- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; So a couple issues with this one.. And I have been using this for the past week.. Camera will forceclose when you use panoramic mode ...

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

So a couple issues with this one.. And I have been using this for the past week..

Camera will forceclose when you use panoramic mode take the photo it will FC and will keep FCing after all pictures from that point on until reboot
    Music doesn't work no matter if you install the update or not
    Using LauncherPro the screen sometimes is black if you swipe left or right it redraws the screen making it appear again. Usually happen from unlock mode but randomly happens from anything I do. I am listing this here as I never had this problem before with LauncherPro but it could be a problem with it.
    Had phone plugged in all last night unplugged this morning to 61% battery (First time this has happened)

Other then that no other bugs that I have noticed.. I have been running this non-stop for over a week.. I have a lot of up-time with this package.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    So a couple issues with this one.. And I have been using this for the past week..

Camera will forceclose when you use panoramic mode take the photo it will FC and will keep FCing after all pictures from that point on until reboot
    Music doesn't work no matter if you install the update or not
    Using LauncherPro the screen sometimes is black if you swipe left or right it redraws the screen making it appear again. Usually happen from unlock mode but randomly happens from anything I do. I am listing this here as I never had this problem before with LauncherPro but it could be a problem with it.
    Had phone plugged in all last night unplugged this morning to 61% battery (First time this has happened)

Other then that no other bugs that I have noticed.. I have been running this non-stop for over a week.. I have a lot of up-time with this package.
    For those, I apologize... I'm hoping to finally get that mess sorted out. I'll have an update, possibly to JVH to fix all that.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    For those, I apologize... I'm hoping to finally get that mess sorted out. I'll have an update, possibly to JVH to fix all that.
    Don't you dare apologize for anything.. You are working your ass off to give us cool stuff.. Take your time and do what makes it fun for you.. I got nothing but happiness for this current build.. Does it have problems.. YES! But hell it is still leaps and bounds above others

So allow me to apologize if I ever seem to be pushing you.. As that is not the case..

Dorian, i know you work really hard on these but i have a question, when you are switching out the camera in the next one, do you think maybe you could have it where the lock button takes pictures, or is there a way to self modify it with what you provide i'm just wondering mostly because, the hacked camera, i'm in love with haha (: thanks, but its just a question i'm not bothered at all for it not being possible or being a pain to include, haha you work really hard So thank you veryy Much for that anything works really (:! :D

To add to my previous bug list..

Phone is currently forced into pass-worded via my work exchange server policies. With this said I was on a call today and put it on speaker phone and muted. I left it this way for over 10 minutes. When I went to hang up the call I powered on the screen and was still as the phone dialog.. Phone was still working screen was showing the phone. But I could not do anything. Only way to recover was to pull the battery and reboot.

I tried the same process again.. Speaker phone, call 10 minutes then try again and same effect. May be something running on my phone or is something with this build.

The phone seems to hemorrhage power when on a call now almost as much as watching a movie.. I can get about 4-5 hours of talk time on a charge or 4-5 hours watching a movie.. Seems a little excessive for power usage for the phone itself with screen off.. I could be wrong though.

I have been toying with trying the CM7 to see what that is about but I am in LOVE with the features of this one Dorian.. The email client alone make me not want to switch..

Is there a way I could get this email client on CM7?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Alright guys, thanks for bearing with JVB... if you did anyways..LOL. There are soooo many bugs, but I think this new build eliminates pretty much all the big ones.

Camera fixed
    Music Player fixed
    New modem - UBJP9
    Smoother 3D animations
    Overall size has been trimmed down
    Phone issues should be fixed
    Netflix works from the Market
    More extensive AOSP Gingerbread theming (although Samsung's Gingerbread theme wasn't too bad)
    Reworked notification area theming with some font hacks
    Improved battery life
    And a bunch of other stuff...

Make sure to back your stuff up... this is a whole new base (JVH), and it's a full wipe.

- Download Here -

I am excited as hell.. Will install later today..

Thanks Dorian..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    One other thing I forgot to mention... if you get a notification to update your handset to 2.3.4, ignore it. When I changed the device fingerprint it's now literally identifying itself as a Nexus S. The update would probably fail anyway, but just in case... ignore it.

Waiting for 100% charge now and will be upgrading..

Email is a problem, the exchange part of it FCes when I try to configure it.. This makes me very sad.. Might have to revert back to the older copy..

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links