner. It's got a lot of advanced settings, but I've been too timid to mess with any of them. I just want the smoothest, fastest ROM with the best battery life. LOL, is that too much to ask?
    I used Titanium Backup to remove Voltage, the kernel installed does not support it.

I installed Galaxy Turner yesterday after reading about a fix with the Car Dock and USB audio out and can tell you that I found it was only effective to control the audio but did not do a very good job. With the kernel installed paired up with Voodoo Headphones app is music to my ears :D

Yeah, I use Voodoo sound as well so maybe there's no need for the Galaxy tuner.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    You might want to change the dialer keypad. Probably remove the video call and text message button and replace them with a voicemail button. And the favorites button is misspelled (favourites) british-style. Also, the call record feature causes force close on com.android.phone

One other thing I noticed isn't really a bug, but my personal preference. So I really like the Rotary Unlock, but I don't like the Sound Off toggle. Whenever I use the lockscreen to toggle sound off, it also shuts off the vibrate. I guess I like the look of this unlock screen, but prefer the functionality of the android stock lockscreen (which goes to silent w/vibrate).
    Yea, I plan on replacing the dialer with one without video calling. And I'll fix that spelling... gotta love the brits..

Can you add the hosts file to your next update. i already changed mine out.

Also, could you add an option to remove the clock (maybe alarm too) from notifications. I know not everyone likes it removed, but i think it makes the bar look a lot better
    The hosts file will be swapped out when it's out of beta, as well as the "removed" or "restored" status bar clock.

SwiftJudgement on XDA edited the services.jar and removed clock, alarm, and USB debug from the notifications. Works great and makes the notification bar look really clean. Let me know if anyone else wants it.

The only other thing I would like to see added in addition to hosts is a swype keyboard. I tried loading one but it kept FCing on me.
    A Swype keyboard will be added... you have to install the APK and the lib so it will function correctly.

Dorian, is there any "fixes" applied to this ROM? In an hour of having wifi on I got a 6% drain on my battery. I know of the dxjpa wifi fix but I don't know if its applied let alone if its effective.
    Actually no. I've tried the JPA fix and I didn't see any appreciable changes between the two firmwares. Try to alter the WiFi sleep pattern... go to settings>Wireless>WiFi Settings>Menu>Advanced>WiFi Sleep Policy. By default it's set to "Never".

EDIT: I went from 97% to 36% in 21 hours with normal use (winamp, pandora, web browser, etc. and wifi)
    Yea, I was planning on including an OC/UV kernel with this release, so that's why Voltage Control is there. Galaxy Tuner is an awesome app for sound control... The Galaxy S series, such as the Captivate, have a Wolfson Audio WM8994 audio codec that has parametric EQ support. That lets you change the sound settings through hardware, so you won't have any clipping in bass notes or cutting off of high pitch sounds. I don't use it for anything else though...

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    A Swype keyboard will be added... you have to install the APK and the lib so it will function correctly.
    Was unaware of the lib file (or folder, still learning the structure) thanks Dorian.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links