- ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

This is a discussion on - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Fluffy I just got a random reboot in the middle of a call.. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I just got a random reboot in the middle of a call.. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes and I heard the start up sound.. Was rebooting.. Hopefully this wont happen again. Anyone else get this one yet?

nope, my calls have been clear...don't think i've had any force closes all day...phone has been working perfectly

Try a different modem. It looks like jp9 is the default, you may be used to jl2 (metro) or jk4 (rural) [Modems]
    Maybe Ill try that tomorrow...thanks for the link...any you recommend? and since this rom uses cwm2....would i use the cwm2 froyo modems...or the cmw3 gingerbread modem...since this is gingerbread...lol...Im guessing the cwm2 ones?

i can stream netflix without buffer lag with less than a 15% signal...but itd still be nice to get it higher

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by mletchworth View Post
    So, this uses CWM 2.5x apparently. I was using Continuum with Talon's kernel (CWM 3.0) and I had to start from scratch (Odin one click to JF6, then install GB bootloaders, then flash kernel, then install Dorian's ROM). The whole process didn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes though.

Questions - does this kernel/ROM combo support voodoo sound? Normally the voodoo control app is included. EDIT: Installed voodoo control from market. Solved.

What about overclocking? EDIT: Found out that it doesn't. Not supported by Voltage Control app

Also, I don't have any lag-fix options with CWM 2.5x. Is this ROM already lag-fix enabled or do I need to manually convert to ext4?
    Yea, the lagfix's aren't very well implemented yet. Talon kernel uses the app to convert everything to EXT4 and xcaliburinhand's Voodoo kernel uses, well, Voodoo. Excaliburinhand's kernel isn't CWM3.0 compatible, and Talon kernel is ONLY CWM3.0. I include excaliburinhand's kernel because, right now, CWM2.0 is still the dominant method of flashing. Gingerbread doesn't *require* it, but they're trying to push for the adoption of it because it enables more features, and it's cleaner (code wise).

Just remember that, in the future, if I release any updates that you should disable the lagfix, if you have one installed, to install the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by indiadelta View Post
    I got it to work with Nitrality, but it was a little tricky and took a few tries to get it. When I went into Nitrality, the AOSP and stock emails were checked and the SGS II was also checked. I unchecked all three, rebooted, then checked the SGS II. After that it started working. I have since rebooted again, and everything still appears to be in order.

One thing to note, I flashed JVH 2.0 after going back to bone stock with Odin 1-click, then to Dorian's JS8, but I skipped over Dorian's JVB and went straight to this build. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Dorian, this one is brilliant so far. Thanks for the hard work. If I run into anything out of the ordinary, I'll be sure to post, but i haven't hit anything yet.
    Exactly the trouble I had with the previous JVH build with the 3.0.0.1 Email client. Nitrality deletes the app apk's, but it also deregisters extensions and sync profiles from the system. Then when adding one back, it reregisters extensions and re-does all the dirty work. Only thing is, that it's still dirty work, and sometimes it just fails to work any way you put it.

Glad you got it working though! I know you said you preferred Exchange Security enabled, and the client in Nitrality is security *disabled*... maybe when I can get this client to install cleanly, I can offer one with security enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    ya guys, I used the installerz package in the first thread post...followed all the steps (flashed back to stock i9000 environment...then loaded jvb2 and havent had any problems...

it runs REALLY smooth

Edit: I am noticing that my signal seems to be a little weaker tho...could that be due to the new rom? or probablt just cuz the weather is bad outside?
    Probably the modem. I've found that for my area, DVJP9 is a pretty nice replacement for UGJK4. JK4 with this ROM seems to consume a good deal of battery.

I just got a random reboot in the middle of a call.. I was on the phone for about 30 minutes and I heard the start up sound.. Was rebooting.. Hopefully this wont happen again. Anyone else get this one yet?
    Interesting. I don't use my Captivate for calls anymore, so thanks for reporting that! If it becomes something regular, try going into recover and try repairing your permissions and deleting caches.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Hi there, reporting from Costa Rica!
    Nice ROM love the slim and smoot it is. GREAT JOB!
    My personal comments. JP9 didn't work that well for me, based on XDA modems list I decided to try UGJL2 which is voted as one of the best and is working really nice for me.
    I was using GR-12 before, with the stock install I tried quadrant and got arround 900 - 1000, that ROM uses reoriented kernel G 1.1 and I was getting similar results. I manually updated to 1.2 converted to EXT4 and got results around 1600 on quadrant.

With this ROM I'm also getting quadrant results arround 900-1000. Just wondering would be the same thing? also I notice that the information says that this is reoriented g13, so I'm a little confused about why would that be.

I do want to make a note here. After I move to EXT4 I started to have some issues, the phone would become almost freezed at times, not completely freeze but really unusable. I had to pull the battery off.

So if EXT4 was the cause I'm definitely not interested in going back.

Another thing, is there a way to get the spanish dictionary for the samsumg keypad?
    I might be the only one in the world, but I do like it :P

I also had a problem with 3 way calling.. Got a call then did add a call didn't bridge the two together. Talked and hung up on the second call and went to switch to the original first call and it would take them off hold. Kept saying Can not transfer call.. So I hung up on them and they called back.

