Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

This is a discussion on Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions within the Samsung Captivate Hacking forums, part of the Samsung Captivate category; Honestly, I was expecting a longer delay between each transition when it showed processing, as if it had to process a lot. What your seeing ...

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing Official AT&T Stock Gingerbread; build KK4, 2.3.5 with Rooting Instructions

Honestly, I was expecting a longer delay between each transition when it showed processing, as if it had to process a lot. What your seeing is normal with the MyFiles app. I never paid any attention to it before on eclair, froyo, or gingerbread so I can't comment on previous builds. Try out one of the other File managers I mentioned in the previous post... my favorite is the Es File Manager cause I can access files in my network share folders when I am at home.
    Samsung Galaxy SGS2 I777 4.0.3 UCLD4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM9

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2.3.5 KK4

WHEW! So there's nothing wrong with my phone! If you use the MY FILES app, do you get the quick 'processing' flash too?
    Well, anyhow, as long as you think it's nothing to be concerned about, that's good enough for me!

Thanks for all, Ninja!
    Larry

Just downloaded ES File Manager at your recommendation. That app is da bomb! No delay as in MY FILES, and it connects to my LAN and I can see those files. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    WHEW! So there's nothing wrong with my phone! If you use the MY FILES app, do you get the quick 'processing' flash too?
    Well, anyhow, as long as you think it's nothing to be concerned about, that's good enough for me!

Thanks for all, Ninja!
    Larry
    I am running a beta build of Ice Cream Sandwich so I tried to get a working version of My Files to test out but the Gingerbread didn't work and neither did the leak version of Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S II. I barely used the My Files before when on a Samsung ROM since it does not have root access. From watching the video I remembered seeing it before and I have a class 10 card that I got about ten months ago.

I like the ES File Manager a lot for transferring network files. If you want a cool app that allows to move files while you are on a computer check out Airdroid https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sand.airdroid It's free and you can even send SMS from the desktop if needed.

Loving ES File Manager. Thanks for the tip. Was wondering if you think it's worthwhile to pick up one of those USB "jig" tools in case of semi-brick in the future. They're only a few bucks on ebay. Probably good insurance to have on hand. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by caricell View Post
    Loving ES File Manager. Thanks for the tip. Was wondering if you think it's worthwhile to pick up one of those USB "jig" tools in case of semi-brick in the future. They're only a few bucks on ebay. Probably good insurance to have on hand. What do you think?
    I have never bought one cause I have not needed it. I have seen many people on XDA that seem to not be able to live without. It is definitely a good thing to have around if you plan on experimenting with your phone :D. Do you have a way of getting back to stock ecalir or froyo in cause something happens to your phone?

The phone came with 2.2-froyo, but I never backed that up or got a copy of that version. I'm sure (?) it's available somewhere to download for safekeeping no my PC.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedninja42 View Post
    I have never bought one cause I have not needed it. I have seen many people on XDA that seem to not be able to live without. It is definitely a good thing to have around if you plan on experimenting with your phone :D. Do you have a way of getting back to stock ecalir or froyo in cause something happens to your phone?

I looked on Samsung Open Source for a 2.2. froyo for safekeeping (per one of your earlier posts), but am finding this file: KB1 - SGH-I897 -Opensource froyo.tar.gz. Downloaded, this produces file:SGH-I897_OpenSource_froyo.tar.gz. Is this the correct file to be able to go back to froyo 2.2. from Gingerbread using ODIN? (and, can ODIN point to a '.gz' file in the PDA slot rather than just a '.tar' extension?

Thanks again in advance!

I personally use this [STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY - xda-developerst is eclair (firmware 2.1) but it has a feature I like called master clear. Why it is good to have around is if you flashed anything from cyanogen or a ROM like the ICS port, it formats the phone to use yaffs/ext4 (two different file systems both for android phone if you look into them). Samsung uses RFS file system so the odin one click in the link formats the phone to the right file system and using the master clear will factory reset your phone back to stock and clear your internal memory which is important since non-Samsung ROMs effect the internal memory as well.

Jig is a fail safe to get into download
    ODIN to stock is another to get your phone in working order if a semi-brick happens.

Ok, Ninja:

Though I haven't flashed my phone with any other ROMS (and probably won't)...I'm downloading this 2.1 eclair one-click, JUST IN CASE I need to start over at some point.

I assume I could then upgrade direct to Gingerbread (2.3) directly from 2.1 eclair rather than having to fo to froyo first....

Thanks!
    Larry

I personally use this [STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY - xda-developerst is eclair (firmware 2.1) but it has a feature I like called master clear. Why it is good to have around is if you flashed anything from cyanogen or a ROM like the ICS port, it formats the phone to use yaffs/ext4 (two different file systems both for android phone if you look into them). Samsung uses RFS file system so the odin one click in the link formats the phone to the right file system and using the master clear will factory reset your phone back to stock and clear your internal memory which is important since non-Samsung ROMs effect the internal memory as well.

Jig is a fail safe to get into download
    ODIN to stock is another to get your phone in working order if a semi-brick happens.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links