- CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

This is a discussion on - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Grabbed it from CM7 post: KNOWN BUGS Polling problem on RIL (works after lock and unlock) 2G/3G toggle (works if no data connection is active) ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

Grabbed it from CM7 post:

KNOWN BUGS

• Polling problem on RIL (works after lock and unlock)
    • 2G/3G toggle (works if no data connection is active)
    • Compass (works not at 100%)
    • commands: reboot recovery, reboot download (maybe not possible to implement)
    • FM-Radio
    • TV-Out
    of course the last two don't count :D

Is the compass still a problem? I thought they used the JVB to fix that.

Also, how did you brick your phone with JVB Dorian? I have gone back and forth a few times when I had my old phone (build 1007) but had to exchange it (now on 1012) last week because of a bad pixel. I have been fortunate so far but it leaves me worried since you and few other Devs on XDA reported they bricked during the last few weeks but are not saying how.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Nice! You mind if I use your direction writeup in the op? Yours seems a bit more step-by-step.

Btw... often the market will do that on the absolute first run. Its because the market is auto-updating itself and the app has to restart to finish the installation.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Nope go for it.. That is why I posted it in hopes to help other people who had the issues I had the first time around.

I am really enjoying this ROM it is fast as hell and some nice features.. The themeing has an issue though.. You can it and it removes the bar (wifi/gps/silence and so on bar) until next reboot.. And a couple other small things.. No big deal though.. Battery life seems very nice.. And it runs alot cooler then your ROMs Dorian .. I was running around 98-108 on yours with this so far 97..

I think the modem on this however sucks.. What modem you use on yours?? I might want to switch to that.. I never get above 3G with this modem..

Also if you run Tricorder it FC's every time.. But that so far is the only thing that wont work..

Also since I updated to this I can not see this phone in Droid Explorer.. Am I missing a driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Also since I updated to this I can not see this phone in Droid Explorer.. Am I missing a driver?
    I've seen it mention that you need the nexus s drivers installed but I thought that was not an issue anymore. Try to see if that helps.

I am starting to get small issues here and there. Still nothing that warrants me moving away from this build.. But they are slowly stacking up..

Phone wouldn't Hang up.. Just sat there press the end call and nothing.. wasn't locked up.. Was able to move to other programs and such.. And use the dialer.. Just wouldnt end the damn call..

LauncherPro gets force close about once a day.. Never had that before..

Going to keep rolling with this.. But may have to wait until it matures a little bit more before I make this a daily driver.. I am still deciding that.. But I will say right now.. The work put into this is over the top awesome... and if I had the ability to have a test phone and a stable phone I would so help debugging this with them.. However I will say XDA's forums suck.. I can not post there until I post 10 messages in non-developers forums.. Makes 0 sense to me..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    For those looking for a daily driver, I'm looking at a JVB release possibly today. The bootloader flashing is much more clear-cut than it was previously. :cool:

It's very interesting that some are having such odd problems... not just here but it's happening at XDA also. See, mine isn't exhibiting any of those issues. The only one I've seen so far is that Launcher2 isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be. It definitely warrants some closer looking.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

For those looking for a daily driver, I'm looking at a JVB release possibly today. The bootloader flashing is much more clear-cut than it was previously. :cool:

It's very interesting that some are having such odd problems... not just here but it's happening at XDA also. See, mine isn't exhibiting any of those issues. The only one I've seen so far is that Launcher2 isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be. It definitely warrants some closer looking.
    Problems installing cm7 or jvb? I was also wondering that once you get past the bootloaders of doom - if flashing back and forth between roms is like it was with the 2.2 based roms? :confused: I'm really itching to try Mosaic, gr11 and of course the one you're cooking up... but on the same hand, I went through hell to get cm7 working right.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    Problems installing cm7 or jvb? I was also wondering that once you get past the bootloaders of doom - if flashing back and forth between roms is like it was with the 2.2 based roms? :confused: I'm really itching to try Mosaic, gr11 and of course the one you're cooking up... but on the same hand, I went through hell to get cm7 working right.
    That's the bad thing.

It's definitely not easy to swap between Gingerbread ROM's!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

That's the bad thing.

Damn. Got to the point with 2.2 I could flash different roms while sitting at red lights. (actually got cm7 working while stuck in traffic). It'll probably get simplified in a few months. Hopefully.

They just put this up:
    Changelog:
    - back to open source sensor drivers (fixes autobrightness, compass still works)
    - 2-stage init, fixes reboot recovery problem (reboot download not supported)
    - removed bootloader entry in reboot menu
    - gpio sleep/awake changes to possibily help battery life
    - better wifi suspend behavior during sleep
    Download

That's the bad thing.

Is that how you hard brick? I have had no problems switching between Continuum, GR and Perception. Last night I went from GR back to stock JVB and then installed Doc Kitchen with xcal kernel.

So far I've been going between ROMS with no problem and had gone back to the 2.2 bootloader on my old phone and then back to 2.3.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links