- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian Alright, the zip is fixed and reuploaded. Let me know if you guys still have problems... I'm not sure what's going ...

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Alright, the zip is fixed and reuploaded. Let me know if you guys still have problems... I'm not sure what's going on if you do. The integrity test on the zip is 100%, on the one I downloaded, and the one I uploaded.
    Any changes besides checking integrity?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Any changes besides checking integrity?
    Data folder delete. That seemed to be the fix that you guys found, so I made it on my end and just re-uploaded it. Though I saw no problems with the original. LOL.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Data folder delete. That seemed to be the fix that you guys found, so I made it on my end and just re-uploaded it. Though I saw no problems with the original. LOL.
    ah i see... i thought you might have put in the no ffc and the contact without videocall that you mentioned before

guess that will be in the next upload

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    guess that will be in the next upload
    Yep. Planned tomorrow evening. An update for this and JVH 2.0.

Name:  ScreenShot.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  6.6 KB

JVP Beta1 = awesome battery life

If it helps anyone that is having trouble flashing, this is what I did. I was on JHV 2.0, but went all the way back to stock with Odin one-click, then to JS8, then I followed the directions at the top of this thread, replacing JVB Beta1.1 instep 13 with JVP. Took more time, but the fresh start is worth it for this build. I haven't had one single issue yet and battery life is unreal. And the included modem is much better in my area, although, i haven't tried the gps yet.

EDIT: Just tried GPS using GPS Status & Toolbox from the market. It consistently shows my coordinates as being some 20 miles ESE of my actual location. Google Maps and Nav are spot on however, so it must be an issue with GPS Status.

Quote Originally Posted by indiadelta View Post
    If it helps anyone that is having trouble flashing, this is what I did. I was on JHV 2.0, but went all the way back to stock with Odin one-click, then to JS8, then I followed the directions at the top of this thread, replacing JVB Beta1.1 instep 13 with JVP. Took more time, but the fresh start is worth it for this build.
    Good call, I guess it worked for me because I odin one-click and went to KB1 the to JVP stock and then Ficeto's JVP Base ROMDarkyROM, never had JVH installed.

I went with Ficeto first because I could not get Dorian beta installed until indiadelta pointed out the data folder problem. So I did a factory reset flashed since I was already using Darky Ext4. Once I got it running is when I went back to RFS and installed xcal 2.0.

What surprises me out of all this, it is incredibly silky smooth on RFS.

I was on CM7 and just followed the guide w/o doing one-click - of course first it told me it was bad, i deleted Data folder - it installed, and oh boy - 42 hours from full charge to 10% - very cool

EDIT: 44 hours

Quote Originally Posted by indiadelta View Post
    If it helps anyone that is having trouble flashing, this is what I did. I was on JHV 2.0, but went all the way back to stock with Odin one-click, then to JS8, then I followed the directions at the top of this thread, replacing JVB Beta1.1 instep 13 with JVP. Took more time, but the fresh start is worth it for this build. I haven't had one single issue yet and battery life is unreal. And the included modem is much better in my area, although, i haven't tried the gps yet.

EDIT: Just tried GPS using GPS Status & Toolbox from the market. It consistently shows my coordinates as being some 20 miles ESE of my actual location. Google Maps and Nav are spot on however, so it must be an issue with GPS Status.

Yep. Planned tomorrow evening. An update for this and JVH 2.0.
    Dorian,
    Are you going to post the JVH 2.0 Update in this thread or in the JVH 2.0 Stable one ?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    Are you going to post the JVH 2.0 Update in this thread or in the JVH 2.0 Stable one ?
    Updates will be in their respective threads... So 2.0 will be it in it's thread, and the beta update will be here. I'm trying to keep everything organized because just with this thread we're working on 16 pages...

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links