The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Loving the rom so far Dorian, no issues for me yet! Can you upload the apk for the stock Samsung memo pad in can't find ...

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

Loving the rom so far Dorian, no issues for me yet! Can you upload the apk for the stock Samsung memo pad in can't find another notepad that uses the vnt format and I have some saved in need the info from

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I have noticed with both of your roms I use that when I am plugged into the wall charging that I have the option to mount my phone to the wall and it tells me debugging is on, (I leave it on though all the time), I don't remember that on the stock build or if it even an issue but I figgered I would through it out.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz28 View Post
    hey just flashed this beta rom and loving it so far. its preety smooth for me so far. i had 2 issues. 1 when i went to the browser and typed a sight it looked like a white box was just stuck on the screen, and all i could see was the outside border of my website. any website. i rebooted and didnt seem to have that issue any more. Second i know im probably a pain with this but my marketplace will not let me charge to bill. At first i though it was because it was an app that charged in pounds and it had to be converted but then i just tried getting fancy widget pro which is american dollars and the option isnt there. im just trying to be able to use my AT&T app allowance haha
    Interesting! I'll look at that marketplace issue. I explicitly use "EN US" in the build info so as to specify "English United States"... I'm not sure why it's showing other currencies.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronf View Post
    Loving the rom so far Dorian, no issues for me yet! Can you upload the apk for the stock Samsung memo pad in can't find another notepad that uses the vnt format and I have some saved in need the info from
    Sure I'll post it up here in a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    I have noticed with both of your roms I use that when I am plugged into the wall charging that I have the option to mount my phone to the wall and it tells me debugging is on, (I leave it on though all the time), I don't remember that on the stock build or if it even an issue but I figgered I would through it out.
    Yea, anytime it detects a USB connection of any kind, debug pops up. That's actually the way it's supposed to be, but some carrier builds don't do that.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Update: had this installed for a week with very minor issues. I've had a freezeup of the video player that I can't replicate, Groupon app kept FC'ing so I uninstalled it, and I wish the dialer keypad a voicemail button. Other than those things, it's just as stable as JS3 v2. Once this beta gets more of the stock gingerbread theming, it'll be my favorite so far.

EDIT: One more gripe. Since I upgraded to the captivate from an iphone 3g, I use my phone to play music several times a day. I use Winamp because of my issues with the stock music player. The main problem I have is when you touch artists, then pick an artist with multiple albums, you don't see a list of the albums. Instead there is a long list of songs sorted by album.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
    Update: had this installed for a week with very minor issues. I've had a freezeup of the video player that I can't replicate, Groupon app kept FC'ing so I uninstalled it, and I wish the dialer keypad a voicemail button. Other than those things, it's just as stable as JS3 v2. Once this beta gets more of the stock gingerbread theming, it'll be my favorite so far.

EDIT: One more gripe. Since I upgraded to the captivate from an iphone 3g, I use my phone to play music several times a day. I use Winamp because of my issues with the stock music player. The main problem I have is when you touch artists, then pick an artist with multiple albums, you don't see a list of the albums. Instead there is a long list of songs sorted by album.
    Indeed... JS5 is pretty nicely done. It's the most stable one I've worked with so far. Also, on any of the dialer keypads, long-pressing "1" will dial voicemail.

Ok guys... XWJS5 RC posted!

Link *here*, and in the OP.

just flashed the RC, its running great and looks good! Another great job Dorian! by chance did you ever find the memopad apk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronf View Post
    just flashed the RC, its running great and looks good! Another great job Dorian! by chance did you ever find the memopad apk?
    Actually yes I did... And I meant to post it the other day, sorry about that.

CWM Flashable Package for Samsung Memo App

Trying the js5 release candidate. Granted I'm coming from Phoenix 5.2 js5, then to the godawful Froyo stock. Not knocking any Team Phoenix devs, but this feels faster than Phoenix (suckerpunch may have something to do with that) and infinitely better than the stock jibberish. On the stock there were two apps that caught my eye ("Car Home" and "Desk Home"). They may be worth looking at to drop into one of your builds. Granted I had them open for about 30 seconds each before I hit the AT&T froyo with Odin & master cleared my internal SD card (just to make sure it was gone).

The only bugs I've seen so far are minor default settings: time set to 24 hour, date set to dd/mm/yyyy, ringtone/notifications set to silent. Feels like a solid build altogether.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    Trying the js5 release candidate. Granted I'm coming from Phoenix 5.2 js5, then to the godawful Froyo stock. Not knocking any Team Phoenix devs, but this feels faster than Phoenix (suckerpunch may have something to do with that) and infinitely better than the stock jibberish. On the stock there were two apps that caught my eye ("Car Home" and "Desk Home"). They may be worth looking at to drop into one of your builds. Granted I had them open for about 30 seconds each before I hit the AT&T froyo with Odin & master cleared my internal SD card (just to make sure it was gone).

The only bugs I've seen so far are minor default settings: time set to 24 hour, date set to dd/mm/yyyy, ringtone/notifications set to silent. Feels like a solid build altogether.
    Yea, SuckerPunch has a good bit to do with that... This is his 1000Hz kernel so it gives you the smoothest possible UI response. I have to say though, I'm not a fan of the "SuckerPunch" logo on boot, but it's something I can most assuredly live with. The Car Home and Desk Home are really meant for car/home docks. The Car Home app I can include, but I'd rather not with the Desk Home app... it's an OLED/burn-in thing I'd rather avoid. Oh and the odd defaults are because this is a "WWE" (world wide English) release for the UK for the GT-i9000.

But thanks for the comments!

just installed tonight love it so far but is there any way to get rid of the "fix puzzle to unlock" bar at the bottom of the unlock screen? i know i did it with your gingerbread lookalike rom but that was a wile ago and now i dont rember. I know it is just a small thing but to me it is a big annoince

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links