- ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

This is a discussion on - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Dorian Nice! I'm glad it's working good for you! I'll try to work in the newer e-mail client when I can. The ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Nice! I'm glad it's working good for you!

I'll try to work in the newer e-mail client when I can. The one from JVB is a tricky one to implement correctly.
    Well if there is anything that you need from me, don't hesitate to ask. I am down for anything and I hope I show I learn quick

I love your ROMs they are simplistic and not flashy and are built for stability.. To me that is far better then a couple crappy mods for color..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Well if there is anything that you need from me, don't hesitate to ask. I am down for anything and I hope I show I learn quick

I love your ROMs they are simplistic and not flashy and are built for stability.. To me that is far better then a couple crappy mods for color..
    Exactly what I'm going for. Simple and functional.

Also, a quick tip... On the Mms app... By default it has a white background. But since it's AOSP, you can go into the settings and change it to black if you prefer. After changing it to black you may have to go to Settings>Applications> then find the Mms app and Force Stop it. When you reload it, it will be black.

EDIT: To get the 3.0.0.1 Email client, go to the Market and download an app called "Nitrality". Remove your Exchange account from Accounts and Sync. When you load Nitrality, look in applications and uncheck anything email that's checked. There should be 4 check boxes you need to change. After doing that, apply the changes. Now scroll to the bottom of the list and select the SGS II Email app and apply the changes. Now go to your app drawer and the newer email client should initialize with no issues. If you have issues, just go back into Nitrality and revert to the AOSP Email client.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Doesn't work. When you remove Email - ASOP and Email - Stock (Which is the only email I see) Other then the SGS II Email and SGS II Email Widget.

So I remove Email and ASOP and then add in SGS II Email and SGS II Widget they are checked and then I clicked apply. It applies and I exit out to go to Application.. In there no Email or Mail client icon.. Go back into Nitraility and the Widget is checked by SGS II Email is not.. No matter how many times I recheck it nothing happens..

Perhaps I am missing an apk from you? I have just what I installed

JVB then JVB patch 1 and JVB patch 2 then JVH 2.0.. Then booted up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Yep. Need to fresh install this on top of stock JVB.
    .... Oh we were supposed to fresh install? .... haaha oops mine works completely fine though email, etc is there any reason i should fresh install if its working?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Doesn't work. When you remove Email - ASOP and Email - Stock (Which is the only email I see) Other then the SGS II Email and SGS II Email Widget.

So I remove Email and ASOP and then add in SGS II Email and SGS II Widget they are checked and then I clicked apply. It applies and I exit out to go to Application.. In there no Email or Mail client icon.. Go back into Nitraility and the Widget is checked by SGS II Email is not.. No matter how many times I recheck it nothing happens..

Perhaps I am missing an apk from you? I have just what I installed

JVB then JVB patch 1 and JVB patch 2 then JVH 2.0.. Then booted up.

I got it to work with Nitrality, but it was a little tricky and took a few tries to get it. When I went into Nitrality, the AOSP and stock emails were checked and the SGS II was also checked. I unchecked all three, rebooted, then checked the SGS II. After that it started working. I have since rebooted again, and everything still appears to be in order.

One thing to note, I flashed JVH 2.0 after going back to bone stock with Odin 1-click, then to Dorian's JS8, but I skipped over Dorian's JVB and went straight to this build. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Dorian, this one is brilliant so far. Thanks for the hard work. If I run into anything out of the ordinary, I'll be sure to post, but i haven't hit anything yet.

So, this uses CWM 2.5x apparently. I was using Continuum with Talon's kernel (CWM 3.0) and I had to start from scratch (Odin one click to JF6, then install GB bootloaders, then flash kernel, then install Dorian's ROM). The whole process didn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes though.

Questions - does this kernel/ROM combo support voodoo sound? Normally the voodoo control app is included. EDIT: Installed voodoo control from market. Solved.

What about overclocking? EDIT: Found out that it doesn't. Not supported by Voltage Control app

Also, I don't have any lag-fix options with CWM 2.5x. Is this ROM already lag-fix enabled or do I need to manually convert to ext4?

ya guys, I used the installerz package in the first thread post...followed all the steps (flashed back to stock i9000 environment...then loaded jvb2 and havent had any problems...

it runs REALLY smooth

Edit: I am noticing that my signal seems to be a little weaker tho...could that be due to the new rom? or probablt just cuz the weather is bad outside?

Quote Originally Posted by indiadelta View Post
    I got it to work with Nitrality, but it was a little tricky and took a few tries to get it. When I went into Nitrality, the AOSP and stock emails were checked and the SGS II was also checked. I unchecked all three, rebooted, then checked the SGS II. After that it started working. I have since rebooted again, and everything still appears to be in order.

One thing to note, I flashed JVH 2.0 after going back to bone stock with Odin 1-click, then to Dorian's JS8, but I skipped over Dorian's JVB and went straight to this build. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Dorian, this one is brilliant so far. Thanks for the hard work. If I run into anything out of the ordinary, I'll be sure to post, but i haven't hit anything yet.
    I tried this.. and still doesnt work. If I untag the Main Email APK I can not keep SGS II Mail checked..

So if I uninstall Main Email APK quit out and come back in and install SGS II Email exit out come back and SGS II Email is not checked.

Now if I install Email APK and then SGS II Email they both stay checked and I dont get SGS (The cool email program).

My question to Dorian is there an APK I can manually install after uninstalling Email APK to get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    ya guys, I used the installerz package in the first thread post...followed all the steps (flashed back to stock i9000 environment...then loaded jvb2 and havent had any problems...

it runs REALLY smooth

Edit: I am noticing that my signal seems to be a little weaker tho...could that be due to the new rom? or probablt just cuz the weather is bad outside?
    Try a different modem. It looks like jp9 is the default, you may be used to jl2 (metro) or jk4 (rural) [Modems]
    Samsung SGH-I897 [Build 1007] - teamhacksung's ICS {Android 4.0.1}
    Asus TF101 [Build B70] - Revolver 3.9.5 {Android 3.2.1}
    HP Touchpad {WebOS 3.0.2 + CM 7.1 Alpha 3}

I just got a random reboot in the middle of a call.. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes and I heard the start up sound.. Was rebooting.. Hopefully this wont happen again. Anyone else get this one yet?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links