Rom Flashing simplified

This is a discussion on Rom Flashing simplified within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; I've seen a lot of people having trouble flashing Roms on here so I figure I would try to help. This program really dumbs down ...

Thread: Rom Flashing simplified

Rom Flashing simplified

I've seen a lot of people having trouble flashing Roms on here so I figure I would try to help. This program really dumbs down the flashing process and makes it entirely too simple. Read all directions, watch the video, make backups of everything, RTFM. Not responsible if you make a $500 paperweight.

This is
    direct copy/paste from XDA forums. All credit to Bay_Wolf.

For the current version of AIO Captivate Toolbox, please visit Bay_Wolf's site HERE

Bay_wolf's AIO Captivate Toolbox 2.5
    If this program has helped you, please consider donating.

Description: To help automate flashing custom ROMs onto the Samsung Captivate.

Reddit Link to get the word out.

MODS: Please do not move this to another section as this is for Android development and is installed on the users computer not the phone. Thanks!

Disclaimer: I'm distributing this program as-is and no guarantee that it will not hurt your phone. So, use at your own risk and don't blame me for bricking your phone. I am to not be held liable for any outcome of the use of this program.

Things to do/know before using this program:

When you select the PIT and PDA files, it should default to the installed location and if not then browse to where you installed AIO Captivat Toolbox as the files are in there.

Have .net4 installed. Download Here.

Enable USB debugging mode- Go to settings> Applications> Development> And then check the box next to USB debugging.

Have the ROM of your desire downloaded to your hard drive (In the program, Select ROM means the custom ROM you downloaded.).

Know a little bit about flashing and ROMs.

And that's about it. Most of the instructions are given to you by the program and are not needed to be written out here. If you find any part confusing, please comment in this thread and I'll try to implement it in the next release and I'll tell you what it means as a temporary solution.

If you ever accidentally press the download mode button when you didn't mean to, just unplug your device and do a battery pull.

To perform a master clear using ODIN, after flashing the stock firmware back onto the device, leave the phone plugged into the computer and keep ODIN open. Just click Master Clear in ODIN. !This will wipe everything off of the built-in storage and the internal SD Card (besides the stock ROM and stock apps)!

Download: Version 2.5
    Download: Version 2.5 ~ Torrent
    Download: Version 2.5 ~ Team Komin Mirror
    Download: Version 2.6 Rogers Edition
    Download: Version 2.6 Rogers Edition ~ Mirror
    Download: Version 2.6 Rogers Edition ~ Torrent

Donations are appreciated if you found this program helpful:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

And this link: [VIDEO] Samsung Captivate Video How-To Thread - xda-developers is the absolute best possible thread for help with hacking a captivate. Almost everything is a youtube video to make it easy to follow.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Nice! I'll make this a sticky.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Haha, I thought it was deleted at first. Didn't see it with the normal threads. I'm learning a lot from XDA and here. Hopefully I can be a bit more helpful from here out.

Just wanted to say that for this thread it would be best to link to my official web page which keeps the programs up to date. Official Website LINK

And yes I am the author of this program. Please donate or click some ads to help out. Also version 3.0 should be out within the hour.

Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay_wolf View Post
    Just wanted to say that for this thread it would be best to link to my official web page which keeps the programs up to date. Official Website LINK

And yes I am the author of this program. Please donate or click some ads to help out. Also version 3.0 should be out within the hour.

Thanks!
    Nice! We'll most certainly do that.

BTW... Thanks for the great app!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bay_wolf View Post

Thanks!
    Done. Love this program. Definitely excited about v3

Version 3.0 is now live on the official website.

Name:  855431530.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  5.9 KB

All credit for this useful image goes to MikeyMike01 and ChanceM (or whoever originally drew it up)
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links