- ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

This is a discussion on - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; JVH has been running very very well for me. Today, almost ten hours on the battery with 2h37m of voice calls, still at 35% battery ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

JVH has been running very very well for me. Today, almost ten hours on the battery with 2h37m of voice calls, still at 35% battery remaining.

Noticed one issue. Fooling around with the video recorder in the Camera app. Set it to highest resolution, 1280x720, and did a test recording just walking around the place. Audio sounded great, and the video looked great but "skipped" a few times and then I noticed that audio and video were out of sync (video lagged by several seconds at the end of a one minute recording). Any one else see this? Any fix?

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac18 View Post
    I had great battery life but now I can't make it half way through my day without going to zero I can't figure it out no apps are, running in the background weird any suggestions

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I Reflashed and it solved my problem but i don't know what was up with it before, but luckily that did the trick, now I'm at 8 hours and 42 minutes with 88% battery life and i've really been using it today, its absolutely sick.

Directing this part to fluffy in reply, haha wrong quote above, oh well..
    BUT before i do remember what was draining it all, i marked the first 2 down because i couldn't figure it out, because i had my phone on standby like for 6 hours while i was working, and it was dead when i got back for a break, it was so odd, and it did that for 2 days, but nevertheless at least its fixed now, i wonder what did it before though hmm? it was a fresh flash and everything.
    Android OS - 56%
    Display - 35%
    then other apps to fill the rest

Odd.. but fixed so. idk

Yea Android OS means that something was running in the background that wasn't registering itself correctly.. It could have been a background process or something that didn't install correctly.. Display is usually up there so that isn't a big deal.. Android OS being that high means something was running in the background updating a lot. However Dorian would be best to speak to that as I havnt looked under the hood of JVH Stable 2.0 yet.

Just installed

Very smooth, the whole process took about 10 minutes. No issues at all. Thanks Dorian so much for the great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Yea Android OS means that something was running in the background that wasn't registering itself correctly.. It could have been a background process or something that didn't install correctly.. Display is usually up there so that isn't a big deal.. Android OS being that high means something was running in the background updating a lot. However Dorian would be best to speak to that as I havnt looked under the hood of JVH Stable 2.0 yet.

Yeah i have no idea, but now that i reflashed its been absolutely phenomenal, 80% at 16 hours with moderate use, woah dude, i did a math problem for this.. if i kept my phone on and used it like i do everyday, it will last 3 1/8 days, Crazy increase compared to it barely lasting 8hrs on other roms and etc. wow... better than when it worked right before haha

Is anyone else having issues with bluetooth stereo headsets? Mine is only coming through in Mono.

Can anyone download the newest Netflix APK.. I cant get it from the Market.. Damn ATT..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Can anyone download the newest Netflix APK.. I cant get it from the Market.. Damn ATT..
    Here's the latest client...

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thank you sir.. I found a copy of it at

Hacked Netflix on Android No Longer Working? Feel Free to Try the Real Market Version - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Was going to post it here when I seen your message with you hosting it..

Can you answer why I can not get Netflix from ATT market.. And when I use Market Enabler it still doesn't seem to care/work only for Netflix?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Thank you sir.. I found a copy of it at

Hacked Netflix on Android No Longer Working? Feel Free to Try the Real Market Version - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Was going to post it here when I seen your message with you hosting it..

Can you answer why I can not get Netflix from ATT market.. And when I use Market Enabler it still doesn't seem to care/work only for Netflix?
    Actually, I'm not sure why. The Netflix app is now device agnostic, but I can only get it to show up in the market if I spoof a Nexus S... completely. Google, crespo, soju... the whole nine yards. And I was actually going to include that in JVH2.0, but since I was spoofing a Nexus S and not running 2.3.4, I got constant update notices about upgrading 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. And since JVH isn't Google software, updating to 2.3.4 would most likely brick my device.

I'm going to do some packet inspection to see what my Captivate is sending to Google when I access the market. I want to know what info is setting app black/whitelists.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links