I just wiped Dalvik cache and Wipe Cache and Fix Permission.. Hopefully this will resolve those problems. Trying to get 24 hours run out of this

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloCR View Post
    Hi there, reporting from Costa Rica!
    Nice ROM love the slim and smoot it is. GREAT JOB!
    My personal comments. JP9 didn't work that well for me, based on XDA modems list I decided to try UGJL2 which is voted as one of the best and is working really nice for me.
    I was using GR-12 before, with the stock install I tried quadrant and got arround 900 - 1000, that ROM uses reoriented kernel G 1.1 and I was getting similar results. I manually updated to 1.2 converted to EXT4 and got results around 1600 on quadrant.

With this ROM I'm also getting quadrant results arround 900-1000. Just wondering would be the same thing? also I notice that the information says that this is reoriented g13, so I'm a little confused about why would that be.

I do want to make a note here. After I move to EXT4 I started to have some issues, the phone would become almost freezed at times, not completely freeze but really unusable. I had to pull the battery off.

So if EXT4 was the cause I'm definitely not interested in going back.
    What were you using to convert to EXT4? My recommendation here would be to use the Voodoo kernel by xcaliburinhand. Talon kernel is, IMO, really REALLY rough around the edges. I can't even boot past the boot animation on some of Talon kernel's revisions!

Another thing, is there a way to get the spanish dictionary for the samsumg keypad?
    I might be the only one in the world, but I do like it :P
    I'm not sure... but I can definitely check on that for you! I just never realized that people from all over the world would be using my ROM's... I guess I just never thought about it.

I also had a problem with 3 way calling.. Got a call then did add a call didn't bridge the two together. Talked and hung up on the second call and went to switch to the original first call and it would take them off hold. Kept saying Can not transfer call.. So I hung up on them and they called back.

I just wiped Dalvik cache and Wipe Cache and Fix Permission.. Hopefully this will resolve those problems. Trying to get 24 hours run out of this
    If you're having issues still... I have a new beta going up in a while with integrated Email 3.0.0.1, tweaked frameworks, and no overscroll glow. Instead of overscroll glow, I'm trying the bouncy menus again. I kinda missed them. The bouncy menus are fun when you're bored...LOL. You know you're a geek when you get entertainment from bouncy menus. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    What were you using to convert to EXT4? My recommendation here would be to use the Voodoo kernel by xcaliburinhand. Talon kernel is, IMO, really REALLY rough around the edges. I can't even boot past the boot animation on some of Talon kernel's revisions!
    Nothing in particular. I just downloaded I9000_reoriented_vG.1.2_JVB.tar from the XDA page here flashed using ODIN and on first boot it converted the file system

I'm not sure... but I can definitely check on that for you! I just never realized that people from all over the world would be using my ROM's... I guess I just never thought about it.
    Is a small world the interned

... and no overscroll glow. Instead of overscroll glow, I'm trying the bouncy menus again. I kinda missed them. The bouncy menus are fun when you're bored...LOL. You know you're a geek when you get entertainment from bouncy menus. :rolleyes:
    Ahh I really like overscroll, would you consider keeping it?

Two more things :P I hope I'm not becoming to annoying
    1. Where is the default wallpaper? I like it but I don't see it in the wallpapers gallery so I'm afraid to change it and loose it
    2. Some rooms are being packed with multiple unlock screens, IMO the puzzle unlock is really nice. I know you don't exactly aim for the eyecandy but just saying, maybe you would like it too :P

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Nothing in particular. I just downloaded I9000_reoriented_vG.1.2_JVB.tar from the XDA page here flashed using ODIN and on first boot it converted the file system
    There's your problem... JVB kernels don't work correctly with anything higher than JVB. You need the JVH version. There were kernel changes from JVB upwards...

Is a small world the interned
    Indeed! LOL.

Ahh I really like overscroll, would you consider keeping it?

Two more things :P I hope I'm not becoming to annoying
    1. Where is the default wallpaper? I like it but I don't see it in the wallpapers gallery so I'm afraid to change it and loose it
    2. Some rooms are being packed with multiple unlock screens, IMO the puzzle unlock is really nice. I know you don't exactly aim for the eyecandy but just saying, maybe you would like it too :P
    I can, yes... I'll probably make it an option.

The default wallpaper is in framework-res.apk... But here is a link to the original.

I actually tried integrating more, but I can't get anything but framework crashes. That's why I only included the AOSP one. But I'm working on it...

Thanks Dorian!! again Amazing work.

Posting back some results:

I flashed the I9000_reoriented_vG.1.2.zip under the JVH section in the XDA page for the kernel to get the lagfix.
    After booting it converted the file system to EXT4 just as expected
    Run full benchmark on quadrant and got 1667 :D
    I'm keeping Voodoo Toggle Reboot Button (an app from the market) in hand in case I need to disable it when new updates come along.

I'm really enjoin this ROM!

Another question/request, on GR-12 the music app had lock screen controls.
    Any idea how to get those? is it a different music app? I looked the same though

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links