- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hey everyone, I'm so jazzed about Dorian's JVB, and plan to flash it real soon, but have a favor. I'm not as seasoned a flash ...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

Hey everyone,
    I'm so jazzed about Dorian's JVB, and plan to flash it real soon, but have a favor. I'm not as seasoned a flash addict as most of you, and wonder if one of you would mind "fleshing out" MikeyMike01's instructions. Like, step 3 says "Select the PDA, PHONE, CSC, and PIT files in their correct spots" - what does that mean? And step 4 "Connect phone in download mode" - how is this done at that point? And so on.
    Many, many thanks in advance for your help!
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac18 View Post
    so what should we do about rooting on this rom?
    Nevermind as i went online and downloaded Gingerbreak Which successfully rooted the room, So Thanks Dorian this rom is ULTRA-Smooth! and works great!!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    Yes. Seems like odin will flash you back to stock from anything you throw at your phone.
    Indeed... it will.

Quick Question as this is a different version of gingerbread since it is the samsung stock build does this mean that the 720p HD Video recording will be an option? Also, does this mean everything will be functioning the way it would on your other froyo roms? (well minus occasional bugs that happen)
    Yep... Like nakedninja42 said, all Samsung features are there. I can't guarantee that the camera won't have a FC every once in a while, but 720p recording works.

so what should we do about rooting on this rom?
    You just have to download Superuser from the market. I forgot to include that one.

Quote Originally Posted by MOON77 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I'm so jazzed about Dorian's JVB, and plan to flash it real soon, but have a favor. I'm not as seasoned a flash addict as most of you, and wonder if one of you would mind "fleshing out" MikeyMike01's instructions. Like, step 3 says "Select the PDA, PHONE, CSC, and PIT files in their correct spots" - what does that mean? And step 4 "Connect phone in download mode" - how is this done at that point? And so on.
    Many, many thanks in advance for your help!
    Randy
    In the folder, the files are labeled with the slot you're supossed to put them in... You just put the right file in the right spot and press start. At step 4, download mode is done by pressing and holding Volume Down while plugging in USB.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Ok, so I tried to just flash this over Continuum - yeah - boot loop - no go.
    Flashed back to stock - master cleared - followed the instructions to the letter (I have my Titanium Backup files backed up to my hard drive) and waboom - this build is noticeably faster and more stable than any of the the other 2.3.3 ROM's I've used. As I suspected - Dorian is WINNING again!

I just finished installing and am enjoying it.. Got a FC on the phone once and the app tricorder FC all the time but everything else works nicely..

I did get a boot lop on initial install and pulled battery and rebooted and it came right up.

Dorian can you add in those keyboards in your next release.. I need the spell checking keyboards.. I type to damn fast with fat fingers

I love the text messaging.. Looks nice and clean..

Seems to be missing the option to disable screen blanking when plugged in.. Usually in the Development section..

Also I notice superuser wasnt install be default.. But it was rooted.. So that is good..

Do you plan on doing

• Themes
    • Selectable lock screens
    • The email security removal option?
    • Default AD Removal in your releases
    • Removal of the Front Facing Video options
    • Ability to Record Calls like your 2.2 Beta?? I LOVE THAT!

So far I am very happy with this.. We will see how stable it is.. Other then the 1 FC on the phone when I wasnt even using it.. All seems good.. Awesome work..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I just finished installing and am enjoying it.. Got a FC on the phone once and the app tricorder FC all the time but everything else works nicely..

I did get a boot lop on initial install and pulled battery and rebooted and it came right up.

Dorian can you add in those keyboards in your next release.. I need the spell checking keyboards.. I type to damn fast with fat fingers

I love the text messaging.. Looks nice and clean..

Seems to be missing the option to disable screen blanking when plugged in.. Usually in the Development section..

Also I notice superuser wasnt install be default.. But it was rooted.. So that is good..

Do you plan on doing

• Themes
    • Selectable lock screens
    • The email security removal option?
    • Default AD Removal in your releases
    • Removal of the Front Facing Video options
    • Ability to Record Calls like your 2.2 Beta?? I LOVE THAT!

So far I am very happy with this.. We will see how stable it is.. Other then the 1 FC on the phone when I wasnt even using it.. All seems good.. Awesome work..
    Yep, I plan on doing pretty much all of that. Kernel development needs to come along a bit for call recording though, as Samsung's current source release didn't include much to go on, that we need to implement that feature.

Sidenote though... has anyone noticed that I put a crapload of ringtones on there? LOL. Those are all the personal ones I usually use, I just included them in the ROM itself this time.

Hey everyone,
    I'm so jazzed about Dorian's JVB, and plan to flash it real soon, but have a favor. I'm not as seasoned a flash addict as most of you, and wonder if one of you would mind "fleshing out" MikeyMike01's instructions. Like, step 3 says "Select the PDA, PHONE, CSC, and PIT files in their correct spots" - what does that mean?
    Inside the Installation.7z zip file you will find files called s1_odin_20100512.pit, PHONE_XXJVK.tar.md5, PDA_DWJVB_Sbl.tar.md5, CSC_NEE_JV3.tar.md5.... plus xcal's reorient kernel and Odin3.

That make more sense?

And step 4 "Connect phone in download mode" - how is this done at that point? And so on.
    I cheat and use a jig. But if you don't have a jig...

Power off your phone completely. Remove and reinsert the battery if need be. Now for download mode = Hold down the VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons at the same time (press the volume first) until you see the android with a shovel.

The idea is to have Odin3 already open on your computer, go to download mode via the above method, then connect the usb cable.
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Ok so another problem, I do not know if it is the kernel or what but the Facebook part of it seems a little hinkey.. Allow me to explain..

Cardio Trainer allows for sharing of your data.. I have that application authorized to post to my wall.

I click share and it says CardioTrainer needs to authorize and bring up the authorization page for Facebook.. And it says you have already authorized Cardio Trainer click okay to continue.. Now when you click it, it should then save that your authorized and then post.. However it seems it is not saving the fact..

I have removed Cardio Trainer from my authorized list to make it actually authorize it and still same thing.. I go in.. I authorize it then I click share again and it says You need to authorize.. Almost like it is not saving the data..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Ok so another problem, I do not know if it is the kernel or what but the Facebook part of it seems a little hinkey.. Allow me to explain..

Cardio Trainer allows for sharing of your data.. I have that application authorized to post to my wall.

I click share and it says CardioTrainer needs to authorize and bring up the authorization page for Facebook.. And it says you have already authorized Cardio Trainer click okay to continue.. Now when you click it, it should then save that your authorized and then post.. However it seems it is not saving the fact..

I have removed Cardio Trainer from my authorized list to make it actually authorize it and still same thing.. I go in.. I authorize it then I click share again and it says You need to authorize.. Almost like it is not saving the data..
    That is actually a Google acknowledged issue, -here-, and -here- is a posted "workaround" from the app developers.

I don't use that app, but try that and see if it works for you..

Dorian,
    In the last step it says ...
    15. Flash ROM with CWM

What does CWM stand for ? - Sorry for the noob question

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links