- CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

This is a discussion on - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian For those looking for a daily driver, I'm looking at a JVB release possibly today. The bootloader flashing is much more ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    For those looking for a daily driver, I'm looking at a JVB release possibly today. The bootloader flashing is much more clear-cut than it was previously. :cool:

Dorian, are you still planning to release a nice stable daily driver build? Getting a little bored of JS8 - I think I've had it for nearly four weeks! LOL

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
    Dorian, are you still planning to release a nice stable daily driver build? Getting a little bored of JS8 - I think I've had it for nearly four weeks! LOL
    For some reason it looks like my earlier post was deleted? Hmm.. Anyways, the JVB frameworks are fighting me... IDK why. They just won't cooperate. But I'm still working on it. :cool:

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Tried the latest nightly (5-04) getting constant com.android.phone force closes and no signal on anything but wifi.... Looks like I'm going JVB tonight.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Ok. WTF. Getting JVB installed was 10x easier than cm7. Already installed Mosaic.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    Ok. WTF. Getting JVB installed was 10x easier than cm7. Already installed Mosaic.
    Where is the link you used to start using JVB ?

I had the same problems with CM7 - phone FC - missing partition - boot loops - I master cleared and tried from scratch - same crap. So, on a whim, I tried the JVB based Continuum builds

It is smooth as butter at the latest build (5/6/11, version 5.3). The instructions are clear cut and easy to follow and the ROM is out of RC status to stable a couple of daily builds ago. My .02, but CM7 is way too buggy. I'm still patiently waiting to see what Dorian comes up with though, as I know it'll be better than whatever any body else has cooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Where is the link you used to start using JVB ?
    I actually used MikeyMikes directions for gr12. Flashed it then went straight to Mosaic because of the tw4 launcher (which I now realize is on every 2.3.3 rom, whoops). Seems like once you're on the 2.3.3 bootloaders its flashing as usual... as long as nothing changes the bootloaders.

How is continuum btw? Tried Cezar's 2.2 roms and they were just a bit off to me.

I had the same experience with his 2.2 ROM's, which is actually what landed me here with Dorian's builds. - I am actually pretty impressed with the look and feel and stability. It's not quite on the par of what we've come to appreciate coming out from Dorian, but it's very close. I also tried MikeyMikes build (back at 10 though), and Continuum was at that time slightly more stable and had a less laggy UI. All Captivate users are experiencing some type of lag on 2.3.* for a plethora of reasons, some software related and some hardware related - but in the end - I've found that Continuum is running the smoothest of any of the 2.3.3 ROM's that are out there at the moment, on my device. You know how that goes.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Flashing this is now MUCH simpler and works every time I've flashed it. I'm not sure I'm going to continue on with Samsung's mess of a 2.3 build. It may present well, but behind the scenes it's a mess. Trust me. CM7 is squeaky clean, and with the features recently added, there's no reason to continue with Samsung.

The latest nightly added 720p video recording, and fixed the video and audio issues. The only thing that isn't in CM7 is hardware assisted avi playback support... but we have 1GHz CPU's so that's no issue for software. Moboplayer plays all my videos fine... especially the mp4/m4v videos.

I'm about to revise the instructions, and add my customized version of CM7.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I would give this a shot, but it seemed like every time I would try flashing it, my efs backup didn't backup...I always had to manually copy my nv_data.bin file from my laptop over to my efs folder on my phone in order to have a signal... I may try your write-up Dorian, you definately cover everything, maybe I was missing something with the guide from XDA...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links