- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff When it comes to Samsung, it's easy to rant. Great hardware - software development and support sucks - hence the development ...

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    When it comes to Samsung, it's easy to rant. Great hardware - software development and support sucks - hence the development being so critical to many users having an enhanced experience with cooked ROM's!

I did notice that I'm not seeing Car Home. I went back to stock and started over (wiped internal SD as well). I flashed your JVB, then update 1, then update 2. No Car Home. Any ideas?

I'll give CM7 a look again - not so sure after all the problems I had, but... When your an addict, your an addict!
    Agreed! BTW, I've never used Car Home before, but I just installed Cognition 5.4.1 and noticed there is a Car Home and Desk Home app.

Yeah - some of the JV* builds over on XDA have them integrated in to the installer. I decided after reading Dorian's post this morning about CM7 to give that a try again and see what they've managed to do with it in the last couple weeks since I last used it. I just finished the flash process and am restoring apps now, so I'll give this a whirl for a day or two, unless Dorian puts out something shiny in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
    Agreed! BTW, I've never used Car Home before, but I just installed Cognition 5.4.1 and noticed there is a Car Home and Desk Home app.

So I redid the whole thing this time not apply CWM3 just the CWM2's.. And the camera works now.. However now I don't have a YouTube widget Cant uninstall YouTube as it is a system.. But also not integrated enough to allow me to add a YouTube account.

The update completed.. Results...

Music app - FC
    Camera app- FC
    Car home - ?

CWM 2 btw, yea, :/

I can confirm

Music app = FC for me as well
    Camera App = Works fine for me
    No Car app for me.. But I am pretty sure that has to do with some other build..

For the music player however I went to market and it didnt show it installed.. I did an install of music and it still forced closed.. went into applications and cleared data.. And still FC..

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Anybody checked out CM7 lately? It's a hassle-free install now.
    Well, I gave CM7 another look yesterday after your post. I've been running it for about 20 hours now. It's definitely an easier install, and for whatever reason, it seems to run smoother than the JV* builds (on my device anyway). I've had zero FC, hardly any lag, but battery life is still an issue. That's with no OC/UV at this time either. It seems every time I OC/UV, no matter which kernel and no matter what the settings, this device responds very negatively. The funny thing is with the JVH build or CM7, the response to open/close commands is about as fast as when I was running 1300mhz OC.

The only weird thing for me is that my data speeds on AT&T have gone to the dogs. I even flashed the same modems I normally cycle through, depending on where I am. I'm going to go in search of the MMI codes to access service mode, as the codes I've been using don't seem to work with CM7. Just looking to verify HSUPA and see what might be causing the slow down. Even at 10pm last night, I was getting 1500 down and 128 up. I haven't seen data speeds that slow in two years, since I was using my old Windows 6.5 HTC phone. Ugh.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Well, I gave CM7 another look yesterday after your post. I've been running it for about 20 hours now. It's definitely an easier install, and for whatever reason, it seems to run smoother than the JV* builds (on my device anyway). I've had zero FC, hardly any lag, but battery life is still an issue. That's with no OC/UV at this time either. It seems every time I OC/UV, no matter which kernel and no matter what the settings, this device responds very negatively. The funny thing is with the JVH build or CM7, the response to open/close commands is about as fast as when I was running 1300mhz OC.

The only weird thing for me is that my data speeds on AT&T have gone to the dogs. I even flashed the same modems I normally cycle through, depending on where I am. I'm going to go in search of the MMI codes to access service mode, as the codes I've been using don't seem to work with CM7. Just looking to verify HSUPA and see what might be causing the slow down. Even at 10pm last night, I was getting 1500 down and 128 up. I haven't seen data speeds that slow in two years, since I was using my old Windows 6.5 HTC phone. Ugh.
    Battery life for the first day can be a bit off... also try going through your Gallery to look for images that don't show a thumbnail image preview. Those images are hanging the media scanning service causing massive battery drain, sometimes...

About data speeds, try flashing the UGJK4 modem, because it comes with TLJL3 and that one doesn't work well for most places. UGJK4 is a speed demon... or at least it is for me.

Just to post it... here's my desktop...

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Battery life for the first day can be a bit off... also try going through your Gallery to look for images that don't show a thumbnail image preview. Those images are hanging the media scanning service causing massive battery drain, sometimes...

About data speeds, try flashing the UGJK4 modem, because it comes with TLJL3 and that one doesn't work well for most places. UGJK4 is a speed demon... or at least it is for me.

Just to post it... here's my desktop...

Hey, Dorian. I run JK4 most of the time, and that's actually what I'm currently running. I figured out how to get in to service mode on CM7 also:
    Service Menu: on keypad/dialer enter *#*#4636#*#*

Edit - None of the traditional service codes seems to be working on my Captivate:
    *#*#197328640#*#* service mode
    *#197238640# service mode

Took me about three hours of scouring through different posts, and low and behold, it wasn't on this forum or XDA. Some lesser Android site. Oh well. I posted it to the CM7 thread over on XDA as well.

I don't have any pics without thumbnails - figured that one out about a month ago. Crazy little bugs - huh?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Yea... they are crazy. One question though, if you look under battery info, what is using most of your battery? Also, when you dial the help panel, when you refresh you msmc, do you have a number come up? Mine has been really bad about not having that number automatically pull from the network like it should.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Voice calls is the biggest battery killer for me at the moment. But then again, I manage my businesses off of the phone as many of my operations are outside of the State where I'm currently located. I'll update this later when I've had a better blend of usage time since my last charge.

Yea... they are crazy. One question though, if you look under battery info, what is using most of your battery? Also, when you dial the help panel, when you refresh you msmc, do you have a number come up? Mine has been really bad about not having that number automatically pull from the network like it should.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links