- ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

This is a discussion on - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by Fluffy So just to let you know about how stable this is.. I have now been running it for 7 days straight ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: - ROM - JVH 2.0 - Stable

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    So just to let you know about how stable this is.. I have now been running it for 7 days straight with 0 problems, no force closes or reboots. That is 7 days up time on this build with the SGS II Email AP.. Please also note that is with heavy Phone use and Movie watching as well as WIFI tethering for my computer.

So this is just to affirm this ROM.. Works like a champ..

The only flaw I see so far is that when I take the phone off the charger it goes from 100% battery to 90% almost instantly.. Then from there goes down normally.. I get about 14 hours use out of the phone with all I do with it..
    The battery charging issue is not really an issue, per se. It's a new thing Samsung is doing with it's firmware. It allows the battery to handle more charge/discharge cycles if it's not charging to 100% every time.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac18 View Post
    The only think i can think of is the occasional issue where half of my apps disappear from my app drawer, well they don't disappear they do that thing where it says not installed and i have to reboot my phone, and it does one more thing where it shows my music won't play because it doesn't support that file or something randomly and im like hmm :/ but thats about it for this rom, no other flaws
    Interesting... I'll look into that. Could you say what apps are doing that? And what type of music file? Is it just random music files or a certain container like AAC or FLAC, MP3... ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Well, after running CM7 and MIUI for several weeks, knowing that this was here and getting things added and tweaked, I finally decided to switch over yesterday and give this a shot. I'm glad I did. My battery life when from dismal to amazing (including running on 3G most of the day while away from my WiFi at home). I liked some of the frilly look and feel of MIUI, but as always, the clean, simple, friendly appearance and UI of Dorian's cooks was a welcome sight after so long on the CM7 variation. I did notice that my benchmark speeds went down and it was a tad laggy - so I installed the ext4 conversion app and the Talon kernel with just a slight OC (no UV - as soon as I UV it starts getting buggy), and it went right back to higher benchmarks than a SGSII running stock ROMs. I've only had one FC issue, and that's with the OpenSignal app that I run to verify tower coverage and see what kind of signal and at what strength and type of connection (UMTS, HSDPA, EDGE etc) I am getting, but that also happened on CM7. It also loads right back up and has only happened once.

It's obviously a weekday today, so my phone and SMS use will get very heavy, so I'll report back on battery life and any other issues. However - I am thus far loving this modem including in the cook. I noticed that my signal strength is nearly double that of any other modem I've tried in the past - though the speaker is a little quiet. I'm going to try getting in to service mode and adjusting the output on the speaker though to compensate. Otherwise, I'm glad to be back on a Dorian cook, and I really appreciate how this group, like those on XDA, has also chipped in to report on and help resolve issues.
    Nice! Yea, the DVJP9 modem has been very good for me so far, especially in regards to how much of the battery it consumes. It's very efficient. It also provides pretty good speeds, up and down. About the quiet speaker, have you tried going into the Voodoo Control app and setting the speaker up for music playback? It seems to make a difference all around for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselstation View Post
    What clock is in the original post? Is it Beautiful Widgets? if so what skin?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2745021/screenshot_238.png
    That is Beautiful Widgets, yes. That's the Ubuntu Skin.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Interesting... I'll look into that. Could you say what apps are doing that? And what type of music file? Is it just random music files or a certain container like AAC or FLAC, MP3... ?
    Its just a random set, it would be an app like battle bears, then boothr, then something else i remember was CNN, it would be like half of the regular apps from the market, and then the default google applications wouldn't do it, but i'm not sure, it was fine after a reboot but i find it occasionally does that. Also, to the music its not specific its all MP3 or M4A files

I made some adjustments in the service menu and I'm going to try the Voodoo route as well. Thanks for the tip, Dorian!

I am getting random FC on Tweetdeck since last night also. No other issues or problems.

After installing JVH 2.0 I felt some lag especially when pressing the "Previous scrren" or Home buttons. This maybe was a personal thing since I was coming from a very fast XWJS8 with lagfix. I had moved to JVH 2.0 because after a freeze in XWJS8 I was getting more freezes and decided a fresh start with JVH 2.0 woulf fix the phone. Besides I was getting bored and needed some tinkering. The default Kernel version that loads when one installs this ROM ends in Reorient_G # 14 while Dorian's pictures show # 13. I also saw Dorian's reply to PabloCR regarding his problem with EXT4 and D's suggestion to try a Voodoo enabled Kernel from the XDA site. I got curious and flashed xcaliburinhand's I9000_reoriented_vG.1.2. Now after that, my Kernel reads the same as Dorian's (..._G # 13) and the phone seems to react faster.
    I don't know if it is necessary to use the Voodoo lag fix apps in the Market to fully exploit this Kernel's capabilities so if anybody has any experience with this or can clarify my question please advise.
    Otherwise, as before - very happy with Dorian's productions (a labor of love we can benefit from) Thanks D

Yeah, I converted to ext4 after installing the JV* compatible Talon Kernel and overclocked to 1.2ghz, with no undervolt. As soon as I try undervolting, I get random FC's and reboots. Without U/V and at the max O/C of 1.2ghz, this phone screams faster than any of the other JV* ROMs that I've tried (and I've tried them all) and is as fast as CM7 / MIUI. Now if I could only figure out how to get CarHome on this build, I'd be completely content. LOL. Otherwise, I bounced around for the last few weeks running everything under the sun, but yesterday I came back to Dorian's ROM, to stay until I upgrade to a HSPA+ compatible device in a few weeks. Then the process will start all over again I'm sure, particularly since I saw that Dorian may be cooking up a ROM for the Infuse. BUT - I am curious when the new SGS variant is coming to AT&T. Perhaps Dorian can shed some light on that?

Hi Dorian-

Any news on an Infuse Rom ?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by DaUnderSheriff View Post
    Then the process will start all over again I'm sure, particularly since I saw that Dorian may be cooking up a ROM for the Infuse. BUT - I am curious when the new SGS variant is coming to AT&T. Perhaps Dorian can shed some light on that?
    I am, yes. Actually, the Atrix, Infuse, and still the Captivate is what I'll be developing for. The AT&T GSII is a target for possibly early to mid July.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpjjs View Post
    Hi Dorian-

Any news on an Infuse Rom ?
    Soon. I have a week off in a bit, where I'll do some work on it.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Thanks for the update. That's likely my next device then. I can't see buying an Infuse when the SGSII is coming to AT&T. I'm curious however if the SGSII is going to be LTE capable, or just HSPA+? If it's just 3.75G, then I may wait for an LTE compatible device altogether. I can't see buying an HSPA+ phone, when AT&T's HSPA+ is capped so low. In a way, I hope the merger with T-Mobile goes through so we can get some more towers up and some additional backbone available for throughput. Even with the mass migration of I-Phone users to Verizon, I still can't get decent bandwidth anywhere in the backhaul enabled areas on a 3.5G phone, so why waste the money on the higher end device and the more expensive "4G" data package? Yes, I know, the plight of AT&T users everywhere. LOL

Installed JVH2.0 the other day and everything has been rocking, the only thing I just noticed was I have no data connection... Voice works fine.

I have both packet data and data roaming checked under network settings and ATT under available networks. Am I missing something???

Quote Originally Posted by zmoney440 View Post
    Installed JVH2.0 the other day and everything has been rocking, the only thing I just noticed was I have no data connection... Voice works fine.

I have both packet data and data roaming checked under network settings and ATT under available networks. Am I missing something???
    So my issue has been resolved (kinda) I had to input the network access point info for NSAT&T. I still don't have data in the web browser but have it for all applications..

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links