Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Did anyone tried the USB OTG (ON THE GO ) on our captivates...and is there any way to make it work??!!! I heard that the ...

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Two requests..

Did anyone tried the USB OTG (ON THE GO ) on our captivates...and is there any way to make it work??!!! I heard that the hardware of the captivate is capable of USB OTG... and the 2.3.4 software added the functionality of USB HOST ...now we r on 2.3.5 it should work right?! anyway I orderd a USB OTG MICRO B cable to find out... I 'll change my carrier ...so I want to know if there is any way to unlock the phone ...most the tutorials are for eclair and froyo...does anyone know how unlock gingerbread captivate ... thnx much
    JOE

Quote Originally Posted by jssy91 View Post
    Did anyone tried the USB OTG (ON THE GO ) on our captivates...and is there any way to make it work??!!! I heard that the hardware of the captivate is capable of USB OTG... and the 2.3.4 software added the functionality of USB HOST ...now we r on 2.3.5 it should work right?! anyway I orderd a USB OTG MICRO B cable to find out...
    Not sure, I do not have a way to test it, anyone else know? Let us know what happens when you get it jssy91

I 'll change my carrier ...so I want to know if there is any way to unlock the phone ...most the tutorials are for eclair and froyo...does anyone know how unlock gingerbread captivate ... thnx much
    JOE
    I have not seen one released yet for gingerbread, and I am not sure if there is one since gingerbread is not officially released for our phone. Best bet is to flash back to eclair and get super one click or whatever app your going to use to unlock. It should stay unlock according to other users on XDA when you flash back to gingerbread. Do TiBu to backup all your data apps when you start.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Did anyone tried the USB OTG (ON THE GO ) on our captivates...and is there any way to make it work??!!! I heard that the hardware of the captivate is capable of USB OTG... and the 2.3.4 software added the functionality of USB HOST ...now we r on 2.3.5 it should work right?! anyway I orderd a USB OTG MICRO B cable to find out... I 'll change my carrier ...so I want to know if there is any way to unlock the phone ...most the tutorials are for eclair and froyo...does anyone know how unlock gingerbread captivate ... thnx much
    JOE
    i am not sure which one works i this works with but you may be able to pull out the code from the phone itself i heard u can find the unlock data in the phone itself

IM BACK BABY!!!!

ODIN will flash JS3 right over the new "Brick" screen...I think a captivagte with J1 or greater bootloaders truely is UNBRICKABLE!!!

BIG Shoutout to Dawn who was so helpful and nice...Unbelievable when I cant even get a cheeseburger without eye contact...You rule!

hi, just a quick question. Are the instructions at the beginning of this thread up to date? Another site had KJ1 as a version of gingerbread 2.3.5. I installed that one on my son's captivate but have not tried to root. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2, if there are any. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hatgirl223 View Post
    hi, just a quick question. Are the instructions at the beginning of this thread up to date? Another site had KJ1 as a version of gingerbread 2.3.5. I installed that one on my son's captivate but have not tried to root. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2, if there are any. thanks.
    Since there is no changelog available for the leak betas, KJ3 the best I can say is the latest update leaked from Przekret at sampro.pl.

KJ1 was released about 4 days before KJ3. The instructions are for the last update and I try to keep it up to date when the leaks release. Last release was 10/12. Rooting is the same between KJ1 and KJ3 but right now only the KJ3 kernel in the instructions for flashing after rooting.

I did everything in the instructions and my son's phone is now running 2.3.5 and rooted. I do have a question about Odin, though. Instead of saying Pass after it completed each step, it read Reset in a blue background. I have checked the phone and everything works, sms, mms, net, and making calls. Any reason why it said reset?

it should of said reset then pass cause after a firmware update the phone has to rest it self by rebooting so it can use the updated or downgraded software

Thank you for answering my questions.

As soon as I mention KJ3 is the latest, Przekret leaks another update . I changed the OP with the new update build KK1. This is an update flash so you should be able to flash over KH3, KF1, KI.x, and KJ.x builds. If you installed a kernel that has Lagfix, disable before flashing!!

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links