Swype expired/not working

This is a discussion on Swype expired/not working within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; So I installed Dorian's ROM and I love it. Swype however expired.. After looking into it.. Everyone says uninstall it (Which didn't give full information ...

Thread: Swype expired/not working

Swype expired/not working

So I installed Dorian's ROM and I love it. Swype however expired.. After looking into it.. Everyone says uninstall it (Which didn't give full information on this) and then download the new version..

Trying to go though applying for a beta for Swype was problematic for some reason Recapcha was not working on their site and so on.. so I have a work around for people that do not want to go through all that..

• Go to Market and install File Expert (This is a file explored if you are rooted)

• Go to Settings/Locale and Text/Select Input Method and Select MTM Blackout Orange as Gingerbread seems to just force close

Now that you are not using Swype you can uninstall it.. But before we do we need to back it up

Code:
    use adp shell
    cd /system/app
    cp Swype.apk /sdcard
    cd /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so /sdcard
    Now that you have backed up swype we need to uninstall it

• Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/Swype

If uninstall is not useable then choose clear data if that doesn't make uninstall available reboot your phone and go back to Manage applications and try again.. It should be able to uninstall

• Once you have it uninstalled use File Expert to go to /system/app and make sure Swype.apk is deleted then go to /system/lib and delete libSwypeCore.so

• Now reboot your phone

• Now go to your sd card and install the Swype.apk

Once you do this you will not be able to use Swype just yet.. It will just force close..

• Now you need to use File Expert again to go to the SD card and copy libSwypeCore.so and paste it back into /system/lib.

Doing this resets the dates on all your Swype installs and gives more time with it..

• Now reboot your phone 1 last time go back into Go to Settings/Locale and Text/Select Input Method and Select Swype.

This should make everything work.. It did for me.. I made sure to write down the order in which I did everything.. If this doesn't work for you please let me know..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    So I installed Dorian's ROM and I love it. Swype however expired.. After looking into it.. Everyone says uninstall it (Which didn't give full information on this) and then download the new version..

Trying to go though applying for a beta for Swype was problematic for some reason Recapcha was not working on their site and so on.. so I have a work around for people that do not want to go through all that..

• Go to Market and install File Expert (This is a file explored if you are rooted)

• Go to Settings/Locale and Text/Select Input Method and Select MTM Blackout Orange as Gingerbread seems to just force close
    Now that you are not using Swype you can uninstall it.. But before we do we need to back it up

Code:
    use adp shell
    cd /system/app
    cp Swype.apk /sdcard
    cd /system/lib/libSwypeCore.so /sdcard
    Now that you have backed up swype we need to uninstall it

• Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/Swype
    If uninstall is not useable then choose clear data if that doesn't make uninstall available reboot your phone and go back to Manage applications and try again.. It should be able to uninstall

• Once you have it uninstalled use File Expert to go to /system/app and make sure Swype.apk is deleted then go to /system/lib and delete libSwypeCore.so

• Now reboot your phone

• Now go to your sd card and install the Swype.apk

Once you do this you will not be able to use Swype just yet.. It will just force close..

• Now you need to use File Expert again to go to the SD card and copy libSwypeCore.so and paste it back into /system/lib.

Doing this resets the dates on all your Swype installs and gives more time with it..

• Now reboot your phone 1 last time go back into Go to Settings/Locale and Text/Select Input Method and Select Swype.

This should make everything work.. It did for me.. I made sure to write down the order in which I did everything.. If this doesn't work for you please let me know..
    I have Captivate. Rom Serendipity. I didn't manage the shell well and swype.apk has disappeared. I was not able to disinstall from Settings/Applications/Manage applications/All/Swype so I did it from File Exoert. I tried to erase libSwypeCore.so but I was not able to. I had a copy of swype.apk in Titanium. It tells me to reinstall, but in reality it doesn't.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links