Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Originally Posted by keithn24 Thanks again for the info!! I successfully updated to 2.3.5, I'll give it a few days to make sure everything is ...

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Cool bluetooth dialing works

Quote Originally Posted by keithn24 View Post
    Thanks again for the info!! I successfully updated to 2.3.5, I'll give it a few days to make sure everything is working ok b4 I try to root. I will also try the Bluetooth voice tomorrow if I get the chance - will let you know the outcome. I really appreciate your help & advice, just trying to be a bit cautious so I don't brick my phone.
    Bluetooth voice dialing works!

Hi: I'm new to this forum and have been reading it all day to make sure I am clear on how to flash my NEW AT&T Captivate from the installed 2.2 to 2.33 (JF1). I'd be happy with that version at this time (dont really need 2.3.5) because it appears the jump from 2.2 to 2.3.3 provides major performance and battery life improvements. I have not done any other flashes to this phone since I got it a week ago.

While I'm somewhat tech savvy (i've flashed bioses, and actually do tech support for a software company, I'd really appreciate a little guidance with this flash to give me the confidence I need to push the button.

If anyone would be kind enough to answer the following questions, I might just get that confidence!

1) If I want to flash to just JF1 (2.3.3) would I just do STEP 3 in the first post of this thread? Or, so I need to do step 1 also for some reason?
    2) In running the ODIN- 1-click in Step 3, are there any additional files that I need to download and/or input into the ODIN screen when I run the .exe?
    3) The actual procedure for running the above would be:
    a) Take battery out of phone
    b) Put battery back in the phone.
    c) Plug USB cable into phone and computer.
    d) Start ODIN.
    e) Hold down the volume up/down button, and power button on the phone to put it into download mode.
    f) When recognized by ODIN, hit start in ODIN. (Do any file names have to be put in the 1-click, or does it do it automatically?)
    g) Pray and have the phone number of someone in this forum who can fix this if it doesn't work.

Did I miss anything?
    Make me confident, please!

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    Hi: I'm new to this forum and have been reading it all day to make sure I am clear on how to flash my NEW AT&T Captivate from the installed 2.2 to 2.33 (JF1). I'd be happy with that version at this time (dont really need 2.3.5) because it appears the jump from 2.2 to 2.3.3 provides major performance and battery life improvements. I have not done any other flashes to this phone since I got it a week ago.

While I'm somewhat tech savvy (i've flashed bioses, and actually do tech support for a software company, I'd really appreciate a little guidance with this flash to give me the confidence I need to push the button.

If anyone would be kind enough to answer the following questions, I might just get that confidence!

1) If I want to flash to just JF1 (2.3.3) would I just do STEP 3 in the first post of this thread? Or, so I need to do step 1 also for some reason?
    2) In running the ODIN- 1-click in Step 3, are there any additional files that I need to download and/or input into the ODIN screen when I run the .exe?
    3) The actual procedure for running the above would be:
    a) Take battery out of phone
    b) Put battery back in the phone.
    c) Plug USB cable into phone and computer.
    d) Start ODIN.
    e) Hold down the volume up/down button, and power button on the phone to put it into download mode.
    f) When recognized by ODIN, hit start in ODIN. (Do any file names have to be put in the 1-click, or does it do it automatically?)
    g) Pray and have the phone number of someone in this forum who can fix this if it doesn't work.

Did I miss anything?
    Make me confident, please!

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!
    Hi caricell, There was a time when it did go from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 to 2.3.5, but since we do not need the 2.3.4 I removed it from this thread. You can most certainly stay on 2.3.3 but just be aware there might still be bugs in 2.3.3 that were fixed in 2.3.5. Unfortunately there are no changelogs to provide to say what bugs were fixed or what is still an issue. I can say that if you are experiencing random reboots, try moving apps to the internal memory or uninstalling some apps, that is still a common issue today.

1) Do not need KK4 if you plan on using 2.3.3 in step 3.
    2) The ODIN package is called ODIN-1-Click meaning all files needed for flashing are in the package, nothing in addition is needed.
    3) Pulling the battery and all that is not necessary unless you are not able to get into download mode.
    a) Open ODIN
    b) Shut down the phone and do the vol up/down and plug in your USB
    c) Wait for the com # to show with yellow in the box.
    ( I have in the instructions to remove the sim card and external memory before flashing but it is not a necessity).

