- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by vic007 Dorian, In the laststep it says ... 15. Flash ROM with CWM What does CWM stand for ? - Sorry for ...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Dorian,
    In the laststep it says ...
    15. Flash ROM with CWM

What does CWM stand for ? - Sorry for the noob question
    CWM = ClockworkMod. Basically recovery.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    That is actually a Google acknowledged issue, -here-, and -here- is a posted "workaround" from the app developers.

I don't use that app, but try that and see if it works for you..
    Yea the messed up thing is it just "fixed" itself automatically.. It is now posting.. I may just have needed time to sync or something not sure.. Makes me feel whiney posting problems.. But I will say a couple things..

Shy of some small issue this has to be the best upgrade so far.. I can't wait to see the magic you do in the future..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Yea the messed up thing is it just "fixed" itself automatically.. It is now posting.. I may just have needed time to sync or something not sure.. Makes me feel whiney posting problems.. But I will say a couple things..

Shy of some small issue this has to be the best upgrade so far.. I can't wait to see the magic you do in the future..
    Glad you're liking it!

Stick around for about 15 more minutes and I have an update for the UI I'm going to post.

EDIT: Update Uploading Now...

EDIT2: Update posted... -Download Here-

Mainly what that update changes is the UI frameworks. The overscroll glow is changed to orange like stock gingerbread, and the weird looking button press issues are fixed.

I'm almost to the 24 hour mark trying to do everything I can to make this thing FC or skip a beat, and I haven't had a single hiccup yet.

The only thing I've found as a "problem" is that I can't get Google Car Home to show up in the APPS list or tag a shortcut to the home page. It shows as installed - which I did via the .apk installer, but no go on actually being able to use it. I'm still looking for a work around for that. Otherwise - I'll flash the UI update in a moment here and keep trying to poke at this thing and see what happens.

I noticed that this is not an OC/UV capable kernel, also. It's fast enough where I don't think this is a deal breaker - but I've always been hesitant to go flashing a kernel after I have a stable build running. Any pointers or tips on that would be appreciated. Thanks!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    I'm almost to the 24 hour mark trying to do everything I can to make this thing FC or skip a beat, and I haven't had a single hiccup yet.

The only thing I've found as a "problem" is that I can't get Google Car Home to show up in the APPS list or tag a shortcut to the home page. It shows as installed - which I did via the .apk installer, but no go on actually being able to use it. I'm still looking for a work around for that. Otherwise - I'll flash the UI update in a moment here and keep trying to poke at this thing and see what happens.

I noticed that this is not an OC/UV capable kernel, also. It's fast enough where I don't think this is a deal breaker - but I've always been hesitant to go flashing a kernel after I have a stable build running. Any pointers or tips on that would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Car Home can't be installed via APK installer... It's a signed system app that has to be dropped in /system/app. I can make you a zip installer for that though.

About kernels... the talon kernel on XDA is a good one. It has EXT4 support with OC/UV support. Only thing is, that it also installs ClockworkMod 3.0, which is completely incompatible with all CMW 2 packages. CWM2 = amend code. CWM3 = edify code. None of the updates I use are CWM3, but if you guys here want to use that kernel, it's nothing extra to also make a CWM3 version of my updates. Just depends on if you guys want to use that kernel.

You're quick on the draw this morning! I flashed the Talon kernel this morning and then realized that the update you put out was CWM2 - oops. Most of the problems stemming from the first builds of the CWM3 revisions seems to have been worked out. It's basically the OC/UV support that makes or breaks the kernel issue for me. How about the rest of the you? I'd prefer the CWM3 option for updates being available. Thanks for the speedy response - and all of your continued work and support on making GB viable for the Captivate masses Dorian.

Car Home can't be installed via APK installer... It's a signed system app that has to be dropped in /system/app. I can make you a zip installer for that though.

About kernels... the talon kernel on XDA is a good one. It has EXT4 support with OC/UV support. Only thing is, that it also installs ClockworkMod 3.0, which is completely incompatible with all CMW 2 packages. CWM2 = amend code. CWM3 = edify code. None of the updates I use are CWM3, but if you guys here want to use that kernel, it's nothing extra to also make a CWM3 version of my updates. Just depends on if you guys want to use that kernel.

I flashed the beta over Mosaic last night (flashed over it just like 2.2 roms too). Here's my two cents and hopefully this will help a bit.
    Bugs
    App Drawer is very laggy via default Launcher.

"Launcher" is wonky with a few widgets. Example: Beautiful Widgets. Both screenshots below have no settings changed on the widget's display options. One is via ADW EX (left) and the other is the Default Launcher. (adw is how it's supposed to look)

------
    Other
    No Force Closes on anything all day.
    The Power Control Widget does work... eventually.
    Need Superuser (and TiBU ) baked into the next version.

Think most of my problems are just in the launcher itself.

Edit: Sorry for the complete overkill on screenshot size
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    You're quick on the draw this morning! I flashed the Talon kernel this morning and then realized that the update you put out was CWM2 - oops. Most of the problems stemming from the first builds of the CWM3 revisions seems to have been worked out. It's basically the OC/UV support that makes or breaks the kernel issue for me. How about the rest of the you? I'd prefer the CWM3 option for updates being available. Thanks for the speedy response - and all of your continued work and support on making GB viable for the Captivate masses Dorian.
    LOL.. Quick, but it took me all day to reply to this one. :rolleyes:

Anyways, here is Update 1 in CWM3 format with Google Car Home included in the installer. Make sure to uninstall your Car Home app before you install this zip.

- Download Here -

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie5000 View Post
    I flashed the beta over Mosaic last night (flashed over it just like 2.2 roms too). Here's my two cents and hopefully this will help a bit.
    Bugs
    App Drawer is very laggy via default Launcher.

"Launcher" is wonky with a few widgets. Example: Beautiful Widgets. Both screenshots below have no settings changed on the widget's display options. One is via ADW EX (left) and the other is the Default Launcher. (adw is how it's supposed to look)

------
    Other
    No Force Closes on anything all day.
    The Power Control Widget does work... eventually.
    Need Superuser (and TiBU ) baked into the next version.

Think most of my problems are just in the launcher itself.

Edit: Sorry for the complete overkill on screenshot size
    Actually, ADW is the wrong one. The default launcher keeps the widget transparency settings that Beautiful Widgets sets as default, which is 90%. It's in the Super Clock appearance settings.

About the laggy app drawer, something must not have flashed right when writing over Mosaic. Default, the app drawer should be silky smooth. ?

Did you perform a wipe in clockworkmod before flashing over Mosaic?

EDIT: Also, I was wondering what kind of battery life you're seeing... or anyone else is seeing...

Actually, ADW is the wrong one. The default launcher keeps the widget transparency settings that Beautiful Widgets sets as default, which is 90%. It's in the Super Clock appearance settings.

About the laggy app drawer, something must not have flashed right when writing over Mosaic. Default, the app drawer should be silky smooth. ?

Did you perform a wipe in clockworkmod before flashing over Mosaic?

EDIT: Also, I was wondering what kind of battery life you're seeing... or anyone else is seeing...
    For battery life I've been getting about ten hours with off and on use but in low service/concrete areas but its been holding great battery life in regular areas though it could be a little better it gets through the day

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links