Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions
This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Quick Question, what if I never flashed my bootloaders and still have the Eclair/Froyo boot loader, can I just use heimdall to flash back to ...
Quick Question, what if I never flashed my bootloaders and still have the Eclair/Froyo boot loader, can I just use heimdall to flash back to stock without bootloaders, and then flash this new GB rom or do I have to flash captivate bootloader from samsung anyway. I used this method to go back to Dorians XWJS8 as it is faster and smoother than what I was running
Really trying to avoid a bootloader flash if I can avoid it and not really wanting to use CM7 yet until it is out of beta
If you never flashed an I9000 ROM like Dorian's Gingerbread releases than you can flash back to stock using the heimdall and follow the guide to getting Captivate Gingerbread running. The warnings put up are for those who flashed I9000 Gingerbread since they have different bootloaders.
Originally Posted by tonyzz
Since the new Gingerbread release is either Odin One-Click or using Odin 1.82 provided by SamFirmware.com, its almost impossible to flash without getting the new bootloaders, but you also have less risk involved on bricking unlike I9000 Gingerbread.
I am still looking for instructions on using Heimdall and how different it is than ODIN but I have not seen any written up. I have never had a problem with ODIN anyways so... don't fix what ain't broken.
On a side note, I really enjoyed CM7 a lot, regardless of still in beta state. My only issue delt with modems and none worked for me here in my area (I tried a lot of modems). If modems are not an issue for you in your area, CM7 is really really stable now on the latest builds (an occasional nightly might break something but thats what reading about other peoples issues help save the phone from a bad nightly :D).
Tried the newer ones yet?
Originally Posted by nakedninja42
Yes, but as new as two weeks ago when I was testing it out. JVO was the last one I used from Gingerbread, KC1 and KB1 just to name a couple. I tried most of the ones listed at the modem link for CM7.
Originally Posted by Johnnie5000
Hi I wanted to thank you guys and ask a question
Hi, I've used the Odin-1-Click to flash to GingerBread
And it worked flawlessly
Thank you so much!
I was afraid my phone is a bit bricked cause I wasn't getting signal most of the time after using a custom rom
Thank you so much!!!
1. I wanted to ask you something - is it O.K. that Kies doesn't recognize my phone?
Is it because this rom is a Beta or something? or something with my phone is wrong?
Other than that everything is fine, thank God, The signal is great and the phone is fast
2.How can I get rid of all the junk from the custom rom? without complete wipe? (or should I wipe?)
I am glad you were able to get Gingerbread on with no issues. :D
Originally Posted by ori26
1) Kies might not be detecting your phone because A) It is rooted or B) This is a beta still like you mentioned. I'll try out Kies later but it could be because of those two reasons. (EDIT: I just installed and updated kies mini, it showed that I have an unregistered devices which I am guessing is the same message you received? It could be the fact that we are not running the official update yet of Gingerbread for our phones.)
2) If you still have stuff from your previous ROM still showing up, then you should do a factory reset. But if you are referring to removing the ATT Bloatware, I copied this from this link http://www.attdroids.com/forum/samsu...y-trace-t.html
Remove AT&T Bloatware Apps
Must have root and BusyBox installed before performing this process!
- Open up Android Market and search/download “Titanium Backup”
- Make sure your phone is not “Mounted” with USB
- Press the Backup/Restore button
- Click on each app and press un-install if you’d like to get rid of it. Do not delete apps off of this list, unless you know it is safe! This deletes these potentially forever… so be sure about things!
- AT&T Navigator
- AT&T Radio
- AT&T Maps
- AT&T Music
- AT&T Mobile Hotspots
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Video
- AT&T FamilyMap
- Mini Diary
- Write and Go
Thank you for your quick answer
Hi, thank you for your quick answer,
I didn't root the device yet, so I guess it's the second option... it's a beta
About the junk, I ment that if I go through the files in the internal sd card - I see all the folders of all the programs of the custom previous Rom
1. So, would a factory reset erase those folders and files?
I think I would backup my phone completely before the factory reset - since the last rom almost bricked my phone... &if all goes well - I'd make another backup afterwards
About the At&T junk - thanks for the info
2. Would I be able to install those AT&T programs later on?
3. About the root image (instead of steps 4-5) -What Odin version should I use to do that?
Thanks again for everything!
1) I thought that you were seeing items installed from your previous ROM. If you want to focus on just the SD card, go to Settings>SD Card and phone storage and you'll see the option to format just the SD card. Of course... remember to backup anything you want to save first .
Originally Posted by ori26
2)If you get the Titanium Backup https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result you can create a backup of the app before you remove it, that way if you decide to check it out later you can restore it.
3) When you flash the root kernel, make sure it goes in the PDA slot. I tested the file with ODIN 1.7 and 1.82 and had no issues.
Just to make sure I'm doing everything right:
1. I'll use Odin3 v1.70
2. I would put the .tar file in the pda slot
3. I would put the Phone in "Download mode" and connect it to the PC
4. I noticed that "Auto Reboot" & "F.reset time" are both marked with V in the Odin by default - is that O.K.?
5. I would hit Start
Yes, Yes, Yes, thats fine as long re-partition is not check and flash :D
Originally Posted by ori26
Search tags for this page
flash stock firmware for sgh i897 captivate
flash stock rom for galaxy s captivate
i997uckh1 download tar
samsung i827 flash file
samsung i897 firmware
samsung kies sgh-i927 android 2.3.6.
samsung sgh i897 gingerbread upgrade odin
samsung sgh i997 firmware original
samsung sgh i997 odin rom
samsung sgh-i827 firmware
samsung sgh-i897 stock rom download
sgh i997 stock rom
sgh-i897 stock rom
sgh-i997 firmware odin
stock rom for galaxy i997
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.