The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Sweet, I'll try out those settings. Do you use both galaxy tuner and voodoo sound at the same time?...

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

Sweet, I'll try out those settings. Do you use both galaxy tuner and voodoo sound at the same time?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Yep... I set Voodoo Sound to 0dB on the headphone amp, and those settings in Galaxy Tuner. Gives in great bass and clear high-range with awesome volume. Though, you might want to toy with the EQ a bit to see what sounds good to you. Those settings are for my Triports... all headphones sound different though.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Hey Dorian, I think for the most part this ROM is pretty smooth. I would get occasional FC but clearing data in settings>applications usually took care of the issue. The only problems I seem to have that are not show stoppers or appearing often is once I got android.process.acore FC when settings up Facebook sync in accounts and sync. Happened once and I was able to sync anyways so not bothersome. The only other thing that has happened is trying to use MTM keyboard in landscape mode, I tried to edit a bookmark and every time I used the copy and paste to highlight text I wanted to delete, every time I pressed where I wanted the cursor to start and moved left to highlight I got a FC process com dictionary. Did clear data in dolphin and happened again. I could recreate it no matter what. I got rid of dolphin and use stock browser and gingerbread keyboard and I don't have the problem anymore.

Coming to 10 hours since charge with 1.25 hours of the screen on using GPS, wifi, browsing, tapa and xda, live wallpaper... 72%. Running K13B also

Just wondering, can I use rom manager to flash this with out using odin, I am using my laptop and don't have odin installed.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Hey Dorian, I think for the most part this ROM is pretty smooth. I would get occasional FC but clearing data in settings>applications usually took care of the issue. The only problems I seem to have that are not show stoppers or appearing often is once I got android.process.acore FC when settings up Facebook sync in accounts and sync. Happened once and I was able to sync anyways so not bothersome. The only other thing that has happened is trying to use MTM keyboard in landscape mode, I tried to edit a bookmark and every time I used the copy and paste to highlight text I wanted to delete, every time I pressed where I wanted the cursor to start and moved left to highlight I got a FC process com dictionary. Did clear data in dolphin and happened again. I could recreate it no matter what. I got rid of dolphin and use stock browser and gingerbread keyboard and I don't have the problem anymore.

Coming to 10 hours since charge with 1.25 hours of the screen on using GPS, wifi, browsing, tapa and xda, live wallpaper... 72%. Running K13B also
    The issue there is Dolphin. All Dolphin is, is a set of extensions over the stock browser. It's also issue laden.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    Just wondering, can I use rom manager to flash this with out using odin, I am using my laptop and don't have odin installed.
    Eh, not really. I guess it might work, but I wouldn't ever recommend it. You need to use ODIN to clear the ROM contents out of the phone, because this ROM is a complete different base than stock. Also, ODIN is a portable app, so you don't have to install it, just download and run it.

I am already flashed with your citrus rom, does that make a difference?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    I am already flashed with your citrus rom, does that make a difference?
    Yep. If it were an update on JK3, you could just flash over the top of the previous version. But since this is 2.2.1, and JK3 is 2.2, just flashing this over JK3 will more than likely give you lots of issues. Different bases can't be mixed without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Yep. If it were an update on JK3, you could just flash over the top of the previous version. But since this is 2.2.1, and JK3 is 2.2, just flashing this over JK3 will more than likely give you lots of issues. Different bases can't be mixed without problems.
    Yeah I am seeing that now, The one thing I noticed is none of the live wallpapers work, dunno if it because I flashed over or if it is still in DEV with the beta build. I am gunna reset back to stock and start over again.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Yeah I am seeing that now, The one thing I noticed is none of the live wallpapers work, dunno if it because I flashed over or if it is still in DEV with the beta build. I am gunna reset back to stock and start over again.
    Indeed. The OEM Samsung LWP's work (Aurora, Blue Sea, Beach). But the LG ones, and the Nexus S ones don't at the moment. Still some kinks to iron out.

hey just flashed this beta rom and loving it so far. its preety smooth for me so far. i had 2 issues. 1 when i went to the browser and typed a sight it looked like a white box was just stuck on the screen, and all i could see was the outside border of my website. any website. i rebooted and didnt seem to have that issue any more. Second i know im probably a pain with this but my marketplace will not let me charge to bill. At first i though it was because it was an app that charged in pounds and it had to be converted but then i just tried getting fancy widget pro which is american dollars and the option isnt there. im just trying to be able to use my AT&T app allowance haha

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links