Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Ninja, thanks for the link. still no joy, I must have missed a step, would you mind reposting?...

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Ninja, thanks for the link. still no joy, I must have missed a step, would you mind reposting?

In odin my phone was recognized but I realized why it failed. I had the wrong file in the PDA slot. Now my phone won't even turn on when the battery is in it, i try to go back to download mode, or i plug the USB cable in. Help me please :'(

Quote Originally Posted by blade1245 View Post
    In odin my phone was recognized but I realized why it failed. I had the wrong file in the PDA slot. Now my phone won't even turn on when the battery is in it, i try to go back to download mode, or i plug the USB cable in. Help me please :'(
    Take a look at this link and see if you get use it different methods of getting into download mode to recover. Putting the Phone into Download Mode - Samsung Captivate Wiki
    If not, xda has a bunch of thread in the dev section on recovering after a bad flash. Captivate Android Development - xda-developers
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Quote Originally Posted by X-berryaddict View Post
    Ninja, thanks for the link. still no joy, I must have missed a step, would you mind reposting?
    Here is the original link that the fugu root [MOD] FuguRoot: root _any_ stock SGS ROM safely (froyo, GB) - xda-developers

Contanct app problem....

I didnt restore system apps...I restored system data...any way ...i did a rest " factory reset " and the contacts + worked ....So I started to restart app by app and keep cheking if the + is still working... I found that the problem was caused by the App Viber...With its " contacts integration" which caused me the problems....I thaught at first that the problem was caused by the new flashed rom....about fixing the permissinons its well known way to get rid of FCs ... and its one of the best points of rom manager

I dont recommend using the fugu root since it never worked on my phone use Designgears autoroot it worked on my phone even with 2.3.5 deisgn gears seems to be the better rooted kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I dont recommend using the fugu root since it never worked on my phone use Designgears autoroot it worked on my phone even with 2.3.5 deisgn gears seems to be the better rooted kernel
    Both are equally good. I actually prefer fugu root because designgears root places busybox in an unusual location and has issues if I try to update it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I think I have finally killed my cappy...I made it to the stock KJ1 and then when I was attempting to ODIN KJ3 my cpu froze up and I am now getting the new Gingerbread version of the bricked screen..."Firmware Upgrade Fail"

I have tried all the 3 buttons and usb tricks as well as my jig - I have ALWAYS been able to jig my phone back to download but it is going into brick screen every time

After a full year of abusing my phone and flashing the crap out of it...I am not feeling guilty or stressed...But it all finally caught up with me

Anyone have any ideas!!??!?!?!?!

In the captivate dev forum on xda has a thread for the unbrickable mod. That should help you get your phone back up and running.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1242466
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    In the captivate dev forum on xda has a thread for the unbrickable mod. That should help you get your phone back up and running.
    [HOW-TO]UnBrick the UnBrickable Captivate - xda-developers
    Good luck!

Appreciate it Ninja...I tried every method in the WIKI...No dice...The jig has always worked when any other trick didnt...Have had literally over 20 bricks in the last year and brought them all back with the same pair of surgical glves and .99 cent transistors from radio shack

I think Im effed...Atrix's are only 300 on EBAY...hmmmmmm

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links