- CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

This is a discussion on - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian That's the bad thing. It's definitely not easy to swap between Gingerbread ROM's! Some of them though you can flash over ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    That's the bad thing.

It's definitely not easy to swap between Gingerbread ROM's!
    Some of them though you can flash over by just doing a full wipe of system/data/cache. I was flopping in between Continuum and GR, You can even install some of the I9000 ROMS too, make sure they are JVB. You just need to flash the kernel for our phones, i used xcals. I was trying out Debus, Sweet Honey, Criskello. You can check them out here...
    Galaxy S I9000 Android Development - xda-developers

But you need the GB Bootloaders before before trying anything from the I9000 Thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by peteseiler2010 View Post
    Some of them though you can flash over by just doing a full wipe of system/data/cache. I was flopping in between Continuum and GR, You can even install some of the I9000 ROMS too, make sure they are JVB. You just need to flash the kernel for our phones, i used xcals. I was trying out Debus, Sweet Honey, Criskello. You can check them out here...

But you need the GB Bootloaders before before trying anything from the I9000 Thread as well.
    Exactly, thats why I want to know how Dorian bricked. I have tried all but mosaic from XDA captivate and Doc Kitchen from I9000. Doc has been the most stable for me with xcal kernel and home button fix (no haptic). Continuum went stable today, but I think I am going to wait another week cause I am happy with Doc...

I'm rocking the stock 2.3.3 from HaiKaido currently...my Cappy is up for sale, so I am little leary about flashing ROMs, LOL....I don't want to brick it if it is up for sale.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT

Because I'm flipping between CM7 and JVB... CM7 works best with Froyo's partition mapping, while JVB has it's own partition mapping...Plus bootloader sbl's.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Exactly, thats why I want to know how Dorian bricked. I have tried all but mosaic from XDA captivate and Doc Kitchen from I9000. Doc has been the most stable for me with xcal kernel and home button fix (no haptic). Continuum went stable today, but I think I am going to wait another week cause I am happy with Doc...
    I bricked by going through one of the overly complicated flashing schemes when ODIN just up and quit during a flash. Obscenities were shouted...LOL.

I'm rocking the stock 2.3.3 from HaiKaido currently...my Cappy is up for sale, so I am little leary about flashing ROMs, LOL....I don't want to brick it if it is up for sale.
    If you're running HaiKaido's 2.3.3, that's stock i9000 JVB, and you've already flashed through the risky part. You can go to any other JVB ROM's very easily, you just can't go back to anything froyo without flashing bootloaders.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    So, I've done some experimenting... I've been flashing different ROM's for the past 4 hours..LOL.

What I've found is that CM7 will fail to install every time, resulting in recovery bootloops with the SIM and external SD plugged in. Take them out and it hasn't failed on me once.

So, I've done some experimenting... I've been flashing different ROM's for the past 4 hours..LOL.

What I've found is that CM7 will fail to install every time, resulting in recovery bootloops with the SIM and external SD plugged in. Take them out and it hasn't failed on me once.
    Thats what I was doing different from the first week it was out. Damn. That simple.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

I thought that was suppose to be done everytime no matter what is getting flashed (prior to JVB)? Anytime ODIN is used. The only time I haven't done that is going ROM to ROM on JVB.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    I thought that was suppose to be done everytime no matter what is getting flashed (prior to JVB)? Anytime ODIN is used. The only time I haven't done that is going ROM to ROM on JVB.
    LOL. It's not really a requirement most of the time, but here it seems it is.

Has the battery life with CM7 improved?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Has the battery life with CM7 improved?
    I'm getting 18 good hours on a charge on CM7. (22 if I'm thrifty.)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links