Just remember when your doing this that this is leaks of beta builds from Samsung, not a final build as they have not been released yet.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

Thanks, Ninja!

So going from 2.2 to 2.3.3 is as simple as:

-Downloading the 1-click
    -Power off the phone.
    -Start ODIN
    -Hold down Vol up/down while plugging the USB cable into the phone/PC
    -When ODIN shows the COM port connected, Hit START.
    (phone restarts when done?)

Two follow-up questions:
    1) Are you *aware* of any bugs in 2.3.3?
    2) Is it then easy to go from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5, or is there no 1-click ODIN available yet?

Thanks again for your assistance!

Thanks, Ninja!

So going from 2.2 to 2.3.3 is as simple as:

-Downloading the 1-click
    -Power off the phone.
    -Start ODIN
    (phone restarts when done?)

Two follow-up questions:
    1) Are you *aware* of any bugs in 2.3.3?
    2) Is it then easy to go from 2.3.3 to 2.3.5, or is there no 1-click ODIN available yet?

Thanks again for your assistance!
    Do exactly those steps and your done! :D The phone will reboot itself when it is done.

1) I can't remember any major bugs other than the phone reboot that I mentioned.
    2) The KK4 (2.3.5) download in step 1 has only 1 file, if you see the screen shot I have attached in the first post you will see how it should look when you are getting ready to flash.

The difference between the file in step 3 with the 1-click and the file in step 1 is that step 1 is an update while step 3 is the full package (many other files included). It is why I have the steps in the post as they are. The 1-click gets you all the files needed to be on gingerbread (2.3 firmware) and the file in step 1 is an update to the operating system.

Since this is your first jump to gingerbread, check out the 2.3.3 for a couple days before updating. There is a small chance another update will be leaked during the next week... we seem to be getting leaks in the middle of the month for the last few months. I am hoping it is 2.3.6 since the I9000 and the I9100 were updated recently.

Excellent, Ninja!
    Thanks again..you've now given me the confidence to jump to 2.3.3. I'll try it this week some time, and I'll stay with it (at least a few days) to see how it runs.

Based on what you're saying, it looks equally easy to go from 2.3.3 to 2.35 afterwards. Just get the file in STEP 1, open ODIN, point to the file (into the PDA line), hold down vol up/down, plug in phone hit start.

I'll check back here after I've done 2.3.3. Wish me luck.

Excellent, Ninja!
    Thanks again..you've now given me the confidence to jump to 2.3.3. I'll try it this week some time, and I'll stay with it (at least a few days) to see how it runs.

Based on what you're saying, it looks equally easy to go from 2.3.3 to 2.35 afterwards. Just get the file in STEP 1, open ODIN, point to the file (into the PDA line), hold down vol up/down, plug in phone hit start.

I'll check back here after I've done 2.3.3. Wish me luck.
    Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Well, I took the plunge tonight, and after an initial scare, I got the flash done from 2.2 to 3.3. (ODIN couldnt find the phone initially, but that was because I never installed the PC drivers! DUH!).

It seems to be working fine. Thanks, Ninja, for all your help. It was really easy when you have the steps in front of you.

Bring on 2.3.5! (Maybe next week, LOL)

Thanks again!

hi I am new here and I am from Turkey so I am not good at speaking English.
    I have samsung captivate i897 and froyo 2.2 UCJI6 on it.
    ı wanna switch to 2.3.5.
    I have read the threads that all you write. but I can't be sure so I wanna ask again for some help.

as I understood
    -Downloading the 1-click
    -Power off the phone.
    -Start ODIN
    is that all I have to do?

I was confused about bootloader ıssue. do I need to do anything except the things ı write here?

would you pls help me and write every thing what İ have to download and what am I going to do step by step with an easy english
    ı need your help and thank you for all your help.

If you are looking at the first post, please let me know what part you can not understand. I have written the step by step with everything needed to download including how to root (which is optional).

The steps you wrote are correct for getting 2.3.3 on your phone but for 2.3.5 you will need the files in step 1 and 4 in the first post. See image attached in the first post to reference what ODIN will look like when you flash the file from the first step.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links