The Beta Thread

This is a discussion on The Beta Thread within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by vern Hey Dorian, JS5 is another great ROM. I've been trying your ROMs since UGJK3 2.2 Gingerbread Edition V1 and each one ...

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beta Thread

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    Hey Dorian, JS5 is another great ROM. I've been trying your ROMs since UGJK3 2.2 Gingerbread Edition V1 and each one is better than the last. I like the Gingerbread Theme of that series. Can the theme zip file you posted for the UGJK6 edition be used on this new JS5 edition? Also I've seen a couple other ROMs that have a circle theme battery indicator instead of the little green battery shape. It's much easier to read and it has a percentage displayed in the circle and it eliminates the need for a separate app on the home page, could you add that or direct me as to how I can change it myself?
    Just for future reference, none of the JK3 theme packages will work on JS5... the frameworks and things are completely different and flashing one would cause permanent bootloops until reflashed back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed W View Post
    Great ROM...so far only only bug that I can find. My barcode scanning programs, ShopSavvy, DocScanner, and SpringPad won't work; I get a "force close the app" each time I try to use them.
    Ok, another bug and it is probably(?) related. The video camera crashes, but not the still camera.
    It seems that this was a bug on a different ROM? Do I need to install the Hotfix from another thread?
    Sorry about that, camera firmware has been a big issue with the 2.2.1 ROM's. I'll have it fixed in the release, which should be tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpjjs View Post
    Hi Dorian,

I think this ROM is the best so far very fast and battery seems really good as well. Some one else posted a great improvement waould be Swype and also a way to increase the font size or maybe I just haven't found the proper location for the setting to change it.

Thanks for all your improvements!
    Swype will be added. If you'd like to increase font sizes, look on my website and flash the "OEM Font" from the downloads section. It will bold most of the fonts and make them a little easier to read. For some reason 2.2.1 renders fonts in "Light" instead of "Regular" so all the fonts that I add are a tad thin.

Sorry about the hiatus guys... I've literally been all over the place these past few days for work, but I'm back home now and everything should be back to normal.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

so in the relese tomorrow will the hints on the unlock screen be gone?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by randysnp View Post
    so in the relese tomorrow will the hints on the unlock screen be gone?
    Gone or the language will be fixed.

Is gone preferable?

i would love it if they were gone

Hi Dorian. I have installed the V1 and it runs great so far. 2 questions. Is there going to be any difference with the official release tomorrow and I see that you did not include auto lagfix on this version. Would you recomend lagfix or will it make this rom unstable? Thank you.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Hi Dorian. I have installed the V1 and it runs great so far. 2 questions. Is there going to be any difference with the official release tomorrow and I see that you did not include auto lagfix on this version. Would you recomend lagfix or will it make this rom unstable? Thank you.
    The camera firmware will be different, maybe some different elements of theme like a wallpaper, and maybe a new kernel... But the lagfix is up to you on this one. Froyo is pretty smooth even with no lagfix, but over time it WILL get slower without the lagfix. I'd say go ahead and enable it from the beginning... just to get it out of the way.

will the update be a full wipe?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by randysnp View Post
    will the update be a full wipe?
    For those that are already on JS5, there'll be a NON-wipe version.

Okay, so far I have not run in to any bug. Camera works fine wallpapers including live ones works fine. After the lagfix something incredible happened. My neocore score went up to 64.7. I have test it several times to confirmed. None of the firmwares I have tried before change the gpu speed. this is really special.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by cuneyyy View Post
    Okay, so far I have not run in to any bug. Camera works fine wallpapers including live ones works fine. After the lagfix something incredible happened. My neocore score went up to 64.7. I have test it several times to confirmed. None of the firmwares I have tried before change the gpu speed. this is really special.
    The GPU clocks aren't touched... just the kernel Hz are upped, so the kernel is able to shift to higher frequencies a LOT quicker than before. The bug with the camera isn't immediately noticeable. You have to take 1-2 pictures and try to view them with the preview icon in the camera... I can reproduce a complete freeze 8/10 tries.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links