Please help me to root

This is a discussion on Please help me to root within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I have been trying for the last few days to root my samsung captivate (flash from 2.1 to 2.2) with no luck. I followed all ...

Thread: Please help me to root

Angry Please help me to root

I have been trying for the last few days to root my samsung captivate (flash from 2.1 to 2.2) with no luck. I followed all the instructions to a tee I downloaded the root.zip file, rename it to update.zip, install it on my internal card, yet still cannot install the file. I get a display message stating "E signature verification failed installation aborted." HELP SOMEBODY...ANYBODY.....EVERYBODY.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried the method where you use ODIN3, then SGS one-click root? Below are Dorian's instructions from his website, which has download links (http://jwhite.macleod-web.net/blog/):

Here's step-by-step how to install:
    I recommend that your phone be charged to at least 75% before starting.
    Back up your apps and personal information.
    Download the stock JF6 Eclair build ODIN3 One-Click restore.
    Now you must have ODIN open before plugging in the phone.
    Get your phone into download mode, plug it in, and ODIN should show a yellow box with what COM port your phone is connected to. (See above^)
    Now click start to flash JF6.
    Go to Settings-->Applications-->Development and check "USB Debugging".
    Download SGS One Click Root *PC* or *MAC*, and run it.
    When your Captivate reboots, use the down volume key to select "Reinstall Packages" and the power button to select it. Now it will install Superuser and reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchune22 View Post
    I have been trying for the last few days to root my samsung captivate (flash from 2.1 to 2.2) with no luck. I followed all the instructions to a tee I downloaded the root.zip file, rename it to update.zip, install it on my internal card, yet still cannot install the file. I get a display message stating "E signature verification failed installation aborted." HELP SOMEBODY...ANYBODY.....EVERYBODY.
    You running Android recovery 3e if you installed the leak copy of froyo. 3e can not use the same files as 2e (2.1) and what is used on custom ROMS. mletchworth has you going back to 2.1 and thats why you need that step to install custom roms. When I was testing out the leaked 2.2 I used SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse (search for it on XDA I don't have a link, but I can try to upload the copy I have) and while in USB Debugging select Shell Root first, reboot and then the Root button. It worked for me but I figured out the reason that was never used, the JI6 modem drained my battery 20% in less than half hour without any use and the JJ4 modem has horrible speeds imo.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links