- CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

This is a discussion on - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Before flashing the initial kernel and package, run the efs backup zip... the new installer is supposed to automatically back up your efs data, but ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: - CM7 - Gingerbread for Captivate 2.3.x

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Before flashing the initial kernel and package, run the efs backup zip... the new installer is supposed to automatically back up your efs data, but it hardly ever works correctly. The efs backup zip seems to work decent enough though.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I can give that a shot, but one night while flashing miui, i totally borked my phone...it was asking for a sim unlock code...that was the last time I tried flashing any of them and just stayed on your ROM.

I'm having problems with the camera and music player force closing... and neither pdanet or wifitether work...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Edit: Re-flashed

• update-cm-7-INITIAL-Captivate-signed.zip

Seems to be working fine now.

I'm am curious for anyone that has flashed this ROM. Netflix released their app for streaming in the Market place and only select phones can download and stream. I tried using Continuum from XDA but a) the market couldnt find it and b) the apk I did find and install, netflix gives me a message that my phone is not supported.

So my question is, since CM7 has the Nexus S footprint, can anyone stream since its a supported device?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    I'm am curious for anyone that has flashed this ROM. Netflix released their app for streaming in the Market place and only select phones can download and stream. I tried using Continuum from XDA but a) the market couldnt find it and b) the apk I did find and install, netflix gives me a message that my phone is not supported.

So my question is, since CM7 has the Nexus S footprint, can anyone stream since its a supported device?
    Well, I can change this ROM's fingerprint to be a Nexus S, and see if it will work. With CM7, I can't get Netflix to work. Nothing I do to my build.prop on CM7 works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Well, I can change this ROM's fingerprint to be a Nexus S, and see if it will work. With CM7, I can't get Netflix to work. Nothing I do to my build.prop on CM7 works.
    With more searching last night, I found that the app I trying with is version 1.1. I found on XDA 1.2 which is what is downloaded from the Market. Works perfect without anyone need to edit build.prop (I tested it with I897 and GT-I9000). Here is a link for anyone interested [APP] Netflix - xda-developers

Looks like there's a new NIGHTLY up. Amazing how I landed with CM7 (and have stuck with it for a while now) after having so many initial problems. I guess reverting to complete wiped / stock and starting all over was the trick that solved all of my little buggy problems, as I haven't had a single FC on any app or any other issues since I flashed CM7 from stock / wipe / formatted SD card. It's fast with OC/UV, stable and a lot less clunky than the JV* builds. No offense to any of the DEV's of those ROM's...

[ROM] [05/15/2011] CyanogenMod 7 for Captivate (Gingerbread 2.3.4) - xda-developers

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Looks like there's a new NIGHTLY up. Amazing how I landed with CM7 (and have stuck with it for a while now) after having so many initial problems. I guess reverting to complete wiped / stock and starting all over was the trick that solved all of my little buggy problems, as I haven't had a single FC on any app or any other issues since I flashed CM7 from stock / wipe / formatted SD card. It's fast with OC/UV, stable and a lot less clunky than the JV* builds. No offense to any of the DEV's of those ROM's...

[ROM] [05/15/2011] CyanogenMod 7 for Captivate (Gingerbread 2.3.4) - xda-developers
    Yep, the new initial package is an all-in-one. So now it's only one step! Love it! It's also installable through ROM Manager from Froyo!

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post

Same here. Been back on this since Wednesday. Only bug I've had so far is after flashing 3 or 4 of the newer modems, got a message after reboot saying "SD Card damaged" (or something to that effect). Quick format and no more errors. I did have the sense to already have a backup of everything so nothing was lost.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    Same here. Been back on this since Wednesday. Only bug I've had so far is after flashing 3 or 4 of the newer modems, got a message after reboot saying "SD Card damaged" (or something to that effect). Quick format and no more errors. I did have the sense to already have a backup of everything so nothing was lost.
    Yeah - I usually have been able (until CM7) to flash modems with impunity - but CM7 seems just a tad more touchy when it comes to the modems for some reason than any of Dorian's froyo builds. I'm in an area with HSPA+ (finally), so my throughput (and of course signal) has been best on JK4, but particularly since I flashed over the new nightly yesterday. My signal strength has really leveled out when I'm in the nether regions, where I would normally be sitting about 95dbm, I seem to be getting up to 67 to 71dbm now. May just be atmospheric, and I'm also 6 miles from a Navy base with a nuclear powered aircraft carrier, so I'll keep an eye on this when the fleet is back out to sea and the sun is actually out for a change in this forsaken La Nina infected place.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links