- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian Ok... Update here... - ClockworkMod 3 Update Package - - ClockworkMod 2 Update Package - I had to take the GB ...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Ok... Update here...

- ClockworkMod 3 Update Package -
    - ClockworkMod 2 Update Package -

I had to take the GB Keyboard back out, for now. It's not cooperating.
    What did this add? I applied 2 then 3 and i then rebooted. I don't see a difference. The camera is still broken.. nothing is worse just not noticing a difference.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    What did this add? I applied 2 then 3 and i then rebooted. I don't see a difference. The camera is still broken.. nothing is worse just not noticing a difference.
    You don't use both... One is for users of CWM 3.0 as they aren't backwards compatible with CWM 2.0 users. People who flash Talon Kernel from XDA are on CWM 3.0. Otherwise, you're on CWM 2.0.

If you flashed the correct one and nothing changed, I'm not sure. I tested it several times before posting. Definitely fixed my camera issues. O_O

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Downloading now! Will update in the morning. Thanks!

Well I did 2 then 3.. After reading your post I went back and looked and I am 2 since I did your way.. So I redid 2 and still no change.. Do I need to redo the whole thing again? or should redoing 2 have fixed that?

Just posting screenshots of it just to show it actually updated..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Re-doing 2 should have changed that. Let me see what's up.

I flashed the update and my camera is working great. I used to to take pictures of my son at his swimming class yesterday. This JVB ROM has been running very smoothly for me, Thanks for the great job!

any plans to use JVH? I want to test out your ROM but every JVB I installed gave me the charge bug. Hated pulling my phone off the dock after charing all night and seeing my phone have 72% juice. JVH seems to have fixed that and few other minor bugs.

Any one experience the charge bug yet? I had it with every JVB ROM on XDA...

Every one of the JV* builds seems to have the problem. I had the Continuum JVH build running for a couple of days and even after a master clear, factory reset and battery stats wipe - it still wasn't right. For example, after I flashed back over to Dorian's build yesterday (same process - back to stock starting from scratch) - my battery ran all the way to 10%, the screen flashed the warning about low battery, then magically went up to 26% and stayed there for about 1.5 hours until I put it on the charger when I turned in last night. Something funky in Smallville, but only a minor annoyance that as you said, seems to be inherent to any of the JV* builds.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    any plans to use JVH? I want to test out your ROM but every JVB I installed gave me the charge bug. Hated pulling my phone off the dock after charing all night and seeing my phone have 72% juice. JVH seems to have fixed that and few other minor bugs.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Every one of the JV* builds seems to have the problem. I had the Continuum JVH build running for a couple of days and even after a master clear, factory reset and battery stats wipe - it still wasn't right. For example, after I flashed back over to Dorian's build yesterday (same process - back to stock starting from scratch) - my battery ran all the way to 10%, the screen flashed the warning about low battery, then magically went up to 26% and stayed there for about 1.5 hours until I put it on the charger when I turned in last night. Something funky in Smallville, but only a minor annoyance that as you said, seems to be inherent to any of the JV* builds.
    The charging bug is just one in a laundry list of bugs that I _really_ don't like out of Samsung's Gingerbread. It's messy, un-optimized, buggy, and just really not ready to be released. I see why Google pulled it, after giving it the once over and using it.

I can't say I've ever seen the charging bug, but like you guys... I know a lot of people have. One of my Captivate's is a 1007 build, and the other is a 1009 build. Both have 3-button, and neither have shut-down abruptly for any reason. I do know, though, that 2.2.1, and 2.3.2/3 have all had the thing where they only charge to 93%. They said it has something to do with maintaining the battery... but I see no reason why they couldn't have made 93% look like 100% to the user, that way you don't have to wonder why your phone is only charging to 93%.

Sorry for the rant... I'm just angry with Samsung on this one. :rolleyes:

Anybody checked out CM7 lately? It's a hassle-free install now.

EDIT: About JVH... maybe, maybe not. I'm not entirely sure on it yet. JVH isn't much of a change. Just mostly a few kernel level changes.

When it comes to Samsung, it's easy to rant. Great hardware - software development and support sucks - hence the development being so critical to many users having an enhanced experience with cooked ROM's!

I did notice that I'm not seeing Car Home. I went back to stock and started over (wiped internal SD as well). I flashed your JVB, then update 1, then update 2. No Car Home. Any ideas?

I'll give CM7 a look again - not so sure after all the problems I had, but... When your an addict, your an addict!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links