- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; 10 hrs 45 min at 87% :O. This is the first full charge since installing. I changed jk4 with KC1 and enabled 850. have you ...

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

10 hrs 45 min at 87% :O. This is the first full charge since installing.

I changed jk4 with KC1 and enabled 850. have you tried this modem out? Its the only one that works everywhere for me including getting 850 when I need it.

Other than changing the modem and using the xcal kernel, its running great, no FC or any problems. I will report back about the GPS later when I go out, but since installing Gingerbread, my GPS has been flawless so I never bother to test it .

21 hrs now 68%,
    well, i admit a very light usage of the phone in 21 hrs - a few calls and some browsing, a few pictures, wi-fi and sync were off during the night time, well, as I use it normally...

but still - this is unbelievable

Interesting. You may want to try re-downloading the package. I'll see what's up with the upload, and possibly upload a new package here in a while. If you still can't get it to work, post back, and I'll re-upload a zip with no data folder.

Hi Dorian...Redownloaded the .zip, deleted the netflix app and tried to flash and then deleted the whole data folder and I am still getting a (bad) Installation aborted. error message in CWM both ways

I got the same errors. I'll try deleting the data folder as well and see what happens.

** EDIT ** - I deleted the DATA folder with the same result. I am running Dorian's JVH 2.0 ROM with the Talon Kernel, converted to EXT4 file system. Let me know if I need to try this as a return to stock and rebuild. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    I got the same errors. I'll try deleting the data folder as well and see what happens.

** EDIT ** - I deleted the DATA folder with the same result. I am running Dorian's JVH 2.0 ROM with the Talon Kernel, converted to EXT4 file system. Let me know if I need to try this as a return to stock and rebuild. Thanks.
    Try removing ext4 and then flashing Darky kernel Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! and do a factory reset (since this is a wipe version) then flash the zip (without the data folder). It seemed like when I would try to go to Darky kernel with Ext4 enabled or move away from Darky to an other kernel with Ext4 I would have issues.

You could try factory reset before flashing without the data folder and see if thats the case, a bit of extra steps but it should work in the end.

Roger that. I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks.

Okay - I followed all of these steps - extracting the DATA folder from the ZIP. Removed EXT4 by returning to RFS, flashed Darky's kernel, factory reset. Still says "BAD" install. Can't get it to load the ROM. Went through two boot loops and now have the JVH 2.0 ROM start up screen finally. The boot loop lasted 15 minutes, returning to start over twice, switching back and forth between I897 and I9000 twice on the boot screen. Will have to stick with the JVH 2.0 stable build until these issues are resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Try removing ext4 and then flashing Darky kernel Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! and do a factory reset (since this is a wipe version) then flash the zip (without the data folder). It seemed like when I would try to go to Darky kernel with Ext4 enabled or move away from Darky to an other kernel with Ext4 I would have issues.

You could try factory reset before flashing without the data folder and see if thats the case, a bit of extra steps but it should work in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Okay - I followed all of these steps - extracting the DATA folder from the ZIP.
    I'm curious, did you extract and rezip yourself or just delete the folder in the zip? I deleted the folder while inside the zip using my pc and then flashed it.

Name:  snap20110615_001120.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  8.7 KBName:  snap20110615_001139.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  6.3 KBName:  snap20110615_001223.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  6.2 KB

Some of the best battery life I've had, still running off the first charge since install

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Alright, the zip is fixed and reuploaded. Let me know if you guys still have problems... I'm not sure what's going on if you do. The integrity test on the zip is 100%, on the one I downloaded, and the one I uploaded.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links