- The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

This is a discussion on - The Gingerbread Beta Thread - within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Also Netflix doesn't work. Just hangs for a long time and then Force Close or Wait.....

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: - The Gingerbread Beta Thread -

Also Netflix doesn't work. Just hangs for a long time and then Force Close or Wait..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Also Netflix doesn't work. Just hangs for a long time and then Force Close or Wait..
    Hmm. The email I can fix, and I can get you a zip in the morning...

But Netflix should work. You are using the version from the market, correct? I was watching a view to a kill on Netflix right before I jumped over to tapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

No I did your install and it was already on there. (Now I am thinking it was left from my pervious install) I did not do a factory reset before apply your new one at first.. However while trying to fix the email issue which just made me revert back to your older one. I had factory reset, also went into application email clear data and almost everything else.. Then I did a CWM factory reset and then reinstalled your newer one and still no joy..

I will say 100% shy for the email issue (which for me is a killer.. I can deal with any other problem) I was VERY VERY impressed.. It seemed way smoother and had alot less battery drain.. I cant wait for your email fix so I can enjoy your hard work

I also looked for the UBJP9 modem so I could apply that to your previous ROM and could not find it.. If you hang out in IRC or anything let me know so I can be a live pain in your butt ..

As always, thank you Dorian! Just a few things,
    Like Fluffy, I also have the email issue. Would it be possible to get the email client that was included in JVB? I REALLY liked that one.
    Battery life was incredible for me on JVB. On JK3, JS5, JS8 I would use 80-90% battery by the time I got home form work, so about 11 hours off the charger. With JVB, under the same usage conditions, I never used more than 50% in an entire day, about 15-16 hours off charger. I was really impressed with that.
    I ran into a few other little bugs in JVB that appear to be fixed with JVH so far. This is excellent stuff. Every one of your ROMs that I have tried, even in beta, has been better and less buggy than what samsung and at&t have put out. But I do have to beg for that mail client from JVB. That's the best client I've used, for me anyway, and I've tried a lot of them. And just like Fluffy, I have to have Exchange connectivity, it is critical to my job.

This build is very solid, everything runs smooth except the ADW Launcher.. it seems to lag after closing an app and then it has to refresh the app drawer and its very, off. Anyways, to agree with Fluffy, the Netflix app is no longer working and it cannot be downloaded from the market, from the phone its not visible, and from the online market it says device not compatible? i guess the nexus s build.prop modifications didn't help with that one. The phone did however send me an email from google saying welcome to the nexus s with full support info etc. so its odd. Anyways i love the working camera app, its flawless, and the music player works great. Battery drain is absolutely great i got this build right after it was posted and tested it from 100% and its been a lot less of a drain than the rest of the builds. Thanks very much for this one!

Instead of modding the build.prop, there are netflix apks that bypass the device check

[APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

I use the third link cause I was getting crashes before logging in. I saw a lot of people reporting that the bypass device check worked for them on the nook and other devices.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Sorry about the Netflix guys... you know how I always forget something... well I meant to remove that Netflix apk. If you have a root file explorer, you can delete it out of /system/app and download the market version.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    Instead of modding the build.prop, there are netflix apks that bypass the device check

[APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

I use the third link cause I was getting crashes before logging in. I saw a lot of people reporting that the bypass device check worked for them on the nook and other devices.
    Works great thanks!

The Swype keyboard provided doesn't work, but its ok, but just a headsup

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Update for JVH!

- Download Here -

Changelog:
    Removes the Netflix app that came with the ROM (that wasn't supposed to be there)
    Adds JVB's EMail client and EMail widget
    Adds a new Music Player
    Updates the build info to where you can download the market version of Netflix and not have "this device is not supported"

You guys tell me what you think of the new media player... I've been using it for a while, and while it's still in alpha... it's pretty nice! I really like it!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links