Wallpapers

This is a discussion on Wallpapers within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Has anyone notice this? Use the phone browser and google images to look for a wallpaper try to find one with a good level of ...

Thread: Wallpapers

Wallpapers

Has anyone notice this?
    Use the phone browser and google images to look for a wallpaper try to find one with a good level of details.
    Open the image and make sure to hit the "view in full size button" tap and hold and select set as wallpaper. The phone will set the wallpaper without further interaction. Go home and notice the look of it.
    Now open the browser again save the image and try setting it as wallpaper the usual way. Go to galley or from the wallpapers menu options. You will be asked to select the part of the wallpaper you want to use. Set it. Go home and notice the details.
    It seems to loose quality due to the resize.
    The questions is ... how does this work from the browser to keep a better detail level? Would it be a way to hack the usual way of setting wallpapers to get the best quality?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From the browser it merely saves that image in it's size and then sets it as your wallpaper.. Doing it via the regular way it re-sizes it to save on memory. Check your running memory when you using it via the browser then switch to the other way.. You will notice a memory difference. And if you are choosing a wallpaper that is very large you are wasting memory since your phone can only see 480x800. So if you go above that resolution you are wasting memory for nothing.

When you save the wallpaper, what i use is an app to get wallpapers called Flikie Wallpapers HD but you see you don't have to use the app at all for wallpapers when you goto the gallery and hit set as on ANY image, choose flikie wallpapers and it will set it highest quality bypassing the resize.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    You can use "Wallpaper Set and Save" from the market to set them with no loss in quality, if they're at least 480x800. That app will stop the color banding and everything.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Excellent thank you guys I'll try your suggestions.

Sent from my captivate running Dorian's JVH 2.0

Just wanned to say I tried the "Wallpaper Set and Save", the app's UI could definitely use some enhancement but it is exactly what I was looking for.
    Perfect detail when setting the wallpapers!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links