Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; am ı have to root for 2.3.5? you said that its optional. whats gonna be change if root? do u advise me to root my ...

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

am ı have to root for 2.3.5? you said that its optional. whats gonna be change if root? do u advise me to root my phone?
    thanks for your help

Rooting your phone allows you access to the /system folder of your phone. Some apps like Titanium Backup require root as well as anything that wants access to your /system folder. I say its optional because not everyone has apps that require root. You need root to remove the unnecessary applications from AT&T.

Step 5 in the first post will get your root access if you need it.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

really thanks for your help now ı switcheed to 2.3.3

now ı am trying to understand kk4 ıssue...
    after that ı am going to root. thanks for your help again.
    if ı had any other questions ı am going to ask you again tahanks alot

thanks for your help ı got 2.3.5 now but ı have a problem would you pls help me
    my phone screen turns to horizantal screen use is that normal? on some screens it turn to vertical sometimes.
    for examle when I locked the screen it turns vertical. but when I unlocked the screen it turns to horizontal screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ozozka_n View Post
    thanks for your help ı got 2.3.5 now but ı have a problem would you pls help me
    my phone screen turns to horizantal screen use is that normal? on some screens it turn to vertical sometimes.
    for examle when I locked the screen it turns vertical. but when I unlocked the screen it turns to horizontal screen.
    When you flashed 2.3.5, did you flash anything else? Are you turning the phone and it changes to horizontal from vertical or is it doing it by itself?

It is normal if you turn change the phone from portrait to landscape if you are web browsing but it should not be doing it to the lock screen.

Hi, Ninja:

I think that even though 2.3.3 seems to be OK, I'd like to go to 2.3.5 (just to be on the 'latest and greatest'.)

1) Are there any known issues with upgrading from 2.33 to 2.35 ?
    2) Are there any known issues with 2.3.5 itself?
    3) To do the upgrade, just do steps 1 & 4 from your main post. Correct?

Thanks again, in advance, for your guidance!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    Hi, Ninja:

I think that even though 2.3.3 seems to be OK, I'd like to go to 2.3.5 (just to be on the 'latest and greatest'.)

1) Are there any known issues with upgrading from 2.33 to 2.35 ?
    2) Are there any known issues with 2.3.5 itself?
    3) To do the upgrade, just do steps 1 & 4 from your main post. Correct?

Thanks again, in advance, for your guidance!

Larry
    Glad your going to try out 2.3.5 :D

1) There is no known issues upgrading from 2.3.3 without doing a factory reset. Each build I find and update in the first post are upgrades so you can flash over the previous version. If you do have any issues, a factory reset should clear it up.
    2) The only one I have seen is the same mentioned before. If you have to many apps install, your phone will reboot. It will have issues with 3rd party apps as well. The only solution I have seen is either A) uninstall apps or B) Move all your apps to internal memory. I always keep my apps in internal memory since there is a lot of space so I have never had the reboot issue.
    3) Do exactly that. I have an image attached to confirm where the tar file should go.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the QUICK response, Ninja.
    I've already downloaded the KK4 file and ODIN 1.85.
    The extracted file from the KK4 zip is actually a tar.md5 file. That gets put in the PDA slot just the way it is???

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    Thanks for the QUICK response, Ninja.
    I've already downloaded the KK4 file and ODIN 1.85.
    The extracted file from the KK4 zip is actually a tar.md5 file. That gets put in the PDA slot just the way it is???

Thanks!
    NP :D

The tar.md5 is the correct file for PDA slot. Flash and you'll be done.

Well, I went to do this 2.3.5 flash tonight, and I cannot for the life of me, get the phone to go into download mode!

I tried opening odin, holding down the vol up/down key and plugging in my phone to the PC. All that happens is the phone battery charging indicator comes on.

So, I removed the SIM, SD card AND BATTERY, then replaced the battery and tried the above again. SAME THING.

I tried a few times. No go.

The last time, I tried holding down the vol up/down key AND the power key and the phone went into what looked like some kind of system restore mode with a little android character that loaded rather quickly, and then told me to reboot.

I did that...no problem, and then tried removing the battery again. Still cant get it into download mode.

Ive got the SIM and SD cards back in and the phone is charging, though I did notice a bit of weirdness. When I put the phone down on the table, my contacts open up. This happened twice so far. Of course, I might have accidentally hit the ICON, but i really dont think so.

Is it possible that because my battery was only 45% charged, that the PC didnt see it and load the drivers, even though it did start charging the phone?

Any ideas?

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    NP :D

The tar.md5 is the correct file for PDA slot. Flash and you'll be done.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links