- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Sorry guys, been out of state for several days now. We've been busy trialing LTE. :cool: I see a LOT has happened in those few ...

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Sorry guys, been out of state for several days now. We've been busy trialing LTE. :cool:

I see a LOT has happened in those few days! I had planned on updating JVH and JVP, but upon actually making the changes that I usually make to Froyo apps, the Gingerbread equivalent won't recompile correctly... so it's going to be a bit till I can figure out just what is not compiling correctly so I can take out the video call and front facing cam buttons.

About KF1, I might use it, but IDK. As soon as a 2.3.4 build is released I'll use it... just enabling all the missing features.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

No worries, it's always worth the wait.

btw there are no complaints about JVP B1 so far. A great improvement over CM7. no freezes or self-reboots.
    I am running skype all day and there is (little or) no difference in the battery consumption compared to when skype was not running - that really puzzles me. In all other roms skype was draining battery like crazy.
    I'm not really bothered by the ffc or video call button...

The anticipation is killing me. I don't think I've ever checked a thread as often as I've been checking this one! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    The anticipation is killing me. I don't think I've ever checked a thread as often as I've been checking this one! LOL
    same here...only thing is for some reason my internet (data network) stopped working...i've reflashed to stock and back to this rom 3 times now...works on stock but not on the rom...

I think I saw that you tried adjusting the APN settings, is that correct? I know on a couple of the ROM's I've seen, the developer recommended verifying APN settings, and then entering AIRPLANE mode for about a minute and then coming out of AIRPLANE mode and seeing if that resolved the connectivity issue. It worked on the ROM I was on at the time. Might be off the wall, but who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    same here...only thing is for some reason my internet (data network) stopped working...i've reflashed to stock and back to this rom 3 times now...works on stock but not on the rom...

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    I think I saw that you tried adjusting the APN settings, is that correct? I know on a couple of the ROM's I've seen, the developer recommended verifying APN settings, and then entering AIRPLANE mode for about a minute and then coming out of AIRPLANE mode and seeing if that resolved the connectivity issue. It worked on the ROM I was on at the time. Might be off the wall, but who knows!
    Indeed. IDK what's different about this package, but APN settings don't seem to carry over 75% of the time. With no APN settings, no data will work (3G or EDGE), except WiFi.

Update is being uploaded...

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Indeed. IDK what's different about this package, but APN settings don't seem to carry over 75% of the time. With no APN settings, no data will work (3G or EDGE), except WiFi.
    BUT....would my calls still work without proper apn?

I got the data working again...using kf1 kernel, modem, and rom! LOL....

i tried different roms and had calls but no data....Ive had it where my phone would ring, but voices wouldn't transfer (unmatched kernel/modem)...so im not sure what the problem was....I was SOOO close to purposely bricking my phone...and i mean throwing it at the wall....but now i have data...i spent like 5 hours yesterday getting it working again....but I'm still going to try flashing your updated jvp once it's uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    BUT....would my calls still work without proper apn?

I got the data working again...using kf1 kernel, modem, and rom! LOL....

i tried different roms and had calls but no data....Ive had it where my phone would ring, but voices wouldn't transfer (unmatched kernel/modem)...so im not sure what the problem was....I was SOOO close to purposely bricking my phone...and i mean throwing it at the wall....but now i have data...i spent like 5 hours yesterday getting it working again....but I'm still going to try flashing your updated jvp once it's uploaded
    Yah i had the same problem but all i had to do was goto the apn menu and hit menu > restore defaults and reboot does it by itself hahah

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac18 View Post
    Yah i had the same problem but all i had to do was goto the apn menu and hit menu > restore defaults and reboot does it by itself hahah

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
    I tried that..didnt work for me :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Update is being uploaded...
    Your a tease lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links