Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by nakedninja42 I haven't found anything on why KI2 will not save edits done to contacts. I tested out the contacts.apk from KI1 ...

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    I haven't found anything on why KI2 will not save edits done to contacts. I tested out the contacts.apk from KI1 and KH3 and found out that KI1 has the issue as well. KH3 does not. I was able to move KH3 to /system/app and successfully saved a ringtone for an individual. This solution is definitely not my favorite, but the only one I can find at the moment.

1) Download the KH3-contacts-apk.zip Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

2) Extract and move the contacts.apk to /sdcard

3) Move the contacts.apk to /system/app (The phone is NOT going to like this, my screen went black and nothing happened so I did a restart by holding power button and volume up. If you are lucky and it does not do anything more than give a bunch of force close, go to next step).

4) If you had to reboot the phone or getting a bunch of force closes, go to /system/app and locate contacts.odex and delete this file.

5) Reboot

6) Test out and edit contacts.
    Hi Ninja, What's up?
    Can I use TiBu to restore my contacts.apk from KH3 - instead of your method? What do you think?

Edit: Tried it with TiBu - it didn't work
    The link you provided for the KH3 contacts.apk isn't working - could you please re-link it?
    THanks

Quote Originally Posted by ori26 View Post
    Hi Ninja, What's up?
    Can I use TiBu to restore my contacts.apk from KH3 - instead of your method? What do you think?

Edit: Tried it with TiBu - it didn't work
    The link you provided for the KH3 contacts.apk isn't working - could you please re-link it?
    THanks
    Here is the link, let me know if it doesn't work again. Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Dumb question sorry but can I get hspda
    Working with this rom or cross the 9000 modem with this

So used to hspda hate to go back to just 3g only

Thanks in advance
    Sent from my Samsung Captivate I897

1. I did what you said and it worked like charm!
    Thanks a lot!

2. It did force close the contacts when I tried to open it - so I erased the contacts.odex - and it helped!
    How important is that file? now that it's missing?

3. I used "Root Exploer" to paste the contacts.apk and it worked great
    without freezing the phone! (mounted the drive as r/w)

Hi, I can't connect to my wireless router since the upgrade to 2.3.5
    But the phone can connect to my neighbor's router

When I've searched the net I've found that:
    "It seems to be an Android 2.3.5 issue. Some wireless routers are not compatible with 2.3.5.
    Go back to Android 2.3.4."

Do you have a better solution?...

Is seems that this firmware is a bad mix:
    contacts error, H+ surfing speed - not really, wireless router compability problem...

Hi, I can't connect to my wireless router since the upgrade to 2.3.5
    But the phone can connect to my neighbor's router

When I've searched the net I've found that:
    "It seems to be an Android 2.3.5 issue. Some wireless routers are not compatible with 2.3.5.
    Go back to Android 2.3.4."

Do you have a better solution?...

Is seems that this firmware is a bad mix:
    contacts error, H+ surfing speed - not really, wireless router compability problem...
    This is the first time I have heard any wireless issues, I am connected to mine and connect to all the other routers at places I go to. Not really sure what to say about that... you can go back to KH3 2.3.4 but that has reported issues of getting a reset in middle of phone call. KF1 2.3.3 has the Android OS battery drain issue. Just have to remember these are all beta builds so a lot of things could be wrong or is bad. As we have seen now with the contacts not saving.

The H+ is speculated that since the Infuse released the official OTA, they built a beta build of the same branch which is why we see H+ but we get the same speeds as we always have with AT&T modem.

The only thing I recommend is check out a custom ROM on XDA. I am not a ROM dev so I don't know how to get into the programming and make fixes. If I were to recommend anyone over there, check out Lostlogic89 and watsa. Lostlogic released KI2 build already and I can only speculate that watsa is going to release one this weekend (he only does updates on weekends).

1. I did what you said and it worked like charm!
    Thanks a lot!

2. It did force close the contacts when I tried to open it - so I erased the contacts.odex - and it helped!
    How important is that file? now that it's missing?

3. I used "Root Exploer" to paste the contacts.apk and it worked great
    without freezing the phone! (mounted the drive as r/w)
    Glad it worked!

The contacts.apk you moved is deodex so it has the odex file merged into it so your technically not missing anything. The reason to delete the odex file is so the OS does not have a conflict with two odex files (merged into the apk and the separate original file). When you download a custom ROM, they are usually deodex so you'll never see the odex file in the ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyzz View Post
    Dumb question sorry but can I get hspda
    Working with this rom or cross the 9000 modem with this

So used to hspda hate to go back to just 3g only

Thanks in advance
    You can try to try to flash a I9000 modem but you might get either a bootloop when you place a call or just not have very good call quality. You could try placing an I9000 kernel to pair with the modem but I do not know if that method will work since I have not tested it.

This has HSPA but the upload is limited to ~300 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    I haven't found anything on why KI2 will not save edits done to contacts. I tested out the contacts.apk from KI1 and KH3 and found out that KI1 has the issue as well. KH3 does not. I was able to move KH3 to /system/app and successfully saved a ringtone for an individual. This solution is definitely not my favorite, but the only one I can find at the moment.

1) Download the KH3-contacts-apk.zip Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

2) Extract and move the contacts.apk to /sdcard

3) Move the contacts.apk to /system/app (The phone is NOT going to like this, my screen went black and nothing happened so I did a restart by holding power button and volume up. If you are lucky and it does not do anything more than give a bunch of force close, go to next step).

4) If you had to reboot the phone or getting a bunch of force closes, go to /system/app and locate contacts.odex and delete this file.

5) Reboot

6) Test out and edit contacts.
    Did that and now it is working had to delete the contacts.odex and reboot.

Thanks Ninja

I will try to change the modem and kernel to i9000 version currently with hspda 9000 rom I get speed tests of 3m down 1.5m up. Ill try and see later when I get home thanks for your help nakedninja42

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links