Getting gingerbread versions straight

This is a discussion on Getting gingerbread versions straight within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Hey, this is something that I have been wondering for a while now there's seems to be a lot of gingerbread versions out there JVH, ...

Thread: Getting gingerbread versions straight

Getting gingerbread versions straight

Hey, this is something that I have been wondering for a while now there's seems to be a lot of gingerbread versions out there JVH, JVO, JVB, JVK just wondering is this chronological something like: JVB first then JVH then JVK then JVO .....
    is there any major difference between those?
    There are a few custom ROMS out there and seems like every single one of them is based on a different version.

Currently I'm using Dorians JVH2.0 and I love it, but just would like to finally understand this. You know to be a little less dumb :P

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Your close on release order. JVO and JVH released at the same time with a few hours different in build times. JVK was a leak Gingerbread that we could not use on Captivates because it did not have sources for kernel, then JVB released with sources so we could reorientate the kernel for the Captivates. So release went as follows, JVK (March) , JVB (April), JVH (May 4th), JVO (May 4th) (new gingerbread modem release) and finally JV9 (build is couple days after JVO).

As far as differences between them, I am sure Dorian can say if there were anything major but from what I saw, JVO had a few more language packages than JVH.

Thanks a lot! that sure make things a lot easier to understand.

Lets hope Dorian gets through here and probably can tell us if there was any major difference between the builds.

Thanks again!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    There's major differences in JVK and JVB. JVB was a stable shipping build, so that's why source was published. JVH uses parts from JVO and JVB, and JVO is more of an international release with more supported languages. There's not really much difference at all though between JVB, JVH, and JVO. Mainly framework tweaks. JV9 on the other hand, I haven't really looked at. If I'm not mistaken, JV9 is a provider build, whereas the others are consumer release builds.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

well there you go.

Thanks Dorian!

Looking forward to your new release!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    ... If I'm not mistaken, JV9 is a provider build, whereas the others are consumer release builds.
    Definitions:

ProviderBuild=? ConsumerRelease=?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by p1gnone View Post
    Definitions:

ProviderBuild=? ConsumerRelease=?
    There's no difference except with CSC localization's. CSC's are different from country to country, and only select i9000 ROM's have "Multi CSC". It's really just who the ROM was released to... consumers or providers.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

why would I ask my question if I thought the answer would be consumer release = consumer release etc.

Perhaps elaboration on the distribution channel differences, e.g. perhaps provider build is what bundles provider custom apps, and goes on successive waves of sales of the same model, or is pushed ota to a provider's customer base[given the model]. Who are "consumers"? Is this a direct sales of handsets, category?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links