- ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

This is a discussion on - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Dorian, will you by any chance be developing for the Infuse 4g?...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

Dorian, will you by any chance be developing for the Infuse 4g?

Wow, battery life os awesome with JVH 2.0. 14h15m on battery, 51% remaining, after a number of calls, a lot of web use, and a 45 minute Runkeeper run. It does seem that the phone goes to standby very quickly, maybe that is part of the improvement. I'm going to try adjusting a few things and see what happens, but this is sweetness. Everything is snappy and smooth - even noticed a real difference in Soduku game.

Display 30%, Voice Calls 18%, Runkeeper 13%, Wi-Fi 8%, CellStandby 8%, Android OS 5%, Android System 3%, Phone Idle - 2%, Handcent SMS 2%, Media Server 1%, gpsd 1%

Having fun with some of the glass widgets, look very cool. Can anyone recommend a good glass widget for contacts, or for Facebook, or for Twitter?

Dorian, sweet stuff! Thank you.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by civ122 View Post
    Anyone living in the Northeast (Hartford, CT) area have any modem feedback to share for this ROM...I am not able to see any difference regardless of the modem I flash

Thanks!!!
    CT has both 850 and 1900MHz networks, so you won't see much difference. Basically, look for the one that gives you better battery life. For that area I'd recommend one that defaults to 850MHz because you'll get more consistent service with lower frequencies. Try TLJL3, DVJP9, or UBJP9

Quote Originally Posted by Danhare4 View Post
    Dorian, will you by any chance be developing for the Infuse 4g?
    Yep. It will be a few weeks though.

Glad you guys are liking the ROM!

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Guys,
    Sorry but I have to say that it is getting as confusing here as it was for me over at the XDA sites. I would like to update my captivate to the latest Dorian 2.3 ROM, but there is this thread with a JVH 2.0 stable then somewhere it mentions that an upgrade should remove the front facing camera and I don't see that. I believe that the first post on a thread that later gets updated should point to the latest full wipe ROM and to any non full wipe updates to that ROM so that some of us who don't enjoy flashing as a sport can jump in and not read a little later on that there is a better (improved version) "here".
    I really enjoy the ROM I am using (Dorian's XWJS8 V1 Update 1-2.- and when taking the jump to Gingerbread - that looks more difficult to implement than the Froyo ones, I would like to do it only once.

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    Guys,
    Sorry but I have to say that it is getting as confusing here as it was for me over at the XDA sites. I would like to update my captivate to the latest Dorian 2.3 ROM, but there is this thread with a JVH 2.0 stable then somewhere it mentions that an upgrade should remove the front facing camera and I don't see that. I believe that the first post on a thread that later gets updated should point to the latest full wipe ROM and to any non full wipe updates to that ROM so that some of us who don't enjoy flashing as a sport can jump in and not read a little later on that there is a better (improved version) "here".
    I really enjoy the ROM I am using (Dorian's XWJS8 V1 Update 1-2.- and when taking the jump to Gingerbread - that looks more difficult to implement than the Froyo ones, I would like to do it only once.
    Hey there

Is actually no that complicated.

The current stable version is the 2.0 Dorian is still working o a new release so what you have seen around about that is probably from the beta thread.
    2.0 Still have mentions to the front facing cameras as included in the JVH that Dorian use as base, the icons are there but they just wont work of course.
    The thing with gingerbread and froyo is that you need to update your boot loaders and if you ever want to go back to froyo you will need to change them again, is not that complicated I was scared at the beginning as well but its all done with ODIN and there are full packages with all you need so relax.

Gingerbread is actually a lot better than froyo or at least equal so don't worry about playing with the boot loaders I bet once you get to gingerbread you are not going to look back.

Follow Dorian's instructions they are pretty simple and will take you where you want to go without any problem.

Good luck!

Thanks PabloCR for your reassurance and clarification as to which of Dorian's Gingerbread ROMs is the latest.

Ok for all the people out there that want SGS II Email client for Stable 2.0 here is how you do it..

Install JVH 2.0 Normally..
    Install Market App Nitrality
    Go into Nitrality and then click Applications
    Remove
    Email - ASOP
    Email - Stock
    SGS II Email
    SGS II Email Widget

Make sure they are removed.. Not checked.. Exit out of Nitrality and go back in and double check it is removed.

Once removed copy this file

http://insanity-dl.nfye.com/list.php...mail-SGSII.zip

To your SD Card

Reboot into Recovery
    Install that zip with Clock Work Mod

When you boot back in gratz you on having SGS II Email working..

Let me know if you have any problems.

I had great battery life but now I can't make it half way through my day without going to zero I can't figure it out no apps are, running in the background weird any suggestions

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Settings/About Phone/Battery Use

What does it say? That will tell you what is burning your battery.. Odds are it is something running in the background.. A lot of people always say.. I am running NO programs in the background.. Then followed by Oh yea that one.. Didn't think that would use any power..

I cannot wait to try this out tonight!